Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,772 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi (33032 Views)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by clicknewsnaija: 5:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
As expected mixed feelings have trailed Pastsor Kumuyi's statement with many Christians disagreeing with Pastor Kumuyi on his stance.

Director of Social Communications, Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos, Monsignor Gabriel Osu, in his reaction to Kumuyi’s proclamation, said:

“I don’t know what he means by saying the practice of celebrating Christmas is wrong.

“Is he saying that Christ wasn’t born? That he didn’t come to die for us? Does he not celebrate his own birthday? Do Kumuyi’s pastors not celebrate him? It is not everything I react to; some people just seek attention. If Kumuyi is a Christian, then he must believe in Christ.
“The ati of Christmas didn’t just start today; it is too public an event for anyone to say that they don’t know what it is about. “If Kumuyi is condemning the commercialization of Christmas, I can understand that. Christ came to redeem us from our lost state; this was actualised through his coming, his birth; that is why we celebrate Christmas. It is the fulfilment of God’s promise.”

“I saw him on the television a few days ago. He was in Akwa Ibom State and was the chief preacher during their Christmas celebration event. Kumuyi is just saying what he feels; he is not making any doctrinal statement.”

The spokesperson for the Christian Association of Nigeria, Oshodi chapter, Lagos State, Pastor Barnabas Otoibhi, said that Christmas was worth celebrating.

He said:

“The origin of Christmas, as we know it, could be traced to Roman Emperor, Constantine. Christmas was a day for celebrating the Sun God. However, because Constantine was a Christian, the day was changed to commemorate the birth of Jesus Christ.

“The tradition has continued to date and since the aim of Christmas is to celebrate Jesus since there is nothing bad in honoring Jesus. Also, the worship of the Sun God was done in Rome and not everywhere in the world, so it is not part of our history.

“We mark Christmas with the singing of songs as a day, which has now been consecrated.”

[/quote]/
http://p.pw/1FK

5 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Built2last: 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
Another letter writing about to start between Catholics and Deeper lifers.

8 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by checkdate(m): 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
ok

11 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by glimpse(f): 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
time to be an observer
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by damibravo(m): 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2013
Let Him know...

We are not moved by his Personal Opinion about the Celebration!

5 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by ignis: 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
Must every letter be replied?

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by petreli08: 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
Misleading topic

2 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by princesammmy: 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
Na wa o! I hope to achieve this status soon. that I will make a statement and millions will be arguing about it without me knowing.

a sure way to measure unemployment in Nigeria is to count how many are on nairaland

6 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sapien(m): 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kumuyi is such a hypocrite!
The same Kumuyi who is on facebook? Is Mark Zukerberg, owner of facebook, a christian?
The Same Kumuyi whose church worships on SUN-days(A pagan day)? The same Kumuyi who drives in luxurious cars made by atheists? Let him keep brainwashing his members who can't think outside the box!

56 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by checkdate(m): 12:38pm On Dec 24, 2013

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by princesammmy: 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
ignis: Must every letter be replied?

It was not even a letter but he was talking to his congregation, which I see no reason for them to reply

13 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by freda506(f): 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
why so many hidden posts?
Accuracy of the date is not the major thing but the motive which is sharing of love and helping the less privileged!

5 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
Nawa oo, what's the fuss about? Kumuyi was telling his church members oo.. haba

6 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by vanstanzy(m): 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
I support Christmas celebration. If Kumuyi doesnt, its his headache.

6 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by jalay(m): 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
i believe dis man of God.. honestly. indeed we ought to celebrate Christ everyday not xmas[s][/s] alone

16 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by vanstanzy(m): 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2013
Garri the 1st: Catholics worship Images of Mary, Jesus and other so-called saints. No difference between them and Pagans....

sad sad sad sad sad sad

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX FOR ONCE.

20 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by jossy1luv(f): 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
Is this the new trend in nigeria? Letter writing kiss

3 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by checkdate(m): 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
freda506: why so many hidden posts?
WHY NAH? FOR WHAT?
Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by sylve11: 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
Religion na blind bat. cool

1 Like

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by jalay(m): 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
sapien: Kumuyi is such a hypocrite!
The same Kumuyi who is on facebook? Is Mark Zukerberg, owner of facebook, a christian?
The Same Kumuyi whose church worships on SUN-days(A pagan day)? The same Kumuyi who drives in luxurious cars made by atheists? Let him keep brainwashing his members who can't think outside the box!
wrong impression.. dont critize

5 Likes

Re: We Will Celebrate Christmas - Catholics To Kumuyi by Donvitalis(m): 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
Every religion is entitled to their own principles, as every denomination, so it should be respected. Judgement is solely for the most high.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Smart Phones Are Demonic: A Nairalanders Experience / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / 2-year-Old Girl Preaching At Christ Embassy In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.