Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,186 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? (838 Views)

What Are Some Differences Between Judaism Christianity And Islam? / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote / Sacrifices: Parallelism Between Judaism And Traditional Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by plaetton: 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2013
It is common practice among Christians , when confronted with the obscene violence, wrathful anger and immorality in the bible, to deny the old testament and refer to it as old covenant, and the new testament as the new covenant.
Yet, when it serves their purpose, the happily quote from the same old testament.

Brother Goshen360 has agreed with me that the old and new testaments deal with two distinct and different religions.I agree with him, and I wonder how many christians out there, Anony, Frosbel, Davidylan, etc, would also agree.

However, brother Goshen360 has not yet answered my next question as to whether the old and new testaments deal with two different and distinct deities . I am still waiting.
In the main time, anyone else is free to help me with question.

Do we have two religions, one god, or two religions, two gods?

Although they claim new covenant, neither the chriatian bible nor the Jewish Tora shows us anywhere or time where the great mountain god,Yahweh of the old testament, entered some kind of celestial rehab to deal with his jealousy and anger management issues, and then comes out renewed as the loving and merciful god of the new covenant christianity.

1 Like

Re: The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
Good question, Plaetton!

Waiting for Anony to come and dribble.
Re: The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by bolaino(m): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
This is going to be interesting, *sits down, grabs popcorn and starts waiting*
Re: The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by Emusan(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
@op you keep disturbing yourself with this mythical Jesus hmm!

You never know your stances about your religion(atheism), is it that God is not exist or He exist but too complex for you to comprehend?

Anyway I believe any problem you have with christians Bible can solve it.

Galatians 1:13-16 "13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion(Judaism), how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
14 And profited in the Jews' religion(Judaism) above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers(Judaism).
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
16 To reveal his Son(Jesus) in me(Paul),
that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood(Judaism):

It is Paul who was talking here and the reason why Saul later 'Paul' persecuted christians is because they(christian) claim that He(Jesus) is the messiah to come.

The major problem between Judaism and Christianity is JESUS CHRIST as the SON of GOD, they both serve the same God.

Christianity breeds out from Judaism because it's the religion of their fathers but Judaism believe that the MESSAIH who is coming is not Jesus while christianity was derived from Christ the messiah who has come.

The old testament is for both christianity and judaism for one reason. 1 Corin 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

In this verse Paul was reffering to Isrealite and how God dealt with them.

Some jews believe till today that God will still send their Messiah come.

Shalom!
Re: The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by Emusan(m): 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
-
Re: The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by plaetton: 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
Emusan: -
You say so much, but absolutely very little sense. So you saying that Judaism and Christianity are two different paths to the same god?
Said who,Paul?
Paul is a liar and opportunist . He has no credibility with me.
So Paul converted from Judaism to christianity, and for you, that should be everyone's cue that god has undergone a transformation and that a new covenant is now force?
That is ludicrous, to say the least.
Re: The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by Goshen360(m): 9:07pm On Jul 14, 2013
I will reply HEAVILY later as you don come open another thread from our previous discussion.
Re: The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by Emusan(m): 9:46pm On Jul 14, 2013
plaetton:
So you're saying that Judaism and Christianity are two different paths to the same god?

Jesus is the only way to God, John 14:6!

Said who, Paul?
Paul is a liar and opportunist . He has no credibility with me.

Then you're expecting a credible answer from a liar's book.

So Paul converted from Judaism to christianity, and for you, that should be everyone's cue that god has undergone a transformation and that a new covenant is now force?

Do you always read from back to front? Which transformation are you talking about?

I said before Jesus Christ came all JEWS were expecting a messiah from God. Then when Jesus finally arrived some believe in Him while others still doubted Him as the messiah. If you can take your time to study Bible very well you'll discover that most apostles fully aware that RELIGION exist before Christ but they don't refer to CHRISTIAN as a religion instead they'll say CHURCH of GOD that spread the gosple of Jesus christ both Jesus and apostles quote from JEWS law. People that believe in Jesus Christ that time believe that New Testament is a continuation of the 'law book' OT that's why they added it WHILE people who failed to recognized Jesus as their messiah continue with the OT and still waiting for God to send their messiah.

As anybody ever put knife in your throut, gun in your head, surround you with bomb e.t.c that you must accept Jesus by force?

That is ludicrous, to say the least.

I said it you don't know your stand as atheist, parading religion section and creating many thread about the God you know does not exist is absurb to me.

