Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,050 members, 7,953,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:49 AM

Obba Babatunde: US-Based Celebrity - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Obba Babatunde: US-Based Celebrity (36427 Views)

Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead / Yoruba Comic Actor Olaitan Babatunde aka 'Langogo' Dies In Ibadan [pictured] / Don Jazzy Pictured With Babatunde Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obba Babatunde: US-Based Celebrity by hackney(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2010
@poster
Oh yes He's nigerian.

I remember him from half and half ( a U.S series)
Re: Obba Babatunde: US-Based Celebrity by cruxkhalif: 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2012
Bastards.
Una de find wetin dem don contribute to naija, when all of una never do one thing for your people in your families, villages, schools or offices, na to see the broomstick in person eye una specialize in, when a brute log de una eye.

Bastards!!
Re: Obba Babatunde: US-Based Celebrity by cotzywitzy(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2014
dafman:
When a Nigerian outside the shores of this country does not in anyway contribute anything to Nigeria, then it's of no use being proud of such a person. Neither is the person patriotic just because he's a star in the U.S or U.K. I for one don't care about Sade, Seal or Nigerians like them who have not done anything for their people.

Angelina Jolie,a white woman has done more for africa than so called africans, she contributes one-third of her income to charitable causes in africa and other parts of the developing world. Kanu is doing something great by touching the lives of kids with heart defects in Nigeria.

If you've made a success of yourself outside the shores of this country you should not act like the so-called rich class in naija who hoard their wealth for themselves and their families alone, try and emulate the philantropic culture of the west. Only recently warren buffet donated 37billion dollars out of his total wealth of 44 billion dollars to Bill Gates charity. How many rich Nigerians have donated even 1% of their wealth to anything other than chieftaincy titles and vain glory. 

True talk... you no go get Memory loss....
Re: Obba Babatunde: US-Based Celebrity by Ruthless1(f): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2019
OldGlory1:
@Layi

The post is wack, what do you mean he is "US Based Celebrity"? He was born in the heart of the Big Apple(Queens), and he as American as Apple Pie and Root Beer. Then Oprah is US based Senegalese/Ghanaian Celebrity and Arnold is US based Austrian Governor of California. Because he(Obba) has a Nigerian name does not make him US based nothing. Then Danny Glover is An African Based US actor, and the other black Actor(I forgot his name) that does stuff for Darfur is also a an African Actor that happens to be a US citizen.

My point is that we(Nigerians) like saying/implying $hit to makes us feel better, that does not add any value to our lives. If we claim him (Obba) as a "PATROITIC NIGERIAN" BY NAME ONLY, THEN WE OWE BONO FROM U2 AFRICAN CITIZENSHIP.

I usually don't comment on nairaland but the height of your senselessness on this post was too baffling to ignore.
Re: Obba Babatunde: US-Based Celebrity by RuggedSniper: 12:26am On Jun 07, 2020
layi:
Anyone heard of Obba Babatunde? Born and raised in Jamaica, Queens. He wasnt named O.B. He decided to change his name when he traced his roots to Nigeria. He's 1 of  holywood superstars (starred in movies like "that Thing You Do","Life","undercover Blues", Multiplicity etc). He also appeared in "Chicago hope". Obba Babatunde is an Actor, Singer, Choreographer, Musician, Voice actor and Teacher.

I admire such a trait (patriotism) especially these days when Nigerian youths are changing their names ( Kenny for kehinde, Bobby for Bobola, Timmy for Timilehin, Simmy for simisola etc) and adopting new nationalities.

OB, thumbs Up. I'm proud of you
Via DNA testing... Or genealogical tracing?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Kylie And Kendall Jenner Of The Kardasian Sisters / Comedian Bovi Tries A New Hairstyle (photos) You Like / Disqualified & Evicted BBNaija Housemates Visit Heritage Bank (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.