Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,619 members, 7,820,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York (25806 Views)

Ada Onyilokwu Nigerian, Dies In London (photo) / Nigerian Man With Valid US Visa Arrested At JFK Airport In New York / What Oyinbo Man Did To Me At Jfk Airport New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by tpia5: 4:57am On Jul 19, 2013
i wonder who took that picture.

the kids dont seem comfortable with it at all.
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by tpia5: 4:58am On Jul 19, 2013
Ogunseye’s black backpack -- containing a laptop computer and his Bible -- might have been stolen after he collapsed.

Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by supaeagles(m): 5:27am On Jul 19, 2013
tpia@:
i wonder who took that picture.
the kids dont seem comfortable with it at all.
a man has died and that is all you can think of? Think back of your own childhood and how many times you vex and acted like a blockhead .

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:02am On Jul 19, 2013
Zither: don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. If you should blame anybody then you should blame death.

I normally don't let my imagination run off with me, buh what if the said man had passed out at MM2?

The ambulance peeps may have had to rearrange his rigor mortis stiffened body before placing him on a stretcher!

It was just time to go, I think. Bro, you're quite right. Imagine having a heart attack and help doesn't get there on time! Two minutes lost is like years as the brain is starved of oxygen...

I had to read the post again for anger to ebb...Security system! same thing that would've (or may have) stopped our brother from being blown to bits by a suicide bomber, ended up doing him in!

So sad...

However, I'm not excusing the glitch, but any Nigerian blaming the system for this only need check where the other 4 fingers're pointing...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Airforce1(m): 6:02am On Jul 19, 2013
Rip to the dead
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by HonKontigi: 6:18am On Jul 19, 2013
Babzilla: THE THOUGHT OF COMING BACK TO NIGERIA
PROBABLY BROUGHT ABOUT THE CARDIAC ARREST
If u hav nothing sensible to say, don't say it here!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 19, 2013
Afam4eva: RIP

it's only when a Nigerian is involved that their card will not work.
based on what stats? Are you a frequent international flyer? How many times have you seen paramedics feigned a door refusing to open when they were told it is a nigerian. You think the white man is like the Evil and wicked blackman that goes looking for his tribes man only to help and what will they gain by having the man die?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by IleIfe2(m): 7:09am On Jul 19, 2013
The thought of facing those good for nothing immigration officers, and naija police, kidnappers armed robbers etc must have killed the poor man. RIP sir.
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by ldpele(m): 7:22am On Jul 19, 2013
NLers must u quarelling everyday,raining insults,na wa o. R.I.P n my condolence to d family
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by tiebe: 7:29am On Jul 19, 2013
Built2last:

Oga, you don't have to insult anybody...if you have ever travelled the easiest thing to find on you is your passpot. Do you need 30 seconds to know his nationality with his passpot on him?

just to be clear, do you think its cos he was Nigerian that response was delayed?

and
Justosaus: u guys can all say wateva u want to say, but i still suspect foulplay! Sometimes i tend to believe those guys are even as racist as the British, if not Germans. They might have known that he was African, prompting their usual i-don't-care attitude they usually display when it comes to aiding foreigners. So if security card's not working, a completely innocent man has to die for it? And there were no ambulances within d premises that they had to send for frm the street?

what gave rise to ur suspicion of foulplay here please? and careful there, Nigerians are SUSPECTED of being the most racist in the world. only thing be say, we no get power to show pple pepper like westerners.

Built2last:

I am not saying you need any form of identity to get assistance...I am simply saying that you don't need 20mins to figure out his identity.His passpot will be very handy...probably still holding it when he collapsed.Not just paramedics but airpot security will rush towards him as he fell.

in this report, was there any proof that airport security did not rush to him? cos somewhere in there, i read 'when the emts were called, it was reported he was unresponsive but breathing'. who reported that? dunno. even if they did rush to him, how would they have helped without the equipment of EMTS?

