Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

B.M. Dzukogi, Prof. Remi Raji, Richard Ali And ANA Nig. Plc - Names Behind NGSG’ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / B.M. Dzukogi, Prof. Remi Raji, Richard Ali And ANA Nig. Plc - Names Behind NGSG’ (2169 Views)

Poetic Rendition Of Ekiti Monkeys & Others At ANA Lagos Meeting! / “the Dying Art Of The Stage Craft ” : Chief Lari Williams, Olu Okekanye And Others Slug The Theme Out At Ana’s Meeting! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

B.M. Dzukogi, Prof. Remi Raji, Richard Ali And ANA Nig. Plc - Names Behind NGSG’ by taju4ac(m): 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
B.M. Dzukogi, Prof. Remi Raji, Richard Ali and ANA Nig. Plc - Names Behind NGSG’s Missing 10 Million Naira!

By Amusa Tajudeen Lasisi

‘One does evil enough when one does nothing good’ - German Proverb

1. Synopsis:

On 11th December, 2012 at Legbo Kutigi Int’l Conference Centre, Minna; Prof. Wole Soyinka graced an invitation by Niger State’s Government (NGSG) wherein he delivered a lecture on literature and national unity; Executives of Association of Nigerian Authors’ – ANA – prior to the Laureate’s visit approached the Government of Niger State through its Governor; Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu (CON) Talban Minna with a financial request of huge sum of 10 Million Naira which they told the Donor-Governor - Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu (CON) Talban Minna – will be used to float a national literary series – Nigerian Writers’ Series (NWS).

On occasion of Prof. Wole Soyinka’s visit at Legbo Kutigi Int’l Conference Centre, Minna on this very day – 11th December, 2012 – the Governor in spirit of open-handedness and kindness granted this onerous request and handed over a whooping cheque with face value of 10 Million Naira in favour of Association of Nigerian Authors’ – ANA – to the Association’s President - Prof. Remi Raji.

A clear testament to this fact is a publication of Sunday Trust Newspapers; 16th December, 2012 wherein a snapshot showed the Donor-Governor – Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu (CON) Talban Minna – hand a cheque of huge sum of 10 Million Naira to Prof. Remi Raji and other several publication circulated at the Int’l Conference Centre where this event held; specifically the programme of event gazette – Page 11, Item 13.

It’s been over 7 calendar months now that this said money – 10 Million Naira – was received by this association through its president – Prof. Remi Raji; this association had neither showed us a single publication from this said series – Nigerian Writers’ Series (NWS), the present condition of this said money – Missing 10 Million Naira - or neither has it told us under any available circumstance whatsoever progress this money had recorded in its hands for this 7 calendar months period presently under review.

The author considering the present countless body language(s) of the executives of the authors’ association – ANA – therefore considers this money presently missing, siphoned or better still embezzled and seeks to examine critically roles played by its incumbent operating executives in persons of its President – Prof. Remi Raji, General Secretary – B.M. Dzukogi and Publicity Secretary – Richard Ali as well as the generality of the association itself – ANA Nig. Plc – in taking this said money – Missing 10 Million Naira – to a state of absolute oblivion!

‘The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.’
- Thomas Babington Macaulay

2. Tales of Sycophants’ Misdemeanours:

Former Minister of FCT – Mallam Nasir El-Rufai in a recent article titled: Fiscal Responsibility Commission – The Sleeping Watchdog; hitherto accused Nigeria’s Political Class for notoriety in diverting funds budgeted for capital and recurrent states’ projects; what Nasir El-Rufai failed to grasp is this - that it’s not only the political class that are notorious for this act, commercially incorporated group of individuals parading themselves as authors’ and never writers allegedly also could be said of being fully and likewise culpable of this same act too; this fact we shall soon establish as we continue this thrilling exposition.

(a) Prof. Remi Raji – Matters Arising Therefrom!

Prof. Remi Raji for the know is a man I didn’t just admire but also respect, this feat faded when I under the sun, moon and stars saw him romance failed politicians in dubious guise of developing Nigerian Literature and floating a seemingly plagiarized national writing series – Nigerian Writers’ Series (NWS) – and take crisp naira notes from them knowing fully well that by so doing; the societal mouthpiece tasked with responsibility of calling an(y) erring government (public institution) to order had shamelessly sold its priceless dignity for a depreciative entity – Money! – Just in the same way the association under his watch became lame and leprous during Nigeria’s 2012 oil subsidy protest.

