Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,344 members, 7,957,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian (7388 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Kaduna State / Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Imo State / International Celebs Of Nigerian Descent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by OlekuBuzzOnline(m): 8:32am On Jul 15, 2013
1) Do you remember Agent Smith in Matrix? Yes! Neo’s arch-rival is Nigerian. How? Well the 53 year old actor was born in Nigeria at the University College Hospital in Ibadan. This makes him Nigerian by birth. His parents moved back to England a year after. Hugo Weaving has acted in several blockbusters such as V For Vendetta, The Matrix Trilogy and Lord of The Rings Trilogy, Transformers Trilogy, The Hobbit Trilogy and Captain America. Who said Ibadan boys don’t go far?

2) The 25 year old British singer is of Nigerian heritage. He was born to a Nigerian father and Brazilian mother. Taio Cruz who started penning songs at 12, began writing professionally 7 years later. He released his debut album Departure in 2008. The following year he released his sophomore Rokstarr which featured the hit song ‘Dynamite’. He dropped his 3rd album TY.O three years ago. Taio Cruz has won several awards including the BRIT Awards, Billboard Music Awards, ASCAP Awards and American Music Awards.

3)Dizzie (Dylan Kwabena Mills) is one of the most respected rappers in the UK and also happens to be Nigerian. His Nigerian father died when he was young and he was raised by his Ghanaian mum. He had a rebellious childhood and that’s how he got the name Rascal. He was a friend of Nigerian footballer Danny Shittu when he was a kid. At 16 he produced his first single ‘I Luv U’ and in 2002 formed the collective Roll Deep Crew. Dizzie Rascal has released 5 solo albums till date making him one of the biggest rappers in the UK. He performed at the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics in London and won the Best International Act at the BET Awards in 2010.

4) This is another Brit-Nigerian. Richard Ayoade was born to a Nigerian father and Norwegian mother. The 36 year old comedian, actor and writer has written several awards winning stage plays in the UK. He is also a known face on British TV having starred in the highly popular The IT Crowd. He made his Hollywood debut in 2012 after starring in the comedy The Watch alongside Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Jonah Hill.

5) Yes, do not be shocked. The ‘Black Eminem’ is Nigerian. Tyler the Creator’s actual names are Tyler Okonma. His father is Igbo. The leader of the music collective ‘Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All’ claims he never met his father. Maybe that is why he is not too fond of him. In 2009 Tyler released his first album Bastard. His buzz started growing from then on mainly backed by his offensive, homophobic and disgusting lyrics. He released his second album Goblin two years later and became a national sensation without the backing of any major record label in America. He released his third album Wolf this year.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-ujSyn6Nus3c/UeOXBMCm_dI/AAAAAAAALjo/4g7oEfYBBwQ/s1600/tyler.jpg[/img]

Read Full Stories here: http://www.olekubuzz.com/2013/07/5-international-celebs-you-never-knew.html

Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by valdubem(m): 10:35am On Jul 15, 2013
NO CLICKING! smh for this penny bloggers
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by yorex2011: 11:46am On Jul 15, 2013
ok....noted

1 Like

Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Oildichotomy(m): 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2013
Frontpage things--- if not for anything but general knowledge! But claiming a white to be an IB dude doesn't really go down well with me --- as for the other black dudes -- They aint proud they're Nigerians-- so F them!

1 Like

Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by FineBro(m): 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by fr3do(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
Neyo and wale of maybach music
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Temismith(f): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
Do U̶̲̥̅̊ knw dat am also a nigerian? undecided

4 Likes

Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by RedCard1(m): 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
U left out Ne-Yo whose real name is Chiemere. It's obvious he is of Nigerian heritage. His grand parents may have been born and raised in the US or something like dat. Don't know if Ne-Yo agrees he's Nigerian though.
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
Red_Card: U left out Ne-Yo whose real name is Chiemere. It's obvious he is of Nigerian heritage. His grand parents may have been born and raised in the US or something like dat. Don't know if Ne-Yo agrees he's Nigerian though.

Ne-Yo is not a NigerIan.
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by netbrilliance(m): 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
Please is this rapper a full blooded nigerian? His name is wale

2 Likes

Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Oildichotomy(m): 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
netbrilliance: Please is this rapper a full blooded nigerian? His name is wale
And you REALLY ask that Like seriously --- Tell me you're kidding
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2013

Celine Dion

Born in Calabar to Akwa-Ibom indigenes

She is very proud of her heritage and the Calabar National Sport as evidenced in her lyric "I drove all night...to make love to you"

grin grin

11 Likes

Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
:owow! thats all i can say. There might be odas we dnt kow of
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Weyrey1ofNaija(f): 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ehen? Jobless bloggers, una don start again! That their parents are Nigerian doesn't make 'em Nigerians you mot**f****s. If we're gon' say d Adebayo guy who killed someone in london isn't Nigerian then these ones AREN'T Nigerian eitha.
Mod, how in the name of ALL the umu nde York did this piece o' shhh end up on d front page? Ehn?
Weyrey's Out Jor.

