Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... (1856 Views)

My Boss Is Asking Me Out On A Date / Please Help! My Boss Is Scared I Will Replace Her / My Boss Is Pushing Me To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by Richie01: 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
After my NYSC since 2011 and Pgd in international relations a year later. I tried to get a job, but all my efforts to get a defined job (a well paying job) were to no avail. Perhaps cos of my discipline (Geography & Planning) I just can't say.

Fast forward, the quest to get busy led to me into accepting a 15k NGO job as an office manager. Since the place is closer to where I stay.

My boss used to be very understanding until a lady decided to join the organisation, she's well connected though.

Things took another turn on thursday afternoon when the lady declined to stay with him in his office and came to my desk asking for my assistance to help format her phone's memory card.
We got gisting and laughing in the process. Haven attended to her, she went back to him in his office and I noticed that my boss' mood changed.

It all dawned on me on last week friday when my boss asked me to go wash his car, and started scolding and shouting at me, complaining that, I don't always wash his car, I don't sweep and clean his office, I feel too big and that's gonna be a problem, plus a host of other trivial sh*ts, all mostly in the presence of the girl.

The girl isn't even a graduate yet, and she's way younger than I am, but when she decides to go out and buy anything, my boss will ask her to call on me and send me to go get whatever she wants for her. He will do whatever he can just to exercise authority over me in the presence of the girl.

This girl has finally come to stay and work in this place and with everyday that passes by, my boss will look for opportunities to snap at me. I don't know how long this will continue, I don't know how much strength I have left in me to soak this pressure.

Pls advice, what should I do?
Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by overdrive(m): 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
Simple as ABC u need d job and d job doesn't need u.stomach d insults for now ,tough times don't last but tough ppl do.

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by ogoplus: 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
1. Don't express your feelings about this recent develpments to the girl in question.

2. Maintain a strictly official relationship with the girl.

3. I see you getting another job very soon, dust your CV and re-start another phase of job hunting or consider starting a business.

Good Luck !

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by cannonnier(m): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
if u still need d job continue to excercise patience (it's a vartue.) nobody knws 2mao.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by sunnydayasaba(m): 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
My man, am happy ur a man, I suggest to call ur boss and talk wit him, for the fact that he pays u don't mean he should take the man in u...the signs are there, u can as well resign the job after talking with him...Dnt wait for him to set u up because of a girl, such men can really be dangerous pls...Talk wit him and be ready to resign, God will provide another great job for u...Dnt wait until he destroys u.

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by Richie01: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
Thanks so much guys... I really appreciate ur comments.

I've been searching for others too... But non of the moves have materialised yet.
Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
Wait till the end of this month, collect ur salary and tender ur resignation letter.

However, keep a contingency plan by applying for better ones.

Goodluck.
Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by bigsten(m): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
fire your Boss! How? Firstly, you are already connected. Exploit the connections. How on the earth unlearned, novice, the average man is sucking dollars on internet and you a graduate is wasting with 6-6 job couple with insult and suspense. Yeah, all the advices are good but my is the best. Or, it could be you never believe people are making millions on internet just by CLICK at the comfort of their home. You have what it takes, computer and internet connection +mentor. So, consider my advice or remain in the bondange of six to six job.
Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by NEROSKY(m): 11:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hey bro, don't mind bigsten his a deceiver... Anyway to your predicament, i think 15 thousand is too small for you & the insults, gosh! With your polished English i think you will get a good & better job, just put God first & see yourself excel
And based on how he makes you look infront of the girl,just play low key by the time you get a good job just let him know and quit... Is just a matter of time...