On 11th March, 2013; I through the office of Chairperson, Association of Nigerian Authors’ – ANA – Niger State Chapter forwarded a request and subsequent reminder respectively to Prof. Remi Raji – ANA President - requesting information on status of this said money – Missing 10 Million Naira – citing certain provisions of Freedom of Information Act (FoI); up until the time of compiling this piece, Prof. Remi Raji in arrant display of impunity and showmanship deliberately refused to respond to my request and reminder. This scenario brings to fore how easily compromisable people are when power and money become juxtaposed especially when free and hard earned taxpayers’ money - Missing 10 Million Naira - is in the air freely for grab; silence psychoanalysts confirmed is always the first sign of guilt!

(b) B.M. Dzukogi – Issues Thereto!

‘Whenever a man has cast a longing eye on offices, a rottenness begins in his conduct.’- Thomas Jefferson

B.M. Dzukogi considering the Intel I had on him appeared to be the man behind the scene doing all the available dirty jobs for this authors’ gathering – ANA – and for the records is presently in a shameless bid to succeed Prof. Remi Raji as president of this gathering – Association of Nigerian Authors’- ANA.

When my piece made its first appearance on Sunday Trust Newspaper, 16 December, 2012; themed on this same issue; B.M. Dzukogi in desperate bid to exonerate his culpability in the issue points an accusing finger to my long time brother and friend Gimba Kakanda of instigating this accusations and disposed it as being politically motivated to serve some aggrieved interests; (Please Mr. B.M. Dzukogi) to set the records straight - I once more reiterates the fact that Gimba Kakanda or whomsoever imaginary third party that may be suspected is completely and absolutely free from whatsoever instigations and has nothing to do with the past, present and possibly future work(s) of author of this piece as it presently borders on this money - Missing 10 Million Naira.

B.M. Dzukogi a couple of months ago through a proxy informed me that the association – ANA – did not reply my earlier requests and subsequent remainder on status of this money – Missing 10 Million Naira – because it – ANA – is not a government agency and such bears no bound with Freedom of Information (FoI) Act.

Mr. B.M. Dzukogi, truly, Association of Nigerian Authors – ANA – is not a government agency as you claimed but I would want you to as soon as possible clarify the following facts for me.

- Why the Association – ANA – organize, officiate and co-ordinate official events for government and government functionaries – considering the fact that the last time I cross-checked it was not incorporated either as party planning or event managing association at Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) – taking clue from its present active participation at serial December events holding at Legbo Kutigi Int’l Conference Centre annually!

- Why the association’s secretariat/office would be accommodated/housed in a government owned property/facility taking clue also that Office of Niger State Chapter of the Association – ANA – presently is been housed in down-floor of Niger State Library Board’s Office Complex!

- Why of all funding sources/alternatives available; its only fund(s) from government source(s) (Niger State’s Government [NGSG} – in this case) that this association – ANA - deem suitable to float a seemingly dubious and plagiarized national writing scheme – Nigeria Writers’ Series (NWS)!

- Why a library is dubbed agency and its operating head addressed Destructor-General (DG) rather than a librarian!

B.M. Dzukogi we were told recently, rallied round the streets of Minna soliciting manuscripts from whichever scribbler available, this shameful, disgraceful and hopeless act prompts one to ask – if printing unpublishable and badly written manuscripts constitute an idea of floating a national writers’ series?

“When virtue is lost, benevolence appears, when benevolence is lost, right conduct appears, when right conduct is lost, expedience appears; expediency is the mere shadow of right and truth; it is the beginning of disorder.”
Lao Tzu

(c) Richard Ali – Gauging Lunacy of Sycophancy!

Richard Ali – ANA’s incumbent Publicity Secretary - from knowledge of my brief interaction with him appeared to be law graduate of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria; the legal profession I’m often being told is one that strives to achieve justice and fairness for all, why a young law graduate in Nigeria of today will rather opt to run dubious errands for some self-serving individuals rather than tow paths of Legal Luminaries likes of which includes but not limited to Falana and Fawehinmi (SANs) really jolts ones consciousness to impact of dire poverty on aspirations of present crop of graduates in the country.

Richard a couple of months ago via social network – Facebook while forwarding copy of the association’s rag-constitution sent this message to me:

“Dear Tajudeen Amusa Lasisi/”Ana Nigeria Plc”,

Thank you for your recent Facebook friend request to join your page [https://www.facebook.com/ananigeria.plc?fref=ts]. I have gone over the posts on your timeline and wish to thank you for bringing your posts to my notice.

