Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? (690 Views)

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream / What Will You Do If You Caught Your Elder Brother Doing This? / Your Husband Leased To Your Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by Viciyke(m): 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
Am asking this question based on the fact that most of us who are younger in the family, our elder once are the people responsible for our upkeep and education.

For me the story is very different, am d last child in a family of nine and you won't believe it that i trained myself through the university without getting a kobo from my elder once. You may be wondering you but the funny truth is that I hate begging 4 money rather i wud expect my elder once 2 ask me if i need money but they never asked. I hustle 4 myself and succeeded in training myself through my university education.

Now sum of you may be wondering why i created this topic, well d reason is this. A few weeks back i happen 2 stumble upon one of my elder brothers discussing with a friend of his and boasting that he has spent all his money on his younger brother's education (referring 2 me) and i was stunned and this my brother is a vry stingy guy dat even borrows money from me and he is my senior with about 12yrs and he works in a reputable firm with a salary in excess of about 400k to 500k. The kind of luk i gave 2 him when he made that comment made him 2 feel vry embarrassed.

Am proud i took care of myslf cos dats d way my mum brought me up. So to all d younger siblings in the family, who took care of you?

Thanks.
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by EfemenaXY: 8:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
@OP, good on you for seeing your education through to completion and supporting yourself too. It shows you've got a