Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Best Nigerian University For Phd In Engineering - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Nigerian University For Phd In Engineering (702 Views)

Can An MBA Holder Go For A Phd In Management? / Some Important Tips Needed To Survive A PhD / How Good Is Abia State University For Phd Economics (financial Engineering)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Nigerian University For Phd In Engineering by omo1010: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hello!!! career minded guys in the house,

I need your honest advice on the best Nigerian university for a PhD programme in Engineering.
I worked in three companies in Nigeria with 6 years cumulative experience as an engineer before i left the country for my MSc. In the course of doing the programme I saw the need to pursue PhD immediately because i need to rechannel my career, but my constraint is that my wife and son are in Nigeria and I am not interested in moving the family abroad.

A minimum of additional three years for the PhD programme is too long a time to be far from by young family, so i am considering doing the programme in Nigeria but would like to know the best university to choose.it is unfortunate i cannot do these finding online because majority of our universities do not have current staff list/profile on their sites.
your assessment should base on the facilities, quality of lecturers and the possibility of graduating as at when due (minus ASUU strike grin)from records.

Moderator, pls FP cos I need good response for urgent decision.
Re: Best Nigerian University For Phd In Engineering by Admitwithschola: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
omo1010: Hello!!! career minded guys in the house,

I need your honest advice on the best Nigerian university for a PhD programme in Engineering.
I worked in three companies in Nigeria with 6 years cumulative experience as an engineer before i left the country for my MSc. In the course of doing the programme I saw the need to pursue PhD immediately because i need to rechannel my career, but my constraint is that my wife and son are in Nigeria and I am not interested in moving the family abroad.

A minimum of additional three years for the PhD programme is too long a time to be far from by young family, so i am considering doing the programme in Nigeria but would like to know the best university to choose.it is unfortunate i cannot do these finding online because majority of our universities do not have current staff list/profile on their sites.
your assessment should base on the facilities, quality of lecturers and the possibility of graduating as at when due (minus ASUU strike grin)from records.

Moderator, pls FP cos I need good response for urgent decision.

Universities of Technology in Nigeria seem like the place where something close to real engineering is done. I could be wrong, though..Try FUTA.

But, if I were you, I would definitely fight for a good school in Canada or America and take my family there for the 4 to 5-year period of the PhD programme. But that is just me. And I continue to see people that do this.

(1) (Reply)

British American Tobacco Online Test / Jamb 2014/2015 Utme Registration Form Out Bulk Pin/card For Sale / Electrical Load Balancing, Wiring And Rural Electrification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.