Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

How Do One Stop Body Strech Marks ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do One Stop Body Strech Marks ? (1568 Views)

Cure For Strech Marks / Pregnancy Strech Marks,anyway To Remove It? / Strech Marks Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do One Stop Body Strech Marks ? by samcarlos: 3:45pm On May 24, 2006
how do one stop body strech marks ?
Re: How Do One Stop Body Strech Marks ? by DaHitler(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2006
It depends. If you recently gained weight or are pregnant, then they would appear. However, there are also some conditions that would create stretch marks even though your actual size remains the same. I'll do some research in this in about 3 hours. (After exams)

The ones you get from diseases/illness should vanish once you treat the cause. But I can't think of any treatment right now. Maybe later.
Re: How Do One Stop Body Strech Marks ? by desiree(f): 2:05pm On May 25, 2006
When there is a breakdown or loss of elastin and collagen fibers or excessive stretching in the skin, the mark actually shows through to the epidermis.

From what i have heard, you can't totally get rid of them even if you surgically tighten the skin area affected you will still have the residue in the under lying skin-dermis. But there are some very good creams and lotions that can reduce (almost completely) the appearance. I tried this particular one from South-Africa it has all the natural plant oils extracts you can think of---- Shea butter, cocoa butter, almond oil, wheat-gem and citrus fruits etc and it actually worked. Regular exercise is also known to help.
Re: How Do One Stop Body Strech Marks ? by kiwibabe(f): 3:36pm On May 30, 2006
I have tried all the different types of creams but they do not work on my skin.

So its a good question when you find a cure please let me know.
Re: How Do One Stop Body Strech Marks ? by baby4u2(f): 7:41pm On Jun 01, 2006
desiree can i get that cream. holla on my yahoo id abeg.
Re: How Do One Stop Body Strech Marks ? by samcarlos: 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2006
desiree, i'll like to get the cream
I 'm in Nigera though
I just want it reduced
nnaemeka2001 is my yahoo id
Re: How Do One Stop Body Strech Marks ? by desiree(f): 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2006
okay, i will have a look at my local African supplies store and let you guys know more about about pricing and the rest.
Re: How Do One Stop Body Strech Marks ? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2006
I USED TO HAVE THOSE STRETCH MARKS TOO, BUT I NOTICED THAT SINCE I STARTED REGULAR EXERCISE, IT HELPED A LOT
NOW THEY ARE NOT TOO VISIBLE, EXCEPT U TAKE A VERY CLOSE LOOK AT D AFFECTED AREAS, I ALSO TRIED JERGENS FIRMING CREAM

I HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU
SOMEONE RECOMMENDED IT FOR ME THOUGH I MIXED WITH ONE OTHER CREAM FOR STRETCH MARK( I CANT REMEMBER THE NAME SHA) BUT I WILL FIND OUT
Re: How Do One Stop Body Strech Marks ? by dignity(m): 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2006
Hi Sam-Carlos,

Joined this Forum yesterday,and this is going to be my first post.

I have done extensive research on Shea Butter,and I can tell you it prevents Stretch Marks.If they have already developed,it reduces their appearance, that at times, they are hardly discernible.

Hey,I didn't say REFINED SHEA BUTTER  o!I mean 'raw and natural'.Let me know after you have used it for 3 to 4 weeks.

Good Luck!

(1) (Reply)

Help : How To Enjoy Xex / Male Menopause: A Phase Of Man’s Second Adulthood / Green World Is Creating A Green Health For All On The Basis Of Sincerity And Cre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.