Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Discussions With Religious Hypocrites - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussions With Religious Hypocrites (2232 Views)

Pictures Of 64 Contries With Religious Symbols On Their Flags / Are We A Bunch Of Religious Hypocrites? / One Of My Major Problems With Religious Morality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
Here are some of my experiences/discussions with certain people these past weeks

Christian guy; Thank God that the Senate passed the anti-Gay bill. Homosexualism should be banned

Me; Wait, were you not the one that said that you didnt mind having a three-some with Rihanna and Nicki Minaj if you had the money?

Christian guy; And so?

Me; You wouldnt mind them kissing themselves during the three-some?

Christian guy; Why would I mind? Abeg, those two girls are hot.

Me; Seriously bro? You dont see the contradiction?
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
Hamza Tzortzis (muslim); Haha cheesy !! See how the atheist Lawrence Krauss couldnt find a moral argument against incest because of his amoral atheism! Krauss could only complain about the offspring of an incestuous relationship but not a one-off intimate activity between brother an sister! Atheism fails!

PZ Meyers (Atheist); Erm sir, Adam and Eve's children had to be incestuous and also muslims are permitted to marry their cousins

Hamza Tzortzis; In the days of Adam and Eve, they were twins made for each other and so there was no incest! *Says nothing about cousin marriage*

All New Atheists: DAFUQ
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ8jZo-nLxw

Above is the link to the video where Hamza Tzortzis fools himself
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2013
Christian guy; Atheists like to stereotype christians as silly people just because the christians have faith and some do not believe in evolution. Atheists like to make hasty generalizations against christians. Let me tell you, there are many scientists that are christians. Not all christians are the same- yes there are foolish christians that are afraid of science but there are also many intelligent christians. This is why the bible refers to atheists as fools- Psalm 14;1

[img]http://t.qkme.me/3537tu.jpg[/img]
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by ninja4life(m): 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yeah d right word hypocrites but honestly everybody can be termed hypocrites at one point or d other depending on their position on a particular situation.

1 Like

Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by ninja4life(m): 3:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
Yeah d right word hypocrites but honestly everybody can be termed hypocrites at one point or d other depending on their position on a particular situation.i really dont know how to explain myself in words so i quit.
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2013
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
ninja4life: Yeah d right word hypocrites but honestly everybody can be termed hypocrites at one point or d other depending on their position on a particular situation.i really dont know how to explain myself in words so i quit.

There are different levels of hypocrisy
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by ninja4life(m): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

There are different levels of hypocrisy
can u kindly explain a bit cos many times i find myself calling myself an hypocrite after carefully considering d double standard i used wen dealing with some situations.
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2013
ninja4life:
can u kindly explain a bit cos many times i find myself calling myself an hypocrite after carefully considering d double standard i used wen dealing with some situations.

For instance, I believe that violence is wrong and not the answer to problems. However, I can admit to my hypocrisy when dealing with the issue self defense. If someone is with a knife to kill my family, I wont hesitate to shoot the person in the groin and then the knee caps. Very painful and violent.

I can admit this contradiction because it is a practical one. The hypocrisy is overruled by a preservation of life (also the case where one case of violence is less than the other). I can justify such hypocrisy on a logical basis.

The average christian can not admit or even see the contradiction in fighting against gay marriage, other religions, secularism, abortion etc.
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 27, 2013
Christian guy; Obama is not a christian

Atheist; But Obama goes to church and claims to be a christian.

Christian guy; Obama supports gay marriage and abortion

Atheist guy; but you live in the UK where many christians support abortion and gay marriage

Christian guy; so what?

Atheist guy; Are they not christians? Remember that the UK was christian decades before Nigeria was even a country

Atheist guy; Anonyism angry
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by ninja4life(m): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

For instance, I believe that violence is wrong and not the answer to problems. However, I can admit to my hypocrisy when dealing with the issue self defense. If someone is with a knife to kill my family, I wont hesitate to shoot the person in the groin and then the knee caps. Very painful and violent.

I can admit this contradiction because it is a practical one. The hypocrisy is overruled by a preservation of life (also the case where one case of violence is less than the other). I can justify such hypocrisy on a logical basis.

The average christian can not admit or even see the contradiction in fighting against gay marriage, other religions, secularism, abortion etc.

thanks 4 d clarification
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by ninja4life(m): 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

well i guess u are right about dat
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by ninja4life(m): 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
Logicboy03: Christian guy; Obama is not a christian

Atheist; But Obama goes to church and claims to be a christian.

Christian guy; Obama supports gay marriage and abortion

Atheist guy; but you live in the UK where many christians support abortion and gay marriage

Christian guy; so what?

Atheist guy; Are they not christians? Remember that the UK was christian decades before Nigeria was even a country

Atheist guy; Anonyism angry

lol double standard
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
ninja4life:
lol double standard

lol
Re: Discussions With Religious Hypocrites by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 27, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Christians Won't U Stop Worshiping A Metaphorical Son? / The Epicurean Argument On Evil And God / Biblical Proofs That Ancient Israelites Were Black Including Jesus,moses,paul Et

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.