Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:36 AM

How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code (22878 Views)

How To Use Any SIM With Any Modem Without Unlocking The Modem / Unlock Huawei E303 Modem And All Stubborn Modem Unlock Difficulties Solved! / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
Unlocking your USB Internet Modems is a great way of making sure that wherever you go, you are able to surf the internet on just about any network. Unfortunately some usb internet modems which are locked to the network provider might prove a bit difficult to unlock and MTN Nigeria’s FastLink Huawei modem is one of such modems.
For some reason, some MTN FastLink usb modems just don’t pop-up a window asking for an unlock code and that has baffled a lot of folks including me. Well one of the visitors here seems to have found a way to unlock his own Fastlink modem and has been gracious enough to share how he did it with me.
Here are the steps to unlocking your MTN Nigeria FastLink Huawei modem without any unlock code.

STEP 1
Insert the SIM card you’d like to browse with inside your MTN FastLink Modem and then plug it into your computer/laptop.
STEP 2
Launch the MTN FastLink Connection Manager, go to Tools and then Network as shown in the image below. Under Network Type, select 3G preferred and Band GSM900/GSM1800/WCDMA2100. Click Apply

STEP 3
Go the Registration Mode tab and select Manual search and register. Click on Refresh and wait a minute after which the list of all networks within the reach of the modem will be displayed. Select the network you’d like to connect to and click Register.
NOTE: If you have an Etisalat SIM card in the modem, you choose Etisalat or 62160 (2G)

Wait for the modem to Register to your selected network and then click OK to exit the options area.

Step 4
The network of your choice should now be showing at the bottom left corner of the connection software. Simply select the Connection profile for your network and click Connect and you’re good to go..

HOW TO CONNECT TO OTHER NETWORKS USING AN UNLOCKED USB MODEM
Once your USB modem has been unlocked, you can now browse with any of the GSM networks BUT you will need to fill in their respective internet settings for you to be able to connect freely.
Under your dashboard, click on Tools then Options under which you’d now select Profile Management.

Under Profile Management, click on New and fill in the following for each network you want to setup
PROFILE NAME: APN USERNAME PASSWORD
ETISALAT: etisalat, Leave Blank, Leave Blank
GLO: gloflat , flat, flat
MTN: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net, web, web
AIRTEL: internet.ng.airtel.com, internet, internet

Once you’re done setting up a network, click Save to save the settings, then New if you want to set up another network.
When you’re through setting up the networks, go back to the Connection page, select the network you want to browse with, then click connect. If everything was setup properly, you should be able to browse without a hitch unless the network is experiencing problems @ that point in time.

leave a comment and let me know if you are having any problem
Re: How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code by Shawnpp(m): 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2013
I tried to to register my mtn sim on a glonetpro modem, bet it failed to register. tried it with other networks but still failed to register. pls respond.
Re: How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 21, 2013
Follow the steps above but I have not tested it with Glo Modem but right now I am using all networks to browse on my MTN Huawei Modem... just follow the steps above very well
Re: How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code by shacuter: 12:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
Shawnpp: I tried to to register my mtn sim on a glonetpro modem, bet it failed to register. tried it with other networks but still failed to register. pls respond.

if your huawei modem is locked with your current network, you need to unlcok it . You can unlock it by using huawei modem unlocking servcie . You can get it from any of the online vendors like http://www.classicunlocking.com/huawei-modem-unlocking-service/rs5wp10/ to unlock it to use all GSm networks .

2 Likes

Re: How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code by Gidds4real(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
Pls hw can I unlock etisalat Huawei modem E5830 so that I can use it wit other network...pls I will like u to send me d steps... Thx
Re: How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code by femi4: 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
Gidds4real: Pls hw can I unlock etisalat Huawei modem E5830 so that I can use it wit other network...pls I will like u to send me d steps... Thx
imei?
Re: How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code by SalC: 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
Re: How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code by slade31: 9:54am On Mar 28, 2015
Pls help me unlock etisalat modem ZTE model MF6311. IMEI 861424010497618 thank u
Re: How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code by Cvesta(m): 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2015
Re: How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code by Cvesta(m): 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2015
My Mtn Hauwei modem Detect Any Sim Put Into It But Doesnt Connect And There Is No Space To Create New Profile.Hw Do I Make Glo Connect On It?

(1) (Reply)

Download To Reset Your Huawei Modem Unlock Count To Zero / Macbook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Pro Unboxing And Price / What Is The Difference Between LAPTOPS And NOTEBOOK?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.