Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog (577 Views)

7 Ways To Encourage Comments On Your Blogs By Mediapace / How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments / Why You Should Not Use Google Adsense On Your Blog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
As a blogger, if you have not received any negative comments about one of your blog posts...You Will!

You need to understand that not everyone is going to agree with you...and that is okay.

You can not take negative comments personally. If you do, it will drive you crazy.

Negative Comments Can Be A Good Thing

Believe it or not (you should believe it), comments that tend to be negative are a sign of growth of your blog. As your blog gets bigger and more popular, you will also see a growth in comments that tend to be negative.

This does not mean that you should try to piss off your readers. You have to remember that you can not please everyone all the time, so you should not even try to do so. There will be a diverse group of readers that comment on your blog and that is good for you.

Negative Comments Can Encourage Good Discussion

I think you would agree that your blog would be boring if every reader commented "Great post, I love what you have written". Comments that are negative only encourages conversation and not just between you and the commenter but with all your readers. You will find that many of your readers will defend your position and many of your readers will not. The negative comments will bring readers from both view points to post their comments about the issue.

Don't Believe People When They Say They Are Leaving Your Blog

There are very few people that will say that they are leaving your site and will never return and actually do what they say. It is possible they may not visit as often but it is rare that they never return. Some people love controversy and will continue to return to read what you have to say so they can disagree with you...that's okay!

How Should You Handle A Negative Comment

The best way you can handle a negative comment is to thank the reader for making their point and addressing their concerns. Never fight back at the commenter, you would look very unprofessional.

I would recommend that you edit out any profanity from readers comments but never just delete the post. Remember that any comment, both good and bad, will drive traffic to your blog.

Have you ever had someone leave a negative comment on your blog? If so, how did you handle it?

Do you think there is a better way to handle these type of comments on your blog?
Re: How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog by Ternalange(m): 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2013
the same way i treat people that say negative things about me. i totally ignore. i know, not the best, but that is my method. i prefer not to dignify their negative comment with a response
Re: How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 26, 2013
I do reply them back

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Design A Website For You At 10,000 Naira Only / How To Find A Website Admin Page......................... / How To Get TRAFFIC And Make Changes On This Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.