Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,011 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Catholics To Get Their Sins Pardoned Via Twitter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics To Get Their Sins Pardoned Via Twitter (431 Views)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. / We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi / Why Do Catholics Confess Their Sins To Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Catholics To Get Their Sins Pardoned Via Twitter by docjuli(m): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
Thousands of Catholic faithfuls can now afford a smile every time they log onto Twitter, expecting not just to connect with friends and follow trending topics and news across the world but a sweet tweet of forgiveness from Pope Francis I (@Pontifex).

According to the the Vatican’s Sacred Apostolic Penitentiary publication, Pope Francis I will be giving “plenary indulgences” (the forgiveness of sins and a special act that is said to reduce time in purgatory). on social media, something that was done in person, fearfully.

The Guardian reports “the Vatican has married one of its oldest traditions to the world of social media by offering “indulgences” to followers of Pope Francis‘ tweets. Indulgences reduce the time Catholics believe they will have to spend in purgatory after they have confessed and been absolved of their sins.

The indulgence however, is not to be made fun of but requires same old faith and devotion by the faithfuls. The Twitter forgiveness stand is only during the week-long Catholic World Youth Day, which is set for Rio de Janeiro July 22.

Faithful’s following event online or live TV or radio can ask for the indulgence as long as they are following the event and are “truly penitent and contrite” and in “requisite devotion”.

According to the Guardian, apart from Twitter, the Vatican also has an online news portal supported by an app, a Facebook page, and it plans to use the online social networking site Pinterest.

http://techmoran.com/catholics-to-get-their-sins-pardoned-on-twitter/
Re: Catholics To Get Their Sins Pardoned Via Twitter by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
Now that is progress.. talk about Divine Innovation, wish some other group will take this route send email viruses rather than blow up peeps
Re: Catholics To Get Their Sins Pardoned Via Twitter by plaetton: 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2013
And the farce continues..........

(1) (Reply)

DAILY MANNA Feeding On His Word Daily / A Still, Small Voice / What Does It Profit Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.