The fact he was nigerian hs nothing to do with the response he was given. now, difference btw a lot of Nigerians and the westerners, instead of finding out how to 'learn from events' and make sure this doesnt happen again (e.g, quickly rectifying the access card issue or making sure there's a standby emt within the building to hold forte till the main ones come in the event of an emergency), we instead blame it on tribe/race/luck to which there is no remedy.
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Pataki: 8:24am On Jul 19, 2013

Afam, you strongly have issues. Here is a quote from you, which succinctly addresses you appropriately:
Afam4eva: That someone went to school does not mean the person is smart.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Skmoda360(m): 8:42am On Jul 19, 2013
dammymadboi: Discrimination
Seconded
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Akanbiedu(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2013

Victim mentality. To think some people debate with this guy......what a waste!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by tomzman: 9:06am On Jul 19, 2013
May God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2013
donsax:

Shut up...you fuc..king racists, how would they know within 2minutes if he was a Nigerian or a New yorker? Is Nigerian written on face.

Which one be new yoker abeg?*confuse*
And as for your question yes,they know that he is a nigerian.
Because he is a black,and he gats passports and I'd.so don't even claim to be the mr do good
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Flygerian1(m): 9:56am On Jul 19, 2013
Well...
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 19, 2013
If this is happening for the first tym, Y must it happen when a Nigeria needed Urgent help? Let them make sure is only heart attack was involved,,,RIP MAN
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Adadio: 9:59am On Jul 19, 2013
What a loss. I hope he rests in peace.
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by omar22(m): 10:17am On Jul 19, 2013
I smell a serious lawsuit coming someone is going to fork out millions

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Melancholy(m): 11:34am On Jul 19, 2013
When security doors are too many how can people survive?!
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by JbravoAdodger(m): 11:35am On Jul 19, 2013
Babzilla: THE THOUGHT OF COMING BACK TO NIGERIA
PROBABLY BROUGHT ABOUT THE CARDIAC ARREST

Lol spoken like a true southafrican
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by MrsChima(f): 11:43am On Jul 19, 2013
Awwwwwww.
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Kingharzyz(m): 11:48am On Jul 19, 2013
tejpot: Life is short. Accept Christ before it's too late. RIP to d dead.
you too accept islam before you're late...haabaa anything anything una go dey shout christ christ...this common to some extremist in christiandom...shior oponu
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by sweetgala(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
The process of air travel is so stressful these days it can put one under unwanted duress. I hate airports,and in over 11 years I've travelled by air less than 5 times. Its just not for me.

RIP
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by KayDee4: 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2013

A clear case of chronic paranoia.

You need urgent attention.
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by Abyzan(m): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
much painful loss....be prepared! you know not when your time on earth will exhaust....Jesus is the way
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by tpia5: 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
Dont those access cards get tested on a regular basis?

What was the reason for the system failure not once, but twice.
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by tejpot(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

No I wont!!!
Thank God for ur life, first is the exact fact that you know it all and second is ur outright knowledge of Christ which will influence ur decision momentarily. Prayers are on for u and many other great minds. Welcome to His household
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by tejpot(m): 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
King harzyz: you too accept islam before you're late...haabaa anything anything una go dey shout christ christ...this common to some extremist in christiandom...shior oponu
For the benefit of those who don't know what 'oponu' is, it means stewpid. If that is what obeying the great commission will bring me, I accept! But candidly speaking, Islam must have tot u meekness and piety esp in d most heralded Ramadan. His yoke is light! Christ the king.
Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by princeonx: 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2013
Justosaus: u guys can all say wateva u want to say, but i still suspect foulplay! Sometimes i tend to believe those guys are even as racist as the British, if not Germans. They might have known that he was African, prompting their usual i-don't-care attitude they usually display when it comes to aiding foreigners. So if security card's not working, a completely innocent man has to die for it? And there were no ambulances within d premises that they had to send for frm the street?
The whole world is ashamed of you! Smdh!

Re: Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York by DECOtech(m): 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2013
REALITY101: Sad news. My prayers goes to his family and friends.

Did I hear Lawsuit ?
or you are suggesting lawsuit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brake Failure Causes Accident In Lekki, One Dead, Others Injured (Photos) / I Am Considering Japa For The First Time In My Life. The Hardship Is Unbearable / How To Deal With Strong-armed Robbery In Lagos Traffic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.