Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? (1102 Views)

Child Rapists On The Loose:how Nigerian Policemen Aid Paedophiles To Escape Just / Four Policemen Torture Woman Over Stolen Ipad. / Difference Between Nigerian Policemen And Canadian Policemen In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by hortongate(m): 1:27pm On May 24, 2006
This is what you see of Nigerian policemen on our roads:

About 10 or more of them standing idly on one spot at a place like mile 2 as early as 6am asking for fire extinguishers
Policemen wearing bathroom slippers with chewing stick in the mouth and an AK47 assault rifle on the shoulder.

Some of them in mufty have tattered clothes, the bullet proof vest comes in handy as a singlet. They even board public buses with bullet proof "shirts"
I just saw one outside now, obviously, he just had a meal. His belt had been let loose and he was picking his teeth; in public.

Picture a Los Angeles police department officer or a London metropolitan policeman. Good, now go outside and take a good look at that naija policeman with a 4 litre jerry can of petrol or the one hanging from a bus or that one queuing to buy roasted corn.

It's sad but these people don't command any sort of respect or inspire any feeling of security or confidence in me and many other people, if i'm permitted to speak for them.

Whatever you do, avoid them. They are very capable of spoiling your day even before it starts or
generally help you end  it on sour note.

Please share your experiences. i have loads of them.
Cheers.
Re: How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:31pm On May 24, 2006
none! grin
Re: How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by babymine(f): 2:41pm On May 24, 2006
Me too! grin

They are supposed to protect people but some of them are crooks, armed robbers, 419ners and so forth.
When they hear gun shots they take off even thought they are armed! grin grin Dem no ready to die for their country! grin grin
Re: How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by Zahymaka(m): 3:10pm On May 24, 2006
I agree with your observations. Maybe you should read my account.
Re: How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by Ashiwaju(m): 10:12pm On May 28, 2006
Respect my foot, the most useless body of govt i have ever seen
Re: How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by sade511(f): 12:31am On May 29, 2006
I dont really know cause i havent been in naija for a while but in the Naija movies that I've seen they're not very reliable.
Re: How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by bagoma(f): 2:33pm On May 29, 2006
@ hortongate,
they are worse than the picture you painted. cheesy cheesy
they are a pain and like you said they are mostly to be avoided.
have you noticed that no one going in or coming out of a police station is ever with a cheerful disposition? take a look again.
i hate anything remotely connected to the police and when i hear the phrase "police is your friend" i wonder how they came about that statement. methinks, they are anybody's worst nightmare!
Re: How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by Badman888(m): 2:55am On May 30, 2006
i dont have respect for them, they are meant to serve and protect but they aint doin nada
Re: How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by otokx(m): 11:45am On May 30, 2006
i have a lot of respect for them as i have for the president of this country; indeed they are a striking image of the state of our federal government.
Re: How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by omo07(f): 2:39am On Jun 21, 2006
this like em very much,
we traveled [drove] from lagos to kano [lol with stops in between]

and i promise a good 2 hours could have been saved if it wasn't for the cops,

make us pay a 1000N for no fire extinguisher, lmao even "developed" countries don't require fire extinguishers

but i guess the gotta do what they gotta do
Re: How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by Ashiwaju(m): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2006
so cheap 4 not having fire ext wait till road safety stop you for not having fire ext & u ll see the police are better when it comes to extinguisher!
Re: How Much Respect Do You Have For Nigerian Policemen? by Jidedapo(m): 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2006
The Nigerian police force has not earned any respect so why should they deserve it. I strongly believe the faliure of the force has been due to the poor institutional framework we have in this country. the Govt dont want to do anything that doesnt have an immediate effect on them. take for example if the EFCC could actualy instil the fear of law in the average individual y cant the police force do that , besides the head of the EFCC is a police man. so i think the govt could actually solve this matter of insecuirty and police efficency. thank you and God help Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Militants Blew Up Police Station, Burn Ruler's Palace / Two Pastors Arrested After Forcing Member To Have Gay Sex In Lagos / Man Beats IndecentStar Ex Girlfriend To Pulp For No Reason.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.