R. Dawkin has been invited many time to come and verified AFTERLIFE evidence, he refused because he believed he can't exist/happen and has nothing to do with it. Why can't NL atheist be like him?
Re: The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by plaetton: 9:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360: I will reply HEAVILY later as you don come open another thread from our previous discussion.
Ok sir.
Take your time.
Note however, the i know you love to quote scripture. If you are going do so, make sure you give the proper context.
Also, if another scripture contradicts yours, then your reference should be considered null and void.
Bring it on!
Re: The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by OmoAwori2(m): 9:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
The God of the Israelites (Jews) in the old testament, is now the only God of the universe.
Re: The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by Goshen360(m): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
plaetton:
Ok sir.
Take your time.
Note however, the i know you love to quote scripture. If you are going do so, make you give the proper context.
Also, if another scripture contradicts yours, then your reference should be considered null and void.
Bring it on!

grin grin grin I'm ready to tear down Judaism in my generation like Paul the Apostle without CONTRADICTING my interpretation. You will enjoy it!
Re: The Tale Two Religions:judaism And Christianity: One God Or Two? by Goshen360(m): 5:25am On Jul 15, 2013
plaetton:

It is common practice among Christians , when confronted with the obscene violence, wrathful anger and immorality in the bible, to deny the old testament and refer to it as old covenant, and the new testament as the new covenant.
Yet, when it serves their purpose, the happily quote from the same old testament.

First, I don't know of other. I can only speak for myself because I know where and what covenant I belong to - The New Covenant which is enforced by the blood of Christ. I don't quote the Old Testament (or Covenant) whenever it serves my purpose and I don't belong to that Old Covenant.

Right from the old testament, THIS SAME GOD HAD BEEN ANNOUNCING THE COMING OF THE NEW COVENANT.

New International Version (©2011)
"The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
Jeremiah 31:31

Why would SAME God that entered the covenant of old with Israel say He is bringing a new covenant? The scriptures gave us an answer: "because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord". Hebrews 8:9

Now, is this Old Covenant THE SAME AS THE NEW OR DOES ONE COMPLIMENT OR BALANCE THE OTHER? The answer is NO! These two covenants are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ONE FROM THE OTHER.

New International Version (©2011)
But God found fault with the people and said: "The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. Hebrews 8:8-9

That's it right there! The old that God made with the fathers of Israel, is NOT LIKE THE NEW COVENANT that is announced. I will not go into what the Old entails and the new, just to make my post short.

plaetton:

Brother Goshen360 has agreed with me that the old and new testaments deal with two distinct and different religions.I agree with him, and I wonder how many christians out there, Anony, Frosbel, Davidylan, etc, would also agree.

Okay, so we both agree that the old had a different religion to the new? What then makes you think they now operate on SAME AGREEMENT OR COVENANT if they both have different and distinct religion? That doesn't make any sense! The Old operates on JUDAISM while the new operates on CHRISTianity (Unity of Christ; ONE body of Christ - Jews and Gentiles UNITED in Christ) To point out few differences, Judaism says eye for an eye, Christianity says Love them that hates you. Judaism says faith + some other works of rituals and yearly sacrifices, Christianity says ONLY faith in the finished works of Christ. Judaism says faith alone is too simple and works needed added but Christianity says, faith is what the just shall live by. Judaism is when God was dealing with only the nation of Israel, Christianity is God dealing with the whole nation (the whole world) and reconciling sinners to himself etc.

plaetton:

However, brother Goshen360 has not yet answered my next question as to whether the old and new testaments deal with two different and distinct deities . I am still waiting.
In the main time, anyone else is free to help me with question.

The God of the Old is the same God of the New. There're no two or distinct God for both testament. The truth is, there is a covenant\agreement between God and the people and following consequences when such covenants are broken. Israel broke the covenant not God and therefore, God is just to make null and void the covenant and bring up a new covenant through Christ and the church.

plaetton:

Do we have two religions, one god, or two religions, two gods?

When God was dealing with just one nation, it used to be ONE religion - Judaism and it used to be ONE God, not two. When the same God canceled the Old covenant (Hebrews 8:13); and established the new; it is still ONE God and One religion; transited from Judaism to Christianity. What then do we have here: JUST ONE FAITH - Ephesians 4:4-6. It is the Jews who do not want to agree or let go there religion of Judaism and don't want to accept the new ONE FAITH. Hence, the back and forth argument and confusion.

plaetton:
Although they claim new covenant, neither the chriatian bible nor the Jewish Tora shows us anywhere or time where the great mountain god,Yahweh of the old testament, entered some kind of celestial rehab to deal with his jealousy and anger management issues, and then comes out renewed as the loving and merciful god of the new covenant christianity.

The above had been done ALREADY through Christ and the cross; you just didn't see it. Christ is the MEDIATOR OF THE NEW AND BETTER COVENANT because He already said, the new covenant will NOT BE LIKE THE OLD. That's what the finished works of Christ on the Christ is all about, only faith in that finished works is required. The wrath had been poured on Christ but whatsoever any man sows, that he shall also reap. The new covenant is not where people are stoned to death, killed by the sword etc There's a CHANGE from SHADOWS to SUBSTANCE!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Girl Opens Up On Her Sexual Affair With Pastor Fatoyinbo Of Coza Abuja / Rally! Rally!! Rally!!! 2013 / Is Our Logic Not Truly Sufficient To Prove Or Disprove God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.