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by gunpoint(m): 6:26am On Jul 15, 2013
@op
Readin ur post I culdnt help ragin!
R u mad? Washn car wit ur bsc?
For 15k? Were I wrk, kids witout o'levels mak dat much a wk washn cars on d island!
Nw to serious issues, hw old r u and wats ur class of degree?
State both here and if its somtin I can wrk wit I wil contact u.
State ur email whil u r at it.
Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by gunpoint(m): 6:27am On Jul 15, 2013
By d way, QUIT! angry
Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 15, 2013
Hi Richie01,

Sorry to hear about this situation! Sadly, the present situation of the job market has led many to take positions that they normally wouldn't consider.

Firstly, I am proud that you were wise enough to take up any employment, just so that you're not sitting at home, doing nothing. You sound to me like a wise young man.

Now, to the point -

Your boss is an insecure person, and he sees you as his competition. There's nothing wrong with his trying to impress the lady (which he is clearly trying to do), but trying to bring you down in the process is very wrong. His actions are quite disgraceful, and show him up to be a very small man. Sadly, there are many 'small' men and women in the corporate world.

Please consider the following:

How much do you need the 15k salary? If the answer is 'not much', i.e., you could do without it, then I would recommend quitting right away. If you don't have a contract signed for this employment that specifies how much notice you must give, then you can quit at very short notice - giving your boss no room to be a nuisance. And make it clear to all that you quit because a better opportunity came along

If you DO need the 15k salary, then you're left with little choice but to stay, while aggressively looking for other jobs, in which case you must maintain a completely professional demeanour. Right now, you are managing your boss (though he doesn't realise it). Remain well dressed, well composed, maintain a polite, professional relationship with everyone, and don't discuss this issue with the 'female', as you don't know where such discussions may be repeated.

In addition, start to polish up your career by reading books, articles, blogs relating to your line of work, or the business world in general. This should boost your morale, and prepare you for your next role. Also polish up your CV, and be prepared to leap at the earliest opportunity.

From your write up, you sound articulate and sensible. I am sure there are a number of employers that would appreciate your efforts better than the current boss you have, and who would be willing to pay more than 15k.

You could send me a private email with an idea of your qualifications, experience etc. I may not have a specific role in mind, but could put you in touch with people who may know of opportunities.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by DisGuy: 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
please Quit!!! he'll soon start owing you as a form of punishment on top 15k oo

Time spent propping up some little man can be used learning a language/skills, searching for another job etc

BTW do you really do any other work there apart from help 'arrange the office' and buy cards etc?

All these empty NGO with greasy managers
Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by bigsten(m): 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2013
don't mind bigsten! Somebody said! Yeah you may not mind me as a matter of choice. Indeed God first. If any one put God aside, the person will be outside and manner of all rain and sun beat on you. But listen up as somebody said ' he will soon start owning you'. It's only gruduates with coward and fears traits settle for peanut sallary that can not put food on the table nowadys. You are on internet and crying under treatment of a boss. Man wake. Personally i had fired my own boss who said after leaving him, i would hadly see twenty naira. Man is not God. Prepare and leave that place but if don't, in the nearest future you might beg to feed. God forbid you may say! But God can only help you by seeing you taking action. Serch the web, even non graduates are making money at will.
Re: My Boss Is Frustrating Me, What Should I Do? Pls I Need Advices... by gunpoint(m): 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
bigsten: don't mind bigsten! Somebody said! Yeah you may not mind me as a matter of choice. Indeed God first. If any one put God aside, the person will be outside and manner of all rain and sun beat on you. But listen up as somebody said ' he will soon start owning you'. It's only gruduates with coward and fears traits settle for peanut sallary that can not put food on the table nowadys. You are on internet and crying under treatment of a boss. Man wake. Personally i had fired my own boss who said after leaving him, i would hadly see twenty naira. Man is not God. Prepare and leave that place but if don't, in the nearest future you might beg to feed. God forbid you may say! But God can only help you by seeing you taking action. Serch the web, even non graduates are making money at will.
Hommie, enlighten us all.

(1) (Reply)

Grades And Pays For UBA Bank Staff / NTA TV College Admission Enquiry / Earn Unlimited N5,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.