Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS (824 Views)

Plz Help Am Having Frequent Urination / Help:my Fiancee Hasn't See Her Menses For 10 Months; Now Please Advise / My Genotype Is As And My Fiancee Is Ac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by Eminentsam(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
Fellow nairalanders i need u people especially medical and health practitioners to enlighten me on the implications of AS+AS marriage.am engaged to a girl who i found i her about 90% of what i need in a woman some of the qualites that are rare to be found in women of nowadays especially immaterialism.plz is there any possibility of our getting married and still producing non SS kids as am ready to carter for whatever expenses it will cost ? Pls ur kind advice is needed. Tnx
Re: Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by fredopayee(m): 2:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
There must be SS except by God's grace your first born comes to be "AS or AA" then you must stop given birth...
Re: Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by travelxpat(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
Don't complicate the story of your life, as you might end up regretting this relationship if you go ahead, when the problems of ss starts, you will hate your lives.its never too late
Re: Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by clever5680: 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
broken relationships is better than 1 broken marriage. its beta 2
endure a broken relation than to live rest of ur life in perpetual regrates.
Re: Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
If you go ahead to get married with the knowledge you have now, your children will curse you. please don't tempt fate. Some tried it and gave birth to all SS. I know a family where both parents are AS and they gave birth to 3 SS and 1 AS. pls break up that relationship and look for AA
Re: Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by yoged(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2013
Pls for ur children sake and for the pain of urs and ur fiancee. End the relationship. My younger sis ended up her relationship 3 wks to her introduction due to genotype issue... Both my younger sis and her ex fiancee has gotten married to someone else now. Thats life for you.
Re: Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by greatgod2012(f): 11:26am On Jul 17, 2013
No any advice anyone can give you than for you two to amicably and understandingly separate yourselves. Each of you shall find other suitors meant for each other.

And for you, op, no one is indispensable, you can always find the right partner, if you yourself make yourself a right partner.
It is well....

Oh! I remember Abali

Abali, where art thou Come and advise this guy o

1 Like

Re: Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by k2039: 11:57am On Jul 17, 2013
Mathematically the probability of having a SS is 25% per pregnancy. This is real life dear and sometimes its just not what you expect(A times life defiles logic, your first four kids may not even be SS, but also your first two kids may be SS).

Think through this, don't be blinded by love, do you really want to got through the pain of having a kid(s) with SS, think about the pain and anguish the baby will also go through.

Except you want to adopt, I will strongly advise against it.

One thing I have come to find out that love is not enough in marriage.
You know the kind of woman you NEED (genotype wise). Why set yourself up for something else? Why not get what you want? Why pretend to make someone fit what she is not? It doesn't mean you don't love her. It means you make a choice and say yes or no, because you love yourself also.

This is life and you make choices, and you are responsible for your choices.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by esmeralda1(f): 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
@op, i agree with wot all av said but i'll add dt during my secondary school days, there was a particular family of SS children, d first born was d only AS, he was dull and ugly, d siblings that were SS were smart and beautiful, unfortunately one of them died while we were in sec sch, it was actually d one in my class, smone dt was in sch on friday hale n hearty died on monday morning cos of crisis dt started on sunday. My dear, prevention is better than cure. think of d sadness of losing a loved one, ur love for this lady will be gone n forgotten at a time like that. It is well God will help u find ur own wife.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by aadetoyin(f): 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
My dear love is not enough for u to go into this because wen SS kids start their crisis that love that u re saying will vamoss. Show ur woman love by agreeing to let her go and God will give u ur own spouse.
Its not easy taking care of a SS child is not just about money but it affects ur emotions, ur schedule, ur job and u will become a regular customer at the hospital.
My dear, u don't even want to experience it cos u'll end up wishing u didn't take the wrong decision.
I hope this helps in ur decison making. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by Abali1(m): 5:38am On Jul 31, 2013
Aunty ,
You guys are doing a good job advicing him naw.....
@op, Sometimes love is not enough go through with a high risk marriage. The threads I have created on NL is enough to explain the pain and trauma SS people go through in life.
You wouldn't want to take a life-long decision knowing fully that the risk involved is not equal to the gain.
If you really need our advice, you guys should let go off each other. The pain of seperation is endurable, compared to the attendant risk of losing your child to SS or watching him/her suffer and there is little or nothing you can do to alleviate that pain/suffering. Equally is the blame and guilt you and your wife will bear knowing you are the ones responsible for your childs suffering or even death.
Re: Pls Help,am AS And My Fiancee AS by Abali1(m): 5:59am On Jul 31, 2013
fredopayee: There must be SS except by God's grace your first born comes to be "AS or AA" then you must stop given birth...
Please this is not true.
AS-AS couples have;
25% probability/chance of producing SS in every pregnancy.
50% Probability/chance of producing AS in every pregnancy.
25% probability/chance of producing AA in every pregnancy.
But Op,
I will always ask, "why tempt fate?".
You can easily have all children SS, AS, or AA. Do wish to play kalo-kalo with your unborn children's Genotype? I believe you will do the right thing and look for a genotype compatible partner. Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

How To Quit Drinking Alcohol / Moringa: Magic Plant That Cures Several Ailments / Cry Of Joy: Deaf Child Hears For The First Time After Surgery (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.