I have read your posts and every single one of them is libellous, slanderous and in extremely bad taste. I also consider the posts injurious to the brand of the Association of Nigerian Authors which I am constitutionally sworn to protect in my capacity as a Publicity Secretary. I am open to criticism as are members of the EXCO of the Association of Nigerian Authors but personal attacks such as the ones in your essays go beyond what is acceptable as constructive criticism. These enter the legal ambits of Libel and Slander and I would advice that you seek the definition of these terms from your legal adviser, lawyer or solicitor.

Further, and in compliance with Item 5 of the Facebook “Statement of Rights and Responsibilities”
[HERE https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms ] and the spirit of the Facebook Community Standards [HERE https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards], I am asking you to PROMPTLY delete the Facebook account “Ana Nigeria Plc” and seek other means for participating in the activities of the Association..

I have also attached a copy of the 2012 Constitution of the Association of Nigerian Authors to this email and I hope you will read it and understand the Association the better to criticize it.

I am sending this email as a personal warning and advice. I have, however, copied this email to relevant officials of the Association for record purposes.

I look forward to seeing your compliance.”

While Richard Ali in his message threatened and is presently on course to have Facebook’s owner – Mark Zuckerberg – sued to a(ny) US Federal High Court and have him sentenced for life, it became obvious too that Richard Ali’s message had had the ‘dismal impact’ also of impeding my nose from breath, mouth from food and feet from trampling the face of mother earth; I therefore on this note apologize and hitherto adhere to his earlier counsel thence present my ‘critique’ in extreme sweet taste by openly challenging that he utilizes his capacity as the publicity-secretary of the association – ANA – furnish me with statement(s) of account of the association – ANA – or a(ny) third party account as the case may be; that this said (NOW) Missing 10 Million Naira was deposited and domiciled for the 7-months presently under review being 11th December, 2012 – 11th July, 2013; and not a rag-constitution that was plagiarized, copied and pasted from an unsuspecting source just in the same way and manner Prof. Chinua Achebe’s (Blessed Memory) African Writers Series (AWS) model was plagiarized and sold out for a huge sum of 10 Million Naira no one can now find!

(d) ANA Nig. Plc – A Pen’s Irreparable Pain!

‘Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.’- Alexander the Great

Association of Nigerian Authors’- ANA Nig. Plc – in my opinion became fully wrecked when well meaning membership within the association folded their hands and watched things retrogress nay spiralled out of control particularly after series of calls and summons to common sense failed; the association from close view conducted itself the way animals in a typical animal kingdom/farm did, the association opt to upholding toxic standards vis-à-vis noxious ego contests, high-scale gossips, unnecessary showmanship, poisonous intimidations, repugnant arrogance, disgusting ignorance, vain ostentation, ad infinitum, rather than pursue goals and objectives of its founding father - Prof. Chinua Achebe (Blessed Memory); one fact the association – ANA – ought to consider amidst its seemingly incurable madness is that the northern axis of Nigeria which mostly comprise its coverage space is severely plagued with literary-illiteracy in addition to damning Wassce/Neco/Jamb failure rates recorded year-in, year-out by the various measuring examination councils; how they intend to lift this literary-disadvantaged class of people out of this plague ought to be the cusp of its agenda and not taking hard earned taxpayers’ money – Missing 10 Million Naira – to thin air. While I’ve tried all I could to resist temptation of mentioning more names; it did became obvious that I have no option but to drag one of ANA’s dignified own in personality of - Sir Abubakar Gimba – into this!

11th July, 2013.
Dear - Daddy Abubakar Gimba,

Sorry Daddy, I had no intention whatsoever to disrespect, disregard, disturb, and interrupting your siesta especially after a hard day’s work at the office considering your endless emphasis and caution against doing such; for by so doing would present me as no other than a prodigal who after speaking abomination to his parents prides himself for uncommon courage; Daddy, if you would remember very well at Legbo Kutigi Int’l Conference Centre, Minna on 11th December, 2012 when your friend in letters – Prof. Wole Soyinka – visited; Prof. Remi Raji that very day collected a cheque with inscription of 10 Million Naira from your brother Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu (CON) Talban Minna (Sunday Trust Newspaper, 16th December, 2012) which he alongside Association of Nigerian Authors’ (ANA) said would be used to initiate and float the Nigerian Writers’ Series (NWS) Project just like Prof. Chinua Achebe’s (Blessed Memory) Model - African Writers’ Series (AWS) – Daddy, it’s over 7 calendar months and nothing whatsoever had yet been done and this money unaccounted for or literarily is now ‘missing-in-action’ as the case may be. Daddy, reading try-outs and rehearsals with one book titled ‘Once Upon A Reed’ clearly showed what accountability meant to your person and how far it had - to our collective pride - made you who you are today – Shakespeare of Northern Nigeria – Daddy, I therefore respectfully and dutifully implore you to consider looking into this issue as your standing as a renown (macro) economist presents you as one who would strive to whatsoever extent to get value for money however how it is especially when public interest is involved.

