Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,284 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Best Shock And Strut For 2010 Nissan Murano - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Shock And Strut For 2010 Nissan Murano (1768 Views)

Brake Disk For 2010 Honda Accord 3.5L, V6 / Difference Between Shock And Strut / Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Shock And Strut For 2010 Nissan Murano by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 19, 2013
I recently change both the factory made oem strut and shock in my wife car with KYB brand. Although the ride and the control is good on a smooth road, she still keep complaining about the ride on a bumpy road. Seriously, i used her car recently and i must confess that the car doesnt feel good anytime i drive over a bumpy road. But on a smooth road, you will love the ride and control. Definitely, the control arm are ok and the problem is mainly the shock

I will like to replace the rear shock and leave the front strut and shock assembly (still want to keep the control ride that KYB are renown for).So, what is the best shock that i can buy in Nigeria for the rear shock assembly.Also, where can i get it.

Any advice and recommendation will be highly appreciated.
Re: Best Shock And Strut For 2010 Nissan Murano by nissparts(m): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
Original Nissan brand- N50,000 for the rear set
Original KYB brand- N36,000 for the rear set
Re: Best Shock And Strut For 2010 Nissan Murano by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
nissparts: Original Nissan brand- N50,000 for the rear set
Re: Best Shock And Strut For 2010 Nissan Murano by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
nissparts: Original Nissan brand- N50,000 for the rear set

I need something that is not as stiff as the OEM part or KYB. The OEM and KYB are too stiff for the Nigeria road and you can feel the impact on bumpy road but are so smooth on good roads.

I am willing to sacrifice the better control and lower center of gravity that OEM and KYB gives and have install another shock that can reduce the impact. Hope u get what i mean.

Someone told me that they can inject more gas into a KYB or OEM shock at Ladipo. Thereby, it will reduce the impact felt on bumpy road. Is that true and do you know anything about that?
Re: Best Shock And Strut For 2010 Nissan Murano by nissparts(m): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
What you seek is impossible.
The murano has a sport suspension and is manufactured like that.
Same thing with other models in the SE lineup like the Altima SE.
Those ones have an alternative in the S models with softer suspension but the murano does not have any.
However, for the level of discomfort you are experiencing you may be surprised to find that the shocks are not to blame. Just something to think about.
Re: Best Shock And Strut For 2010 Nissan Murano by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
nissparts: What you seek is impossible.
The murano has a sport suspension and is manufactured like that.
Same thing with other models in the SE lineup like the Altima SE.
Those ones have an alternative in the S models with softer suspension but the murano does not have any.
However, for the level of discomfort you are experiencing you may be surprised to find that the shocks are not to blame. Just something to think about.

I checked the front and rear control arm and they are ok. Isssue is that the car is wiffey car and she is pregnant and can easily feel the bunp and grind of our road. Alternative is to get a new car for her or try an aftermarket softer suspension.

Do you in anyway have a Monroe rear shock? I know it give a softer ride but less control. I just need something less stiff for the LE model. OEM and KYB are too stiff
Re: Best Shock And Strut For 2010 Nissan Murano by nissparts(m): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
I'm not aware of a monroe shock for the 2010 model
Re: Best Shock And Strut For 2010 Nissan Murano by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
nissparts: I'm not aware of a Monroe shock for the 2010 model

Ok.............. Just checked now and realize that Monroe doesn't have a product for 2nd generation Murano. But, i know i have read it on Nissan forum that there is an aftermarket Monroe air shock that can be adapted for Murano. Just cant track down the thread yet.

So, apart from OEM shock and KYB shock, there are no other shock in the market for 2nd Gen Murano?

Men, that sucks............

(1) (Reply)

Are Americans Bad Drivers? Why Do They Have Lots Of Salvage Vehicles / Honda Accord 2018 - No More V6, R Engine Introduced! / 10 Things That Can Make Your Car Look More Beautiful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.