Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

How Old Were You When You Got Married? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Old Were You When You Got Married? (964 Views)

What You Got To Know About Jihaadul-islaamee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old Were You When You Got Married? by somalia11: 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
Curious my family is asking me to get married. I think i still got a few more years before i give my life up.
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by maclatunji: 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
Do you mind telling us your age?
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by somalia11: 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
maclatunji: Do you mind telling us your age?

twenties.
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by maclatunji: 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
somalia11:

twenties.

Ok. Arranged marriages cannot work without the consent of the man and woman. Hence, from an Islamic point of view, your family would be wrong to try to force you to get married. However, knowing that you are an adult and may be suitable in the eyes of many people for marriage, it is something you should seriously think about especially if you might likely fall into the trap of fornication (zina).

May Allah grant you a good husband and happy marriage (Ameen).
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by somalia11: 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
maclatunji:

Ok. Arranged marriages cannot work without the consent of the man and woman. Hence, from an Islamic point of view, your family would be wrong to try to force you to get married. However, knowing that you are an adult and may be suitable in the eyes of many people for marriage, it is something you should seriously think about especially if you might likely fall into the trap of fornication (zina).

i am a man. thanks.
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by maclatunji: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
somalia11:

i am a man. thanks.

Oh, I am sorry. I just assumed this is more of a "female" problem. Much of my initial advice is still applicable.
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by deols(f): 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
Somalia, marriage could be what is best for you. You better listen to them.

Any of those beautiful Somali women yet to catch your fancy?

I think your family sees something that I sense. grin
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by somalia11: 1:22am On Jul 14, 2013
deols: Somalia, marriage could be what is best for you. You better listen to them.

Any of those beautiful Somali women yet to catch your fancy?

I think your family sees something that I sense. grin

am still young and marriage is expensive. I want to finish my masters degree. Yes their are alot beautiful somali women but am not ready for marriage.
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by tpia5: 1:35am On Jul 14, 2013
maclatunji:

hilarious.
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by somalia11: 2:52am On Jul 14, 2013
tpia@:

hilarious.

u male or female? married? how old were u when you got married?
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by teemlo: 5:52am On Jul 14, 2013
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by deols(f): 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
somalia11:

am still young and marriage is expensive. I want to finish my masters degree. Yes their are alot beautiful somali women but am not ready for marriage.

If not ready, dont get married.

Age is only a number. Maturity is on the mind.Maturity is what you need.
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by somalia11: 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
deols:

If not ready, dont get married.

Age is only a number. Maturity is on the mind.Maturity is what you need.

am very mature. Dont let my trolling fool you. Am looking for a nigerian wife who will not con me
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by deols(f): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2013
somalia11:

am very mature. Dont let my trolling fool you. Am looking for a nigerian wife who will not con me

That you troll speaks for you already. You dont need to convince me wink

How about financial maturity. Are you financially mature?

About the Nigerian wife, I was hoping a spiritual maturity(as per being in Ramadan) would have purged you of racism/tribalism.
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by tpia5: 9:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Nigerian what?

Even the men scarcity is still not sufficient reason to venture into some areas, if you ask me.

Maybe some other parts of the country will be ok with that idea perhaps.

After all una pikin go be mixed.
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by somalia11: 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
deols:

That you troll speaks for you already. You dont need to convince me wink

How about financial maturity. Are you financially mature?

About the Nigerian wife, I was hoping a spiritual maturity(as per being in Ramadan) would have purged you of racism/tribalism.

Fiancially am doing ok. Are u ready to marry me? Are u Muslim?
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by Paschal007: 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
tpia@:
Nigerian what?

Even the men scarcity is still not sufficient reason to venture into some areas, if you ask me.

Maybe some other parts of the country will be ok with that idea perhaps.

After all una pikin go be mixed.
Plz come take this one to your al-Shabaab brothers as wife.
Re: How Old Were You When You Got Married? by somalia11: 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
Paschal007:
Plz come take this one to your al-Shabaab brothers as wife.

why do nigerians disrespect their women?

(1) (Reply)

My One Kobo Advice To My Dear Muslims Brothers And Sisters / 8 Interesting Facts About Ramadan / VIDEO: All The gods Are Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.