Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:41 AM

The Perks Of Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Perks Of Love (701 Views)

Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. / Game Of Love / Temptation ; The Story Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Perks Of Love by JimmyFalola(m): 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2013
THE PERKS OF LOVE
The sound of someone crying had woken him up from his daily afternoon nap or as he’d like to call it, his POWER nap. He arose sluggishly, moving about the gigantic house looking for the fellow who was sobbing endlessly. There were only 4 children in the Aderibigbe family so it wasn’t so hard to decipher who was weeping.
It was still early in the afternoon, his elder brother couldn’t be home from work yet and his older sister was on a date somewhere. Alas! It was his older sister Demilade that was sobbing incessantly in her room. He had opted to leave her alone but something, maybe nature drew him back to her.
He entered her room noisily forcing her to notice his presence, she asked in a shaky voice
‘What do you want?’, If you are here to mock me, please leave’. His big sis had never been this sad before,
‘What’s the problem, demi?’ He enquired in a soft cool voice, she replied in between sobs ‘He took it all, he took everything away from me’
He had thought she was talking about her virginity, he remembered she had been a victim of date rape at just 18 years of age.
‘What did he take?’ His curiosity had surely been sparked
She didn’t reply but instead increased the pitch of her wailing. He was quick to calm her down and then he told her those ineffective 6 words ‘Everything is going to be ok’
She stared at him with a lost puppy look, calmed herself down and replied ‘He took away my love, my heart, my money, my best friend and he also stripped me half naked in public’
‘Bloody son of a b@#ch’ he cursed under his breath, ‘I’m going to kill him when next I set my eyes on him’ he said that aloud
She replied frantically ‘Please don’t, I still love him’ then she continued with her seemingly endless sobbing
‘This is where I get tired of you all, you are all engulfed in the fantasy of a prince charming and fairytale love that you fail to realize how bad the guy is for you, simply because he told you some sweet words’ He shook his head and left the room angrily
Peluwa was a 20 year old boy, he was the typical charmer and ladies both young and old couldn’t resist him. He was in his third year at one of the renowned universities in Lagos; he was studying Medicine, the perfect course for a boy who didn’t believe in having emotions.
While taking a stroll in his estate on a breezy Friday night, he caught a glimpse of a light skinned beauty. The memory of her face faded in recent weeks but for the first time in his life, he longed to see someone again. He got his wish, he saw her again on her porch one afternoon, he waved endlessly but she didn’t return the favour, he concluded that she was either blind or just a snob. Weeks and months passed until one day when he decided to spend the weekend at home after a stressful week at school. He boarded one of the Lagos metro taxi’s from his school to his family’s residence at Ikoyi. He alighted in front of his gate; there he realized he had forgotten his wallet in school hostel. Seeing the padlocked gate, he decided to call all his siblings to find out if anyone of them was nearby, no one was. He quickly ordered the cabbie to take him back to school but the cabbie refused insisting that his previous fare must be paid before they could embark on another journey. Things got intense as both parties got into a heated argument.
Princess, the light skinned girl Peluwa had sighted the other day happened to be coming back from school also, the fancy Fendi bag she carried revealed her books. She rushed over to the scene of the incident after seeing the two parties exchanging fierce words.
‘What’s wrong, sir?’ she addressed the cabbie; her voice was warm and soothing. Peluwa couldn’t help but stare at her tempting figure.
‘This man has refused to pay my fare’ the cabbie smiled as he managed to put that sentence together; he also couldn’t help but stare.
‘You see, it’s not like that.’ Peluwa cut in, in his usual sexy voice.
‘How much is it?’ she was still addressing the cabbie
‘its 2500’
She opened her purse and settled him immediately. He zoomed off, cursing as he sped away
‘You didn’t have to do that’ his voice had cranked up to super sexy
‘If that’s your thank you, I’d say yes, I didn’t have to’ she said with a cheeky smile
He chuckled ‘I’d pay you back as soon as possible’
‘You don’t have to, I’m princess’ she stretched forth her hand.
‘Ah! Where are my manners? I’m Peluwa’ he smiled while biting his lower lip gently She quickly increased her pace, ensuring that he couldn’t catch up.
They became closer in the following weeks, and the fact that they both attended the same university ensured that they saw each other regularly. She was also in her third year, studying accountancy. They became the closest of people on earth; they knew everything about each other. He fell madly in love, he had never been so close to someone and keen to see someone loke the way he always felt whenever she left him.
