Stats: 3,163,584 members, 7,854,494 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:46 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (530671 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Androidking: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2023
Hello, I parked my car for long, just like 3 weeks and fuel was on reserve, so I decided to buy some fuel and do small errand with it, after purchasing the fuel,

The car won't start again, I tot its battery dying, I hire battery, still it didn't work.

Called Electrician we rested the fuel pump pressure it good.

He checked one the coil, why I tried to start it, he said its not producing any spark,

So we believed it could be the start sensor (crankshaft sensor) I think that's the right name.

So we removed the old one and put another one coz the old one is even rusting already, but after doing the replacement, it didn't work.

He checked all the fuse they are all OK.

What could be the problem.

We now observed that when you on the ignition. Just before you start the car, the security sensor is still blinking.

So we took the brain box and the keys for sensor inspection and computer reading says they fine.

Please what is going on any help or solutions pls help me.

Car is RX300
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by henrymor: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
Good afternoon guys,

Please, which SUV or sedan will you suggest for someone with a budget between 6-8m?

Note: please, I want reliable Toyota, Hyundai, or Lexus vehicles.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
Androidking:
Hello, I parked my car for long, just like 3 weeks and fuel was on reserve, so I decided to buy some fuel and do small errand with it, after purchasing the fuel,

The car won't start again, I tot its battery dying, I hire battery, still it didn't work.

Called Electrician we rested the fuel pump pressure it good.

He checked one the coil, why I tried to start it, he said its not producing any spark,

So we believed it could be the start sensor (crankshaft sensor) I think that's the right name.

So we removed the old one and put another one coz the old one is even rusting already, but after doing the replacement, it didn't work.

He checked all the fuse they are all OK.

What could be the problem.

We now observed that when you on the ignition. Just before you start the car, the security sensor is still blinking.

So we took the brain box and the keys for sensor inspection and computer reading says they fine.

Please what is going on any help or solutions pls help me.

Car is RX300
Remote diagnosis would be impossible at this moment.
Get a competent technician that knows how to use a multimeter and test lamp to check that car before they condemn your ECU.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by masciv: 2:05am On Aug 22, 2023
blackgold2018:
there’s no oil circulation. Or there’s a very low oil circulation.

It’s not the sensor issue. I have changed. When the oil light comes up.. I’ll start hearing a noise inside my engine.
So something is blocking my oil circulation

Check under your car. Is the sump dented?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Registerforumj(f): 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2023
Good evening.
I’m about to get my first car and every useful advice will be appreciated. I’m an introvert hence I don’t have friends to consult.

Factors to consider:

I live in abuja and stay in town,the probability of me driving to an untareed road is low

My work requires me to move around alot within the city centre. (Sometimes my daily Uber fare ranges between 20-30k since the fuel hike)

I’ll be leaving the country in 2yrs time, hence I need the car for just 2yrs, I’ll most likely not sell it then.

I want something reliable, BUT FANCY

I want a car with low fuel consumption.

I hate cars with fabric seats

I was using a 2012 sonata and I Loved it, however it was an official car and maintenance cost was on the company, I would love to buy sane car, but nairaland review is scary.

I’m considering 2014 Elantra or Sonata…. But I keep hearing they’re not reliable.

Based on the above points what’s the best car you would advice I get.

Ps: THE BUDGET IS 5m
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Iamfehleex: 8:55am On Aug 23, 2023
My car was involved in an accident, and since then I couldn’t purchase another one. One day, my friend introduced me to the Be Rich Platform and I found out that I could purchase any car of my choice for 33% off the original amount of the car.

Car Deposit: helps our users to purchase any car of their choice for 33% off the original price.

You can check their platform on Instagram
https://instagram.com/be_rich_africa?igshid=OGQ5ZDc2ODk2ZA

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chukel(m): 7:36am On Aug 24, 2023
henrymor:
Good afternoon guys,

Please, which SUV or sedan will you suggest for someone with a budget between 6-8m?

Note: please, I want reliable Toyota, Hyundai, or Lexus vehicles.

https://www.nairaland.com/7709636/foreign-used-2008-toyota-highlander#123479754
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chukel(m): 7:46am On Aug 24, 2023
Fieryblaze:
Good day everyone, I am in dire need of advice, so here's my situation. I currently have a Lexus ES350 '08 and where I live has terrible roads, My front and back bumpers look haggard, they always hit the floor and I am tired of it. So I am thinking of getting an SUV, but I am torn between Ford Explorer 2013 Limited and Mercedes Benz GLK 350 2011 both are Toks. I just want a car with serious clearance and that is moderately easy to maintain(I have heard lots of horror stories about Ford and even Benz sef).
Oh and if you have any better option apart from these two, I'll appreciate. The budget is 8-10M
get this

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2023
Registerforumj:
Good evening.
I’m about to get my first car and every useful advice will be appreciated. I’m an introvert hence I don’t have friends to consult.

Factors to consider:

I live in abuja and stay in town,the probability of me driving to an untareed road is low

My work requires me to move around alot within the city centre. (Sometimes my daily Uber fare ranges between 20-30k since the fuel hike)

I’ll be leaving the country in 2yrs time, hence I need the car for just 2yrs, I’ll most likely not sell it then.

I want something reliable, BUT FANCY

I want a car with low fuel consumption.

I hate cars with fabric seats

I was using a 2012 sonata and I Loved it, however it was an official car and maintenance cost was on the company, I would love to buy sane car, but nairaland review is scary.

I’m considering 2014 Elantra or Sonata…. But I keep hearing they’re not reliable.

Based on the above points what’s the best car you would advice I get.

Ps: THE BUDGET IS 5m

Go for an elantra, civic or corolla. For the price, it's not bad, but you may need yo up your budget a bit.

If you need a trustworthy person to help with pre-purchase inspection or to even scout for you feel free to contact me.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2023
Fieryblaze:
Good day everyone, I am in dire need of advice, so here's my situation. I currently have a Lexus ES350 '08 and where I live has terrible roads, My front and back bumpers look haggard, they always hit the floor and I am tired of it. So I am thinking of getting an SUV, but I am torn between Ford Explorer 2013 Limited and Mercedes Benz GLK 350 2011 both are Toks. I just want a car with serious clearance and that is moderately easy to maintain(I have heard lots of horror stories about Ford and even Benz sef).
Oh and if you have any better option apart from these two, I'll appreciate. The budget is 8-10M

Avoid that ford.
The benz isn't bad, but why not do a Toyota Highlander or a venza or a Lexus RX350?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Djponpin1(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2023
Have been thinking of calm and average car to buy, at least something I can drive to work and church. Have been thinking of
benz c-300 AMG 4matic 2010 or 2011,

Lexus ES 350 2011 or 2012

Honda Accord 2013

My budget is 6 million to 7 million.

Thanks for taking your time to read and reply
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by searchng4love: 3:37am On Aug 26, 2023
Fieryblaze:
Your choices: the ford... very bad choice
The GLK... moderately reliable
The Highlander advised by the two previous people is the bomb... coming from a Benz enthusiast. The GLK repairs will most times need specialized technicians and equipments... Unlike the Highlander.... If reliability is your dream...then the Highlander it is. But if show offs and you don't mind your car spending a few days in the workshop or you having to queue for the mechanic then the GLK it is.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fashrola(m): 7:41am On Aug 28, 2023
Any American car (GM) parts dealer plug here? I need a clock-spring for my saturn vue...... any help will really be appreciated
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Gossi123: 8:24am On Sep 02, 2023
Hi there! Thanks for creating this room for us to chat and share our thoughts. I'm excited to join this community and look forward to engaging with everyone. Speaking of transportation, have you ever had a wild a taxi drive on https://13cabstaxis.com.au/location/melbourne/? I once took a taxi in a foreign city, and the driver was so reckless it felt like a rollercoaster ride! Anyway, enough about that. What inspired you to create this room, and what do you hope to achieve?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Trustmea: 2:23am On Sep 08, 2023
Hello gurus pls I'm in a deep dilemma choosing between 2016 Lexus Es 350 and 2016 Mercedes E350. Professionals pls which one can I go for in consideration for the one that has more comfort, luxury and durability. Your urgent tips is highly needed before I make a mistake
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 3:23am On Sep 08, 2023
Trustmea:
Hello gurus pls I'm in a deep dilemma choosing between 2016 Lexus Es 350 and 2016 Mercedes E350. Professionals pls which one can I go for in consideration for the one that has more comfort, luxury and durability. Your urgent tips is highly needed before I make a mistake

Lexus
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Trustmea: 8:53am On Sep 08, 2023
kingreign:

Lexus
Alright thanks boss

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 9:33am On Sep 08, 2023
Trustmea:
It's not fair putting luxury and durability in same sentence.
If you can comfortably afford both, then go for the Mercedes.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Trustmea: 9:36am On Sep 08, 2023
jceesquare:

Pls can u give a reason why Mercedes is better, I really want the one with more luxury as a major factor
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 9:43am On Sep 08, 2023
Trustmea:

Pls can u give a reason why Mercedes is better, I really want the one with more luxury as a major factor
You've answered the question yourself.
Like I said earlier, if you can comfortably afford both, then go for the Mercedes as it gives you more luxury.
Just do due diligence and go with a trusted tech for prepurchase inspection.
If you have none and reside in Lagos, feel free to call 07089030689 for inspection and other car related services.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Trustmea: 9:49am On Sep 08, 2023
jceesquare:

You've answered the question yourself.
Like I said earlier, if you can comfortably afford both, then go for the Mercedes as it gives you more luxury.
Just do due diligence and go with a trusted tech for prepurchase inspection.
If you have none and reside in Lagos, feel free to call 07089030689 for inspection and other car related services.
Okay thanks boss

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fadal(m): 10:02pm On Sep 08, 2023
I WANT THIS COOP RIGHT HERE

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Obidikejr(m): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
Hello all,

Camry 2013/14 or Accord 2013/14
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Rumundele(m): 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2023
How can i get Michelin tire or which tire is the best now
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2023
jceesquare:

Ehn?
What did you say? shocked undecided
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
kingreign:

Ehn?
What did you say? shocked undecided

Wetin you read? undecided
If you daily your luxury car like the normal economy car, your repair bills go skyrocket na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (223) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread