Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Seriously... Help!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Seriously... Help!!! (802 Views)

Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) / Signs That You Are Seriously Stressed Out / 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage You Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seriously... Help!!! by kheme(m): 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2013
So here's my story...

About 3 month ago, i went on a stupid fast (or diet, as some people call it). For about 1 week (9 days) i ate only salads (very very rich salad i make) and nothing else (besides water and juice).

After the salad phase, i went on water-only for 2 days. Due to the serious headaches whenever i'm hungry, i couldn't go beyond 2 days on water.

Now, after i resumed regular eating, i noticed the following changes...

1. my stomach shrunk (this was expected though) so i eat a lot less and i get full very easily
2. my appetite multiplied! Whether i'm hungry or not, i still feel like eating! even when i'm full... i still feel like eating. i constantly feel like putting things in my mouth and chewing... this has been going on for 2 months now!
3. my body metabolism seems to have slowed down now. i can have a proper meal and feel full for the next 6 hours! The sad part is... in those 6 hours, i would still want to eat more and more.

Seriously... help!

has anyone been in this situation or similar situation before? Or what can i do to return my appetite back to normal

Smaller stomach is fine by me... slower metabolism, i'm okay with. but supper appetite... that's a NOOOOO!!!

Seriously, help!
Re: Seriously... Help!!! by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
That's the result of crash dieting. You have to endure till your body readjusts. or you could exercise to jumpstart your metabolism.
Re: Seriously... Help!!! by nekaa(f): 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
U shouldn't have stopped ur fasting (diet) so abruptly, ur body is just trying to adjust again.. Buh u could chew gums when u feel the urge to eat; that can go to deceive ur stomach that its full.
Re: Seriously... Help!!! by eyenCalabar(m): 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
The same way you started your craze. Continue eating the way you think it's normal. When you feel like eating again and again, resist it. With a little time, your body would adjust again.
Re: Seriously... Help!!! by aadetoyin(f): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2013
Since u re always hungry try to eat small meals at reasonable intervals. But seriously did u involve ur Doctor or even a nutritionist b4 u started ur CRASH diet.
Take it easy abeg

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Banana / Scientific Found The Origin Of Ebola Outbreak / Experts Please Help Me With This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.