‘So when do you plan on getting married’ Peluwa asked shyly on of their regular rendezvous meetings.’ Maybe in three years’ time’ Since that day, the talked about marriage more frequently. Peluwa felt it was time to pop the question and get engaged to her. They were both in the final semester of their final year in the tertiary institute, what better time could it be to get engaged than now? He thought. He ran over to the jewelry shop nearby, he got a fancy looking diamond ring. Spending all the money in his account.
The following Saturday, he decided to surprise her by going to her house early even though they had agreed to meet later in the day at their favourite hangout spot. He pressed the bell repeatedly until a gruff voice replied
‘Who’s there?’
A tall lanky light skinned fellow opened the door, he was quite handsome
‘Yes, what do you want?’ he asked harshly
‘I’m here to see Princess’
‘She’s not home’ he slammed in the door in Peluwa’s face almost immediately allowing him no room to ask further questions. Later at that planned meet, ‘ I saw your brother today, one lanky dude. He was quite mean though , why didn’t you tell me he was back from the states?’
‘Uh, he’s not my brother’ she stammered
‘That’s my fiancé; he just came back from the states two days ago’
Peluwa’s jaw dropped instantly. He stood up and started marching towards the direction of his house like a controlled robot
‘Wait, let me explain’ Princess said from a little distance away.
He didn’t stop; he walked straight into his house without talking to anyone, stormed into his room and locked his door shut. He lay on his bed, reminiscing about the funny, the bad & happy moments he and Princess had both shared while the tears flowed in a snail like fashion.
He refused to step out of his room; he was feeding off the supplies in the bedroom fridge situated there. it was almost two weeks since Peluwa had locked himself in his room, his father had run out of patience, he ordered that the spare key be brought out. When the door was opened, they were surprised by what they saw.
‘I’m sorry sis about your loss, I didn’t know he was going to commit suicide and from the note he left saying ‘I loved you’, I realise that he truly loved you’ the tall lanky light skinned dude Peluwa had seen the other day was addressing Princess, his sister. Princess replied in the midst of tears ‘ You blockhead, you should have considered the fact that he loved me before you brought up the idea to prank him, now see what you’ve caused’
Re: The Perks Of Love by adeswagsdmj(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2013
Time 4 series joor i hate short stories[quote author=JimmyFalola]THE PERKS OF LOVE
The sound of someone crying had woken him up from his daily afternoon nap or as he’d like to call it, his POWER nap. He arose sluggishly, moving about the gigantic house looking for the fellow who was sobbing endlessly. There were only 4 children in the Aderibigbe family so it wasn’t so hard to decipher who was weeping.
It was still early in the afternoon, his elder brother couldn’t be home from work yet and his older sister was on a date somewhere. Alas! It was his older sister Demilade that was sobbing incessantly in her room. He had opted to leave her alone but something, maybe nature drew him back to her.
He entered her room noisily forcing her to notice his presence, she asked in a shaky voice
‘What do you want?’, If you are here to mock me, please leave’. His big sis had never been this sad before,
‘What’s the problem, demi?’ He enquired in a soft cool voice, she replied in between sobs ‘He took it all, he took everything away from me’
He had thought she was talking about her virginity, he remembered she had been a victim of date rape at just 18 years of age.
‘What did he take?’ His curiosity had surely been sparked
She didn’t reply but instead increased the pitch of her wailing. He was quick to calm her down and then he told her those ineffective 6 words ‘Everything is going to be ok’
She stared at him with a lost puppy look, calmed herself down and replied ‘He took away my love, my heart, my money, my best friend and he also stripped me half naked in public’
‘Bloody son of a b@#ch’ he cursed under his breath, ‘I’m going to kill him when next I set my eyes on him’ he said that aloud
She replied frantically ‘Please don’t, I still love him’ then she continued with her seemingly endless sobbing
‘This is where I get tired of you all, you are all engulfed in the fantasy of a prince charming and fairytale love that you fail to realize how bad the guy is for you, simply because he told you some sweet words’ He shook his head and left the room angrily
Peluwa was a 20 year old boy, he was the typical charmer and ladies both young and old couldn’t resist him. He was in his third year at one of the renowned universities in Lagos; he was studying Medicine, the perfect course for a boy who didn’t believe in having emotions.
While taking a stroll in his estate on a breezy Friday night, he caught a glimpse of a light skinned beauty. The memory of her face faded in recent weeks but for the first time in his life, he longed to see someone again. He got his wish, he saw her again on her porch one afternoon, he waved endlessly but she didn’t return the favour, he concluded that she was either blind or just a snob. Weeks and months passed until one day when he decided to spend the weekend at home after a stressful week at school. He boarded one of the Lagos metro taxi’s from his school to his family’s residence at Ikoyi. He alighted in front of his gate; there he realized he had forgotten his wallet in school hostel. Seeing the padlocked gate, he decided to call all his siblings to find out if anyone of them was nearby, no one was. He quickly ordered the cabbie to take him back to school but the cabbie refused insisting that his previous fare must be paid before they could embark on another journey. Things got intense as both parties got into a heated argument.
Princess, the light skinned girl Peluwa had sighted the other day happened to be coming back from school also, the fancy Fendi bag she carried revealed her books. She rushed over to the scene of the incident after seeing the two parties exchanging fierce words.
‘What’s wrong, sir?’ she addressed the cabbie; her voice was warm and soothing. Peluwa couldn’t help but stare at her tempting figure.
‘This man has refused to pay my fare’ the cabbie smiled as he managed to put that sentence together; he also couldn’t help but stare.
‘You see, it’s not like that.’ Peluwa cut in, in his usual sexy voice.
‘How much is it?’ she was still addressing the cabbie
‘its 2500’
She opened her purse and settled him immediately. He zoomed off, cursing as he sped away
‘You didn’t have to do that’ his voice had cranked up to super sexy
‘If that’s your thank you, I’d say yes, I didn’t have to’ she said with a cheeky smile
He chuckled ‘I’d pay you back as soon as possible’
‘You don’t have to, I’m princess’ she stretched forth her hand.
‘Ah! Where are my manners? I’m Peluwa’ he smiled while biting his lower lip gently She quickly increased her pace, ensuring that he couldn’t catch up.
They became closer in the following weeks, and the fact that they both attended the same university ensured that they saw each other regularly. She was also in her third year, studying accountancy. They became the closest of people on earth; they knew everything about each other. He fell madly in love, he had never been so close to someone and keen to see someone loke the way he always felt whenever she left him.
‘So when do you plan on getting married’ Peluwa asked shyly on of their regular rendezvous meetings.’ Maybe in three years’ time’ Since that day, the talked about marriage more frequently. Peluwa felt it was time to pop the question and get engaged to her. They were both in the final semester of their final year in the tertiary institute, what better time could it be to get engaged than now? He thought. He ran over to the jewelry shop nearby, he got a fancy looking diamond ring. Spending all the money in his account.
The following Saturday, he decided to surprise her by going to her house early even though they had agreed to meet later in the day at their favourite hangout spot. He pressed the bell repeatedly until a gruff voice replied
‘Who’s there?’
A tall lanky light skinned fellow opened the door, he was quite handsome
‘Yes, what do you want?’ he asked harshly
‘I’m here to see Princess’
‘She’s not home’ he slammed in the door in Peluwa’s face almost immediately allowing him no room to ask further questions. Later at that planned meet, ‘ I saw your brother today, one lanky dude. He was quite mean though , why didn’t you tell me he was back from the states?’
‘Uh, he’s not my brother’ she stammered
‘That’s my fiancé; he just came back from the states two days ago’
Peluwa’s jaw dropped instantly. He stood up and started marching towards the direction of his house like a controlled robot
‘Wait, let me explain’ Princess said from a little distance away.
He didn’t stop; he walked straight into his house without talking to anyone, stormed into his room and locked his door shut. He lay on his bed, reminiscing about the funny, the bad & happy moments he and Princess had both shared while the tears flowed in a snail like fashion.
He refused to step out of his room; he was feeding off the supplies in the bedroom fridge situated there. it was almost two weeks since Peluwa had locked himself in his room, his father had run out of patience, he ordered that the spare key be brought out. When the door was opened, they were surprised by what they saw.
‘I’m sorry sis about your loss, I didn’t know he was going to commit suicide and from the note he left saying ‘I loved you’, I realise that he truly loved you’ the tall lanky light skinned dude Peluwa had seen the other day was addressing Princess, his sister. Princess replied in the midst of tears ‘ You blockhead, you should have considered the fact that he loved me before you brought up the idea to prank him, now see what you’ve caused’
[/e]Time 4 series joor i hate short stories

(1) (Reply)

Not Only God Sees You–a Short Story / Beware Of Her Bed / Dan Brown's Books ,expensive Or Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.