Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? (1920 Views)

Tyler Perry's "Temptations": The Movie That Shows What Hollywood Tries To Hide. / Tyler Perry Movies. / New Movie Trailer;Madea's Big Happy Family 2011 Starring Tyler Perry,bow Wow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by odzey(m): 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
I have seen almost if not all, Tyler Perry movies and also his stage plays, and his movies are simply superb (and that's my own opinion). What's his best movie that you have watched? For me, I still can't choose one. The guy is just a very good producer.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by specialguest(f): 2:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
Still trying to choose between Diary of a mad black woman and family reunion.
Tyler perry simply rocks.
Madea series is so off the hook! I still find it hard to believe he acted as joe in madea. What a multitalented actor/ producer.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
Good deeds

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by odzey(m): 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
I really like his first movie, Daddy's Little Girls. Great storlyline, good actors, Idris Elba and Gabrielle Union, very nice combination. Diary of a Mad Black Woman, another superb movie, very very funny. If there's any movie scene I can never forget in ma life, it was d scene in For Colored Girls, where Micheal Ealy threw his kids from his apartment down. It was just too real and scary.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
1. Why Did I Get Married
2. Diary of a Mad Black Woman
3. A Family that Preys

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by odzey(m): 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
Still yet to see his recent movie, "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counsellor". Does anyone know where i can get the movie? Is there anyone who has seen it or who has it?
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by nenergy(m): 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
Its between a family that preys and good deeds.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by specialguest(f): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2013
odzey: Still yet to see his recent movie, "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counsellor". Does anyone know where i can get the movie? Is there anyone who has seen it or who has it?

Temptation is indeed a lovely movie. Like someone already suggested, try downloading it online because the dvd i bought was so over pirated that i couldnt differentiate the day time scenes from the night ones. Finally watched it again last weekend and this time the picture was so clear because i got it online.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by azeeza(f): 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
Good deeds.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by odzey(m): 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2013
specialguest:

Temptation is indeed a lovely movie. Like someone already suggested, try downloading it online because the dvd i bought was so over pirated that i couldnt differentiate the day time scenes from the night ones. Finally watched it again last weekend and this time the picture was so clear because i got it online.

Thanks xoxo much, will try to download it.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by specialguest(f): 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
I just watched good deeds! oMG its a lovely lovely movie! Seconded @ everyone who said good deeds.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by azeeza(f): 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
Yeah, atleast no madea drama.
specialguest: I just watched good deeds! oMG its a lovely lovely movie! Seconded @ everyone who said good deeds.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by odzey(m): 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Just watched "Temptations: Confessions of a Marriage Counsellor" 2day. The movie is great. Didn't know KimK could act like dat. Kudos to her. She did a good job. I had to download dat movie with ma mb, nd am xoxo happy I took dat decision even though most of ma mb is gone. I love that movie. Now I can say I have watched all Tyler Perry movies.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by kimco(m): 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
diary of a black woman and why did i get married too. Tyler perry movies...seen one seen them all, they lack originality to be honest, and ''madea'' is getting old. They even made a parody of it in the boondocks, forgotten which episode and season. Buh yeah, some of his actors are great, bar the recycled ones.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by specialguest(f): 10:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
azeeza: Yeah, atleast no madea drama.

Exactly! did you notice the two tickets he gave his girlfriend to come to Africa with him? It was boldly written Abv Abuja Nigeria on the tickets. I was so excited when i saw that part in the movie, wish Tyler perry was coming to Nigeria for real.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by kimco(m): 12:26am On Jul 19, 2013
specialguest:

Exactly! did you notice the two tickets he gave his girlfriend to come to Africa with him? It was boldly written Abv Abuja Nigeria on the tickets. I was so excited when i saw that, wish Tyler perry was coming to Nigeria for real.
Oh God, grow up and have some dignity man.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by specialguest(f): 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
kimco:
Oh God, grow up and have some dignity man.

