Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,300 members, 7,822,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

My Genotype Is As And My Fiancee Is Ac - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Genotype Is As And My Fiancee Is Ac (2023 Views)

Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS / Prenatal Diagnosis Of A Baby's Genotype: Is It Been Done In Nigeria? / Can I Change My Genotype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Genotype Is As And My Fiancee Is Ac by walele: 2:59am On Feb 16, 2011
My genotype is AS and my Fiancee is AC. I am seriously considering pullin through and getting married to her. I had about the 10weeks pregnancy test and think I won't mind the option. Please where can genotype of an unborn child be done in Nigeria and how much do you think its gonna cost?? undecided[/i][/color]
[quote][/quote]
Re: My Genotype Is As And My Fiancee Is Ac by zhukiyama: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2011
@poster, The National Sickle Cell Centre, Idi-Araba, will be the best place to ascertain that. www.sicklecellfoundation.com
Re: My Genotype Is As And My Fiancee Is Ac by toohot4you(f): 3:04pm On Feb 21, 2011
Is it As you were trying to say? I dont know any genotype to be Ac.
Re: My Genotype Is As And My Fiancee Is Ac by Arlington(f): 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2011
Yes there is a Genotype that is AC and I have it. It is very uncommon the way it was explained by my doctor was i am just a carrier and it does not affect me in any way I don't get sick or have episodes or anything like that .
But when the two mix i have no idea my son i just gave birth to is AC as well and is fine.
Re: My Genotype Is As And My Fiancee Is Ac by zhukiyama: 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2011
well to the best of my knowledge as a SS patient, i know fully well AC exists and like AS they are both carriers, as the case is if AS and AC get hooked, there chances are 1/4% of having either AA, AS, AC and SC. Your son been AC as well means He had the A gene from your wife and the C gene from you. Lucky him,

(1) (Reply)

Gnld Product Is Out Again / Women Should Know About Fibroids? / Lose Weight And Make Money With TLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.