Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight (28049 Views)

GLO FREEDOM PACK (cheapest Call Rate To All Networks As Low As 12k Per Second) / Glo Launches 'Glo Gista' 15 Kobo Per Second New Tariff / GLO Launches 'GBAM Hi Five' 5 Kobo Per Second New Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by ngooka: 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
Why will NCC encourage mtn to increase there tariff? Its really getting out of hand in this country. GOD help the poor
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by gaburiel(m): 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2013
mekaboy:

NCC MUST HAVE BEEN BRIBED BY GLO TO ATTACK THE FOREIGN FIRM. NOBODY PROTECTS THE INTEREST OF THE MASSES IN THIS COUNTRY. JUST A BUNCH OF GREEDY POLITICIANS LOOKING AFTER THEIR OWN POCKET.

JUST LIKE DANGOTE USED OBASANJO TO STOP IBETO CEMENT , I AM SURE GLO IS USING NCC AS WELL.

What if it was MTN that bribed NCC because they felt they were losing and they don't want to stop the tariff plans suddenly like they stopped MTN magic number for the fear of losing customers, thereby shifting the blame to NCC or glo instead of on themselves.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Optimisticgondy(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
I learn 1st 1 Minute call on SuperSaver Plus is charged at 42 kobo per second. True?
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by YNWA(m): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2013
israel boy: What can i say?
Talking about mtn zone, before calling, you will see 8k or 4k per seconds, while making call..... Brother u will be suprised by what you will see, either 40k/s or 48k/s ..hmmmm, wetin increase ham? sad

talking about pulse, brotherly speaking, i like the 10mb, but its just too small, and you can only call people making use of same plan for 8k/s, brother to tell you the truth, i always beg my friends to migrate to pusle, so we can talk smoothly... But they don't know the reason behind it wink

mtn smooth talk...... I can only call just one person with the bonus sad what if the person's number ain't going within the 7days, money don burn sad

kasaa, mtn na baba

It is obvious u know almost nothing abt MTN tarriffs (except d name). On Zone, u are charged by d tarrif wich shows after u dial a nos, not d one wich shows wen fone is idle...dat one showing wen idle simply tells dah u 'could' make as low as dat.

On MTN pulse u talked, wher d heck ahv u been, it is called iPulse now (then), and u dnt need friends to be on iPulse to make d cheap calls.

On smoothtalk...wat evr happened to 180, why didn't u call to make a complain? Dts if yur claim is real. I see hw much #nairaland helps u use d airtime immediately.

One word!! CLUELEss
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Sike(m): 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thank God I got many options.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by ewet: 11:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
Do endeavor to suggest the MTN WOW Offer; offering customers 100% bonus upon recharge within the hours of 12.30am and 11.59pmdaily.
MTN Wow All day is therefore best way to recharge using the special recharge code *885*12 digit PIN#.

Tht WOW offer is a big fraud as you get little value with the so called bonus thy giv you.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Damon03(m): 9:13am On Jul 15, 2013
Its suprising the way some nigerians think, first of all, there's a reason almost everyone has an mtn line and inspite of number portability there hasn't been any mass porting away from mtn. That's because as bad as we paint them they ar still the best we've got.
Now imagine NCC trying to screw that up

Someone said mtn deducted people's money in the name of stopping free browsing, imagine o... U've been browsing and downloading freely for almost a year without being charged a kobo, some people used up to 1terabyte, I used it for just six week and I used more than 100gb, the day it stopped my N200 got wipped but who am I to complain even if its 1k...

Some people use smartphones, load credit without switching off data and then come online to complain that their credit got wipped. Height of stupidity.

Foreign company or no foreign company mtn is the best right now. I hope I can replace that statement wit Glo one day

3 Likes

Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Kezsman(m): 9:50am On Jul 15, 2013
4llerbuntu: As much as I sympathize with your points of view, I think you should really consider what anti-competition is.

