Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World (11149 Views)

Sultan Announces MOON Sighting For Ramadan / 6 Killed In Stampede For Ramadan Largesse In Gusau / American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by ibrokola(m): 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
A-town:

Thank you for providing an answer. My only worry is that since everyone is equal, shouldn't it be somehow made equal for everybody. Why should some fast for 17-19 while some fast for 12-14 hrs due to geographical locations? I am not trying to create any arguement, i'm just trying to understand it because i'm certain that back in ancient times, geographical location was not put into consideration. What do you think?

Irrespective of what you think, you should also realize that geograhical areas that have really long days and very short nights tend to be very cold thus making the Fasting a little easier for them
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by ibrokola(m): 7:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
Horlawoomey: .

YOUR BRAIN IS PROBABLY UNDER YOUR FEET.

For the love of God, a religion with so many innovations such that women have become bishops and gay bishops raping young boys wants to compare itself with Blessed Islam! I sorry for you because even christ will be so ashamed of the mockery you have successfully changed his message into.
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by Anvaller: 8:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
Mavrick2012: tank goodnes 4 science,religion is so naiv abt earth n cosmology.instead of being "flexible"(as stated above) d "omniscience God" should have known that there are places(durin certain seasons of d yr)dat wil xperienc 24hs sunshine/darkness n tel its folowers ahead of time.dis reminds one of d quranic verse dat tels muslims 2 pray durin comon-eclips of d moon,som fanatics even interprets it as d result of d sin of "infidels".d govt had 2 deploy soldiers on d streets durin d last lunar eclips in kaduna.religion,especially xtianity n islam,is such a huge contraptn.

Islam itself as a religion is not a contraption the problem is with humans and their complications and not God. I read the original article on this thread and I just shake my head with different objections but I just let it fly. I saw where the writer is advocating for asking scholars about what to do, simple stuff u can manage with ur common sense and ur conscience unless u are a new convert, then I can understand that but when muslims go to a scholar he complicates things for u and contradicts the verdicts of one other scholar which further complicates stuffs and raise arguments. This in turn establishes diverse interest as per which scholar is right or wrong. That is the origin of complications that establishes the seeming contraption.

The writer said u can calculate the time to break when u are in an aeroplane and flying towards the sun, that makes logical sense but its already contradicting the general islamic belief that muslims are exonerated from fasting when they are on a journey and can fast at their convenience when the journey is over.

I live in a country where i have to fast for 19 hours, that is too much for me, so what I do is fast in the weekends, friday through monday, 4days per week, that is sincerely my limit with the mentally demanding job that I have. So reading thru the article and seeing some scholars saying its a must does not bother me, cos I don't worship them. So for me Islam is not a contraption.
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by raeez(m): 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
Jarus:

Tell me who's more likely to be right:

Humans that just sit down and fix a specific date (e.g December 25), when you and I know time changes (6:15 pm today, you may have sun still full, same 6:15 pm next month, it's dawn already)

or

Humans that follow the dictate of sun and moon (which are natural)?

Which one is more subject to human volition/desire?
and its quiet interesting experiencing fasting in the summer, winter, spring, and any kind of season u have
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by PStacks(m): 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
Even intra-religion there is so much confusion not to talk of inter-religion.. Amongst the muslims Shite and sunni's never get along..

The other day on nairaland, they brought up Jesus and Mary issues just to piss of catholics..

Muslims have problem with themselves within islam, xtains have problems with themselves within xtainity, the the mother of all is xtain clashing with muslim..

Religion is a scourge.. Gush..
Bunch'a religious people not one Godly person amongst them...
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by Otseh: 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
philip0906:
hehe another fail!poor comprehension. . .was making reference to this-"Humans that just sit down and fix a specific date (e.g December 25), when you and I know time changes (6:15 pm today, you may have sun still full, same 6:15 pm next month, it's dawn already)

or

Humans that follow the dictate of sun and moon (which are natural)?
"
sounds like a comment coming from a high school kid.Very immature
you critised jarus comments. why not make your own matured comments for us to read.
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by Msgamble: 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ahmedie25: u are surely living in darkness, may Allah guide u 2 islam or else , u wil join ur grandpa in hell
I laff in polish szwyededej..! So he hack head off lyk ur bro(mike adebolajo n co) does or sucide bomber with al qaeda,boko haram..i laff 4 u in ashanti oohuuhaah..U this enemy of peace
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2013
All dis allah's slaves sef. grin
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by saolab: 11:03am On Jul 16, 2013
Ramadan Kareem to all Muslims
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by usmandj: 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
Jarus:

No sir. No importation of rule. It's allowed in Islam.
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by udohhoney: 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
Then, when the sacred
months have passed, slay
the idolaters wherever ye
find them, and take them
(captive), and besiege
them, and prepare for
them each ambush. But if
they repent and establish
worship and pay the
poor-due, then leave
their way free. Lo! Allah is
Forgiving, Merciful.
([Quran 9:5 ])
na this one be religion? This is what bh too is practising. So if someone said that after fasting bombing rresume dont try to defend it because it is the truth
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by lineal: 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
Exponental: Hw much is flight to argentina?

grin grin grin

My fasting lasts 24 hours, since I don't eat breakfast. Waiting until almost 9pm to eat can be a real bore challenge.
Re: Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World by whitedove(m): 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
amobii: the reason why it cannot be observe equally is just geographcall reason, & the rule for Ramadan is sunrise to sunset , so therefore with different time its cannot be equal . Also in few years to come some countries will have their change for example in UK is between 3:10am till 9:12pm, but in few years to come, it might be same as Nigeria, perhaps in winter would be the best, shorter day and longer night.
does it mean that allah does not know geography or he is just being wicked to some people?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can the Imam Stand Higher Than Those Behind Him for Prayer? / Call Sheik Dahiru Bauchi To Order / Ramadan Kareem: Fast Commences In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.