2 Likes

Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by HezronLorraine(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Celine Dion

She is very proud of her heritage and the Calabar National Sport as evidenced in her lyric "I drove all night...to make love to you"

grin grin
you sure say dem give u drugs today.

1 Like

Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by angayejuni: 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: you sure say dem give u drugs today.
see talk oooh u dey high?
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by HezronLorraine(m): 7:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
angayejuni: see talk oooh u dey high?
who asked for ur opinion.
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by dplomaticVal: 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
I knew they
were all Nigerians,
Come up wit sm oda peeps undecided
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
grin grin grin grin jeez! Dis is danm funny! Bros u r sick ..lol @ *calabar national sport*
jackbauersballs:

Celine Dion

grin grin
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Nomski0(f): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
That their forefathers are Nigerians doesnt make them one of us. They dont rep us so whats the deal.......are we supposed to feel proud of them when they dont regard the country. Btw......if we were to trace the black americans to their forefathers, they'll be africans, does that make them africans?
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by SlyIg(f): 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hahahah
hahahah
hahahah
hahahah
hahahah
hahahah
hahahah
hahahah
hahahah
hahahah
hahahah...
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by alekzandr05(m): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
Why d beef...go start ur blog nah...
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by richeyy(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
Temismith: Do U̶̲̥̅̊ knw dat am also a nigerian? undecided

Me too! My papa and mamma na Nigerian; that makes me a Nigerian
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Tonetonz(f): 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dz dude in salt n serenity...d black dude wit a mark on his head..he z chu... Ejiofor and Sir elyan in merlin z of Nigerian heritage...he bearz ade...smtn edun
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by expensive007(m): 11:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
Even if they are Nigerians, they will be afraid to claim here because of the boko haramic nature of our land. Remember Obama visisting Ghana instead of Nigeria. So what is the essence of referencing them?
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by ImanuelJannah(m): 12:23am On Jul 16, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
And you REALLY ask that Like seriously --- Tell me you're kidding
Yes, He is Full blooded Nigerian. His Dad and Mum are yorubas. But, Wale was born in Washington DC. His full name is Olawale Folarin.
SIGNED: www.imanueljannah..com
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by ImanuelJannah(m): 1:00am On Jul 16, 2013
OlekuBuzzOnline: 1) Do you remember Agent Smith in Matrix? Yes! Neo’s arch-rival is Nigerian. How? Well the 53 year old actor was born in Nigeria at the University College Hospital in Ibadan. This makes him Nigerian by birth. His parents moved back to England a year after. Hugo Weaving has acted in several blockbusters such as V For Vendetta, The Matrix Trilogy and Lord of The Rings Trilogy, Transformers Trilogy, The Hobbit Trilogy and Captain America. Who said Ibadan boys don’t go far?

Hugo Weaving is not Nigerian in anyway, though he was born in Ibadan. Nigerian law does not recognize and accept citizenship by birth like the US. The laws of Nigeria recognizes citizenship by descent. i.e a person's ancestor must have been a native Nigerian for anyone to be recognized as a Nigerian citizen.
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by HezronLorraine(m): 1:47am On Jul 16, 2013
Tone tonz: Dz dude in salt n serenity...d black dude wit a mark on his head..he z chu... Ejiofor and Sir elyan in merlin z of Nigerian heritage...he bearz ade...smtn edun
Sir Elyan of Merlin is Adetomiwa Edun.
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Ndipe(m): 4:01am On Jul 16, 2013
Dame Shirley Bassey is Nigerian.
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 16, 2013
Imanuel Jannah:

Hugo Weaving is not Nigerian in anyway, though he was born in Ibadan. Nigerian law does not recognize and accept citizenship by birth like the US. The laws of Nigeria recognizes citizenship by descent. i.e a person's ancestor must have been a native Nigerian for anyone to be recognized as a Nigerian citizen.

I almost wrote this. the Op clearly doesnt know what he is saying.
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by Brimmie(m): 5:40am On Jul 16, 2013
[size=20]What Of Adewale Agbaje Of Nollywood Dat Was Bullyin Bow Wow In Lottery Ticket! Mehn.. E Tey B4 I Knw![/size]
Re: 5 International Celebs You Never Knew Were Nigerian by 3ace(m): 6:04am On Jul 16, 2013
Imanuel Jannah:

This is true. Many of us born in Lagos should claim Lagos if the country recognises citizenship by birth but we all still claim our state of origin. But sincerely, we should adopt citizenship by birth. For instance, if I was born and bred in Lagos and I want to contest for Local government chairmanship position, they will say I'm not an indigene of the state. If I go to my state of origin, they will tell me yes we agree you are from this state but we don't know you. So, where do I belong?

(1) (2) (Reply)

As A Catholic, Is This Dressing Wrong To Wear For Mass? / Ceec Passionately Lock Lips With Actor Mawuli Gavor,Fans Ask For Asoebi Colour / Hot Mercy Johnson Celebrity Look-alike In New Photo-shoot (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.