You think you are getting a good deal but it's very shortsighted. By making it impossible for others to compete, you are being locked in, the industry is not growing, and you are ultimately worse off.

example you have to endure mtn excesses, those times they deduct your credit with out refund, the terrible network issues etc. All because they sucked u in with 10kobo carrot.

Ultimately you lose. Esp because with a guaranteed majority of suckers the motivation to improve services is low, profits are high.

Its not just a case of ncc not wanting you to have low tariffs. There are conditions before a telco should do stuff like this. I can guarantee mtn does not meet those conditions.

FUnny tho nobody complained wen all telcos were banned from promo but now this. Mtn staff on nl sha.... enough washing.

fix ur issues. Just a few days ago they were deducting thousands of naira from accts in d name of stopping free browsing. Unaccounted for money. Till date u still cannot opt out of any plan or.platform on mtn. U cannot even.cancel your BIS whilst other networks allow u to do that. Yet we suckers flock.to mtn because of underhand freebies.

n is pretty much like d devil. U.dine.with a long spoon. And u cannot.get anything.from them. Every benefit has large hooks to kill u.
Oh please
Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊​ A̶̲̥̅®ε̲̣̣̣̥ trying to tell us that charging at low rate ɪ̣̝̇Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ †ђξ problem? That charging at high rate will improve †ђξ system and increase efficiency? that's jst an imagination this ɪ̣̝̇Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ Nigeria
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by herrlekan(m): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2013
Let's wait and see what comes out of it.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Philipsdael(m): 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
[b] NCC should be scrabbed with immediate effect [b/] ....
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by gmy2k: 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
Supersaver Plus @10k is d best thing I've enjoyed on MTN network. NCC r bunch of fools
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by penzino(m): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
No wonder, my supersaver just dey chop my money anyhow! God punish NCC and MTN.... Mtcheew
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by just4just: 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
They shld compels other network to go low to even 6k/s annd data shld go down low
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by daresimon(m): 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hope ncc mde that announcement with the end users in mind cos Mtn no dey carry last for that kain thin o.
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
They re nw chargin 15k oooo. This is bad....i want to believe Mtn is behind this....hw on earth will ncc sanction them on ds. But if it's nt NCC why have they not debunked the claim.
May becos mtn has not made an official statement to d public.
Let's wait and c
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by Deblow: 2:54am On Jul 16, 2013
Mtn is a complete fraud! Their sins are enormous. The dubious weekend WOW double offer is a complete rip off becos if u try it u will discover that the airtime will burn as fast as an ignited piece of paper will disappear! Even a regular plan is far better. The other day I tried to send a 2-page sms, despite having sufficient balance in my account it returned a "msg not sent" twice and yet it deducted my money (for a service not rendered!). We shouldn't cry over split milk becos even the 10k/sec to all netwk claim was a fantasy afterall. If u place a call to a number other than mtn using the mtn supersaver+ u will discover an amount far more than 10k/sec is charged. Cry not for mtn because they will never give u anything free. The so called freebies are nothing but deceit but all said and done mtn is far better than Glo which is full indigenous.

1 Like

Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by wolfenstein(m): 8:34am On Jul 16, 2013
come where is dis country headin 2,tot we shud b trying to make tins easy for ourselves but seems some pips hate seeing tins that way cry Nigeria needs to change and stop deceiving themselves. see the useless reason NCC r givin. NONSENSE
Re: NCC Directs MTN To Scrap 10 Kobo Per Second Plans Effective Midnight by jpphilips(m): 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
at what point do Nigerians demonstrate or fight for a cause.

NCC chairman is a civil servant, he asks a private company to charge you (tax payer) higher and you fold your arms talkin shyte on nairaland?

Stand up and demand for his resignation letter.

NCC boss must go.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Budget Phones: What Phone Has Excellent Qualities At A Reasonable Price? / How Samsung Is Taking Over The Nigerian Mid-range Smartphone Market / Samsung Develops Algorithm That Creates Fake Videos With One Image (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.