Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,264 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Trayvon Martin Verdict I'm Ashamed To Wear U.s. Flag Says Black Olympic Boxer - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Trayvon Martin Verdict I'm Ashamed To Wear U.s. Flag Says Black Olympic Boxer (512 Views)

Man In Ogun Goes With Nigerian Flag / Do You Put Your Hand Inside Your Boxer When Sleeping? / Richard Branson's Verdict On Doing business In Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trayvon Martin Verdict I'm Ashamed To Wear U.s. Flag Says Black Olympic Boxer by soochukwu(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is so disgusted over the George Zimmerman verdict ... he's vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again.

Gausha -- who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games -- started wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks after his Olympic run ... but tells TMZ he's done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.Terrell adds, "How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male's life."

Gausha added, "When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag. I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face."

Gausha has turned pro -- so he's not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016 -- but doesn't sound like he's interested ... telling us he refuses to rep a "nation with so much racism and hatred."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2ZE8QFCOW
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.co

Re: Trayvon Martin Verdict I'm Ashamed To Wear U.s. Flag Says Black Olympic Boxer by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
Its a sad tale! All blacks know this is wrong, some whites with conscience criticize it also. It just goes to show the level of injustice in the world(not just in Nigeria).

(1) (Reply)

The success story of Nigeria Online Shopping! Have you shopped online yet? / Why Is God Not Answering Our Prayers In Africa?? / Over 4hours Traffic Hold-up At The Redemption Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.