It is on this note Daddy that I end my letter in anticipation that you’ll look into the issue and intervene favourably to the collective interest of the public which you represent.

Sorry Daddy for whatsoever mistakes encountered on course of reading this letter, I’m yet to round up my bachelors programme in linguistics and also perfect my syntax utility.

Thanking you in earnest and best of Ramadan Wishes Daddy.

From your humble Grand (Sorry Daddy - Great Grand) Son. – Amusa Tajudeen Lasisi

‘Conviction is worthless unless it is converted into conduct.’- Thomas Carlyle

3. Recommendations:

While awaiting court summon(s) in lieu of tort, character/personality slander/defamation (claims) by (any/all of) the parties named in this piece; I do in my opinion recommend the followings: -

(a) That Association of Nigerian Author’s (ANA) President – Prof. Remi Raji – come out clean by either replying and responding to my earlier request of 11th March, 20 13 forwarded to him through office of chairperson, Association of Nigerian Authors’ – ANA – Niger-State Chapter or issue a press statement about his present knowledge of the money in question – Missing 10 Million Naira – for this 7 calendar months period presently under review.

(b) That B.M. Dzukogi – General Secretary of the association – ANA without any further delay relinquish/resign his membership with Association of Nigerian Authors’ – ANA – tender an apology to the entire membership of this association for his role in diluting/eroding/weathering the integrity while he served as treasurer (auditor) and presently general secretary of the association – ANA – distance himself from the vague ambition of emerging president of the association – ANA – come clean about his role on this money saga – Missing 10 Million Naira – rescind his shameful moves of printing badly written manuscripts and substituting same for publication of a seemingly dubious and plagiarized literary series – Nigerian Writers’ Series (NWS) –.

‘Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those who we cannot resemble.’- Samuel Johnson

(c) That Richard Ali – Publicity Secretary of Association of Nigerian Authors’ – ANA – apologise openly in not less than 4 national tabloids for objecting my right to access a social network - Facebook and question the content of my timelines – present an original and authentic statement(s) of account of the respective or third party account(s) that this said money – Missing 10 Million Naira – was deposited and domiciled for this 7 calendar months period presently under review.

(d) That I with all due respect request Sir (Daddy) Abubakar Gimba, a dignified patron of this association – ANA – to consider the - Missing 10 Million Naira – issue in contention; adopt a fatherly approach in resolving the issue amicably thence ensure the establishment of this national literary series – (NWS) – and see it emerge a firm and workable reality.

(e) That the Government and People of Niger State through its Governor – Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu (CON) Talban Minna (all due respect) alongside Sir (Daddy) Abubakar Gimba, kingly, consider the issue – Missing 10 Million Naira – through delegation of relevant committees/agency to investigate the issue and resolve amicably and if otherwise bring offender(s) found guilty/culpable to book/justice as the case may be.

Earshot: I with due respect for readership bring to note that the persons mentioned in this piece are at whatsoever time possible; free to draw my attention to whatsoever slander/insult/libel that is detected to ensure commensurate apology(ies) and compensation where deemed necessary.

Amusa Tajudeen Lasisi is of Federal University of Technology, Minna and can be reached via Tajudeen4ac@yahoo.com

Re: B.M. Dzukogi, Prof. Remi Raji, Richard Ali And ANA Nig. Plc - Names Behind NGSG’ by gunuvi(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
My brother, I feel highly disappointed by your pettiness. At a time trillions are being embezzled daily in Nigeria and Rivers state assembly are having a dance of shame not to talk about al mustapha getting his freedom you are here showing your vengeance on just mere 10m that you didn't have a share of. SHM
You better talk about pressing issues and forget your poverty striking association that toils about on pettiness

(1) (Reply)

Ewí Ìfé / The Febims Chronicles : 18+ / Must Read: Adventure With Aunty Caro (18+)part 34

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.