Mr Man Did you forget to take your pills today? undecided

This thread is for Tyler perry's fans so if you dont admire his work kindly keep your unsolicited sentiments to yourself and find another thread that suits you.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2013
For coloured girls !! Amazing movie.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
For Nigerian Girls undecided
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
lucenzo: For Nigerian Girls undecided

Stop it grin grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by odzey(m): 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
specialguest:

This thread is for Tyler perry's fans so if you dont admire his work kindly keep your unsolicited sentiments to yourself and find another thread that suits you.

Thanks specialguest. Bt your reply actually got me laughing. Thanks for defendin a bro. So, which of his movies are you yet to see, or you have seen all of them?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by odzey(m): 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2013
specialguest:

Exactly! did you notice the two tickets he gave his girlfriend to come to Africa with him? It was boldly written Abv Abuja Nigeria on the tickets. I was so excited when i saw that part in the movie, wish Tyler perry was coming to Nigeria for real.

I didn't notice that part in the movie. The girlfriend, I guess you are talking about Gabrielle Union or is it Thandie Newton. I definitely have to watch the movie again. To everyone, don't let's insult one another, this thread is created to appreciated to works of a great black man. Am proud am black.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by specialguest(f): 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2013
odzey:

I didn't notice that part in the movie. The girlfriend, I guess you are talking about Gabrielle Union or is it Thandie Newton. I definitely have to watch the movie again. To everyone, don't let's insult one another, this thread is created to appreciated to works of a great black man. Am proud am black.

Hey op, the girlfriend am referring to is Thandie Newton. After he called off his engagement with gabriella union he headed straight to the office and met his janitor girlfriend cleaning. That was when he gave her two tickets and asked her to travel to africa with him. The tickets were briefly flashed and for a second and that was when i saw abv abuja nigeria.

Thankx for this lovely thread, good to know there are other tyler perry fans

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by Shizz: 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2013
odzey: Still yet to see his recent movie, "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counsellor". Does anyone know where i can get the movie? Is there anyone who has seen it or who has it?
#I'm By All Means a Strong Tyler Perry fan, But to be Honest, This His New Movie "Confessions of a Marriage Counsellor" no be am At all.. The Plot line Is Way too Predictable, the Acting is Hardly Believable, Story line Very Forgettable, too Clichè, too Redundatnt, Over Acted and Under-Directed With Zero Entertainment Value Sef. #a Very Mediocre Movie
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by kimco(m): 11:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
specialguest:

Ayt, point well taken
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by kimco(m): 11:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
Shizz: #I'm By All Means a Strong Tyler Perry fan, But to be Honest, This His New Movie "Confessions of a Marriage Counsellor" no be am At all.. The Plot line Is Way too Predictable, the Acting is Hardly Believable, Story line Very Forgettable, too Clichè, too Redundatnt, Over Acted and Under-Directed With Zero Entertainment Value Sef. #a Very Mediocre Movie
Actually most of his works are cliched. and madea is really not as appealing as she used to be. However some of his works are quite good.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by iamteekaygal(f): 12:27am On Jul 21, 2013
Why did I get married?
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by odzey(m): 1:02am On Jul 21, 2013
Shizz: #I'm By All Means a Strong Tyler Perry fan, But to be Honest, This His New Movie "Confessions of a Marriage Counsellor" no be am At all.. The Plot line Is Way too Predictable, the Acting is Hardly Believable, Story line Very Forgettable, too Clichè, too Redundatnt, Over Acted and Under-Directed With Zero Entertainment Value Sef. #a Very Mediocre Movie

Guess that's your own opinion and we all see things from different perspective. I still think that "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counsellor" has a very great storyline. At least, the message of the movie is very obvious . And if there's anything about Tyler Perry's movies, they always have one or two messages in them. His movies are always real and they deal with present day issues that we can always relate to. I know another die-hard fan and supporter of this great multi-talented man, @LindaIkeji, I remember listening to one of her radio interviews where she said she has a big crush on him. Still wondering why he's not yet married. Lolz.
Re: What's Your Favourite Tyler Perry Movie? by bknight: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

The Best TV Studios In Nigeria / Black American Actor Michael Jai Is Transformed Into A White Person For A Movie / Watch The Bbnaija Finale Live Video And Fans Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.