Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? (111695 Views)

Oluwa Mi, Emi O Jebi O....Ni Orin Ti Saraki Fi S'enu Ni Ile Igbejo / The Meaning Of Peace In The Different Nigerian Languages / And To Which Language Do These Famous Naija Expressions Belong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 05, 2013
Watch d video 'eminado' is translated at d begining of d video
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Reincarnated(m): 6:10am On Dec 05, 2013
I'm just seeing this video for the first time. This Tiwa Savage is phucking sexy my ghard
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Chigorkizz(m): 6:24am On Dec 05, 2013
Pincode is the orignator of skelewu not Davido.
Pincode used it in one of his songs dat goes lik dis'

Na weytin b ur pin code o
I nid d keys 2 ur heart.babygirl.
I wana enter inside oo but e dey ask me say access deny eh.
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by IAMBREEZY: 6:28am On Dec 05, 2013
It's Now i know the meaning.
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by topas100(m): 6:34am On Dec 05, 2013
I now understand
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Jackpat(m): 6:45am On Dec 05, 2013
tjfulloption: emi nado in hausa has no meaning

in yoruba, it has 2 meaning: 1. emi (me) n ado (in ado) me in ado(ekiti) 2. me too will f**k

in igbo: a luck charm made of cowries normally ware by wreastlers for goodluck.

eminado! eminado!!
i rest my case

Ok o...but wait! How d f uck is a luck charm made of cowrie wch is normally on wrestlers for gud luck related to d music...is Don a wrestler or Tiwa d cowrie.......e tire me o >:
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by tellwisdom: 7:02am On Dec 05, 2013
Spits undecided
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Nnachi404(m): 7:04am On Dec 05, 2013
theimmortals:
Its not only emi nado, limpopo, azonto, skelewu, alingo, etc
i need to know their meaning too
so am not the only one I need to know their meaning ooooo
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by baggylips(m): 7:13am On Dec 05, 2013
kekakuz: this word originated from ancient ife kingdom
it was derived from the word emi na aado meaning i will av my turn on him or her.
the then slave master use to select the finest jewish slave to av sex with and the other slave master will often shout"emina ado"'meaning i also want to ssex her.
the jewish slaves who has no tru knowledge of yoruba people even unill date believed thatt the word means my love or lovers or someone that stays close to bring happiness.
in the early 17th century,they were liberated by oranmiyan who asked them to leave and go find a place to settle.he also put a mark on their head to differentiate them from the yorubas.
they left and settled in the eastern part of nigeria.a place we now call igbo land.

eminado became a part of their vocabulary to mean something that stays close or together to bring luck.

now u all know the history and fact you will never get elsewhere,advantage of being a nairalander
are you mad...must u turn every thread 2 tribal war?s.illy bigot undecided

9 Likes

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by OCTAVO: 7:14am On Dec 05, 2013
We have a lot of perverts on NL grin
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:15am On Dec 05, 2013
5ex charm
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by vanguard1(m): 7:18am On Dec 05, 2013
it was derived from the word emi na aado meaning i will av my turn on him or her.
the then slave master use to select the finest jewish slave to av sex with and the other slave master will often shout"emina ado"'meaning i also want to ssex her.
the jewish slaves who has no tru knowledge of yoruba people even unill date believed thatt the word means my love or lovers or someone that stays close to bring happiness.
in the early 17th century,they were liberated by oranmiyan who asked them to leave and go find a place to settle.he also put a mark on their head to differentiate them from the yorubas.
they left and settled in the eastern part of nigeria.a place we now call igbo land.

eminado became a part of their vocabulary to mean something that stays close or together to bring luck.

now u all know the history and fact you will never get elsewhere,advantage of being a nairalander
Tribalist, tribalist, tribalist

4 Likes

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 05, 2013
Azonto is a term for a wayward girl way before it's is used as a name for the dancing step. Another name for a wayward girl in Accra is shashiewowo.

1 Like

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by JumaiM(f): 7:24am On Dec 05, 2013
grin

Hahahaha let dem Igbo folk catch u wif this fake history of urs cheesy
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by kittykollinxx(m): 7:29am On Dec 05, 2013
How deos eminando relates with the love song I mean the relationshp btw love song and goodluck charm.
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Chinaimporter: 7:32am On Dec 05, 2013
[size=18pt]you guys dont understand it....eminado is a sicillian pronouncation of illuminado which means an illuminated person or in occultic terminology a scion of illuminati...he chant is in praise of the grand architect of the universe who is the the bright morning star, the blessed Sanctus Illuminatus luciferum [/size]
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Hendrixtzee(m): 7:32am On Dec 05, 2013
olorunthobby: Eminado is simply yoruba statement emi ni ado meaning 'nah me go straf am' cheesy
awon werey
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Hendrixtzee(m): 7:33am On Dec 05, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]you guys dont understand it....eminado is a sicillian pronouncation of illuminado which means an illuminated person or in occultic terminology a scion of illuminati...he chant is in praise of the grand architect of the universe who is the the bright morning star, the blessed Sanctus Illuminatus luciferum [/size]
wetinn u drink??

1 Like

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by ignis: 7:35am On Dec 05, 2013
Eminado means Goodluck Charm Jonathan
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by otumalagicruz(m): 7:40am On Dec 05, 2013
beautiful meaning
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by victorazy(m): 7:41am On Dec 05, 2013
Melancholy: Hmm! A luck charm? You can see from my post that what i envisage wasn't it,though they are of same spellings

Yoruba rat
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Alphafrank: 7:42am On Dec 05, 2013

'......guy ur mumu pas d mumuest mumu wey dey nairaland,go shit 4 ur pant if u no knw weitin 2 say grin
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by evatee(m): 7:45am On Dec 05, 2013
olorunthobby: Eminado is simply yoruba statement emi ni ado meaning 'nah me go straf am' cheesy
you are wrong sire....it's me sef gho bleep am.
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Dericinh: 7:50am On Dec 05, 2013
All an wash!!
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Zillonia02(m): 7:51am On Dec 05, 2013
U will give account of any idle word da proceeds from your mawt..so lets free dem
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Sheenor: 7:55am On Dec 05, 2013
Emi na aado............

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Optimisticgondy(m): 7:59am On Dec 05, 2013
Artists do invent slangs themselves at times, and as a result of this, only Tiwa can explain what it means. However, if you follow the lyrics properly, you may deduce what it means from it
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by adepojuot: 8:02am On Dec 05, 2013
Nice song,nice title,nice video,nice costume etc,haters should huge the nearest transformer....

1 Like

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Okaka27(m): 8:04am On Dec 05, 2013
EMINADO SIMPLY MEANS : NONSENSE undecided angry
Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by LadyH(f): 8:08am On Dec 05, 2013
Chigorkizz: Pincode is the orignator of skelewu not Davido.
Pincode used it in one of his songs dat goes lik dis'

Na weytin b ur pin code o
I nid d keys 2 ur heart.babygirl.
I wana enter inside oo but e dey ask me say access deny eh.
wia did he mention it in the song na?

1 Like

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by LadyH(f): 8:10am On Dec 05, 2013
kittykollinxx: How deos eminando relates with the love song I mean the relationshp btw love song and goodluck charm.
na wa ooooo!!!

r u kidding me?! angry

1 Like

Re: What's The Meaning Of ''Emi Nado'' & From Which Language? by Aspetta(f): 8:16am On Dec 05, 2013

I can't stop laughing at this immense stup!dity. So Jews migrated from Yoruba land as slaves? Dream on!.Anyway, I hope you are joking...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interesting Images From Precolonial And Early Colonial Africa / Nigerian (igbo) & African American / What Is The Nwa Baby Ashawo Song By Flavour N'abania Talking About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.