Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Keeping Your New Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Keeping Your New Job (485 Views)

Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much / Are You Frustrated With Your Job,why Are You Still Keeping It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keeping Your New Job by Shinor(m): 10:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
Keeping your new job
By Sina Adelaja-Olowoake SAO The Employment Coach

Which one is harder getting a job or keeping your job? I usually get asked this question wherever I go throughout the world. And I always give the same answer. They are both EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Though I must confess many job seekers fail to appreciate just how important keeping a job can be so much so that they give very little thought to this prior to taking up the position.
Let’s look at things you need to do that can help you keep your job

1. Be sure you know what you are doing
Arm yourself with every resource you need to excel in your job. Like a soldier going to war you must make sure you are very prepared for the task at hand. But in order to do this, you must have a thorough understanding of the role. Try and get feedback from your colleagues and your boss on how you are getting on. You may feel as though you are doing a fantastic job, but if your expectations differ from those of your manager or boss, there is going to be conflict. Have a good understanding of what is expected of you.
2. Keep On Learning
Do not assume for once that now that you have secured a position you have arrived. Yes you have might have graduated but you have not quit learning. Be a team player and look to get involved in more areas of the business. If your company offers training courses, put your hand up to get involved. If your company doesn’t offer training courses, you can still take the initiative and invest in your own growth and knowledge by paying for these courses yourself.

3. Develop Great Relationships
Research has shown that we spend over a third of our lives at work. If we spend this great amount time at work, then it is only wise that we develop healthy and wholesome relationships in the work place. Be someone that can be trusted. Good relationships are based on trust. Keep commitments. If you promise something, make sure you deliver on time. However, if you find yourself in a situation where something has changed and you cannot keep that commitment, be honest and communicate. Honest communication is the key to building a long-lasting relationship.
For more click http://saotheemploymentcoach..co.uk/2013/07/how-to-keep-your-job.html

(1) (Reply)

IT Manager Needed Urgently / Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy / Peachtree Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.