Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,561 members, 7,812,820 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522575 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pafra(m): 12:47pm On Apr 07
My corolla 2005 with switch off when I moved the gear to drive.

When I press the throttle down, then quickly move the gear to drive , I will start moving.

The car also turn off when I slow down in traffic.

Any possible solutions to this?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Abbeyismo(m): 7:28am On Apr 11
pafra:
My corolla 2005 with switch off when I moved the gear to drive.

When I press the throttle down, then quickly move the gear to drive , I will start moving.

The car also turn off when I slow down in traffic.

Any possible solutions to this?

First have the car scan.
But i think ur IACV (idile Air Control Valve) is bad or it has been Tampa with.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Balistic4: 3:57pm On Apr 13
Guys, where can I get very good transmission torque converter and transmission oil pump for 2010 es350? I've searched the whole of abuja for it but can't find it. My transmission is throwing up transmission fluid and the gear guy said it's the pump and torque converter that is bad. Please how do I source for a good one? I need it urgently and I'm in abuja currently. My car has been grounded for a week now
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dicksonadams(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13
richforever123:
Subject: Issues with My Car - Need Diagnosis and Repair

Car Type: 2007 Toyota Camry, 4 Plug Engine

I am reaching out regarding some concerning issues I've been experiencing with my car recently. I believe there may be multiple underlying problems contributing to its current state, and I would greatly appreciate your expertise in diagnosing and addressing these issues.

Here are the symptoms I've observed:

Reduced Coolant: The coolant seems to be drying off as I constantly need to refill and there is no visible leak

White Smoke: White smoke comes out of the exhaust

After driving for some time, the coolant in the reservoir tank starts to 'boil' and pour out, I am aware that is due to air entering the coolant

I bringing this here because the first mechanic I called adviced to change the Engine Gasket which required me to re-surface the engine, the Gasket was changed but the issue still persists

The second mechanic I got was quoting 300,000 for me (almost the cost of a new engine)

Given these symptoms, I understand that pinpointing the exact cause of the issues may require a comprehensive inspection and diagnostic process. However, can someone here point me in the right direction on where I need to focus on?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

If you are in Abuja, connect with kingreign and thank me later
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 7:24am On Apr 14
Balistic4:
Guys, where can I get very good transmission torque converter and transmission oil pump for 2010 es350? I've searched the whole of abuja for it but can't find it. My transmission is throwing up transmission fluid and the gear guy said it's the pump and torque converter that is bad. Please how do I source for a good one? I need it urgently and I'm in abuja currently. My car has been grounded for a week now

Replace complete transmission
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Balistic4: 12:29pm On Apr 14
nurey:

Replace complete transmission
That is a very difficult decision to make. The transmission shifts very well, in fact, I only escalated this because of the oil leak. Also the transmission is 2m as of today. Isn't that an overkill?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Djponpin1(m): 1:36pm On Apr 14
TOYOTAL VENZA 2011 full option, As I was coming from work yesterday I noticed some warning signs few minutes passing some pothole my brake, AWD, ABS,VSC, and slip light came on. I pulled over and checked my parking break to make sure I hadn't hit it by mistake, it was off. But this morning everything was clear by itself but once I move the car maybe few minutes the light will come up again. My break is working fine. I think I need to clean my ABS sensor and check my stop break light.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Abbeyismo(m): 2:05pm On Apr 14
Djponpin1:
TOYOTAL VENZA 2011 full option, As I was coming from work yesterday I noticed some warning signs few minutes passing some pothole my brake, AWD, ABS,VSC, and slip light came on. I pulled over and checked my parking break to make sure I hadn't hit it by mistake, it was off. But this morning everything was clear by itself but once I move the car maybe few minutes the light will come up again. My break is working fine. I think I need to clean my ABS sensor and check my stop break light.
Please have the car scan one of the Abs sensore wires they misbehave.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 4:07pm On Apr 14
Balistic4:

That is a very difficult decision to make. The transmission shifts very well, in fact, I only escalated this because of the oil leak. Also the transmission is 2m as of today. Isn't that an overkill?

Okay, just ensure the work is done in a clean environment as adviced contact kingreign though I doubt if he will sell you transmission parts he ain't fixing
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Balistic4: 4:52pm On Apr 14
nurey:

Okay, just ensure the work is done in a clean environment as adviced contact kingreign though I doubt if he will sell you transmission parts he ain't fixing
Yes he is involved, just that the said parts is difficult to locate. He's searching too
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by cardoctor(m): 11:00am On Apr 25
Balistic4:

If you are still in need call me on 08122711058
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Baso2019: 2:16pm On Apr 25
Please I need help.
My 2000 Toyota Camry won't go into gear, when you shift it will indicate drive or reverse but won't move, no matter how much you rev it.

Sometimes it will pick and then disengage immediately
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bishopjoe02(m): 5:02pm On Apr 25
Registered 2010 Lexus 350, very clean, everything working perfectly.
Price: 15m, location: Lagos

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by darealabi: 7:27am On Apr 26
I drive a 2009 Toyota camry.

I noticed that my brake light is always on anytime I turned on my full light when I am driving at night.

Please, how do I fix this.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 12:23pm On Apr 26
darealabi:
I drive a 2009 Toyota camry.

I noticed that my brake light is always on anytime I turned on my full light when I am driving at night.

Please, how do I fix this.
Check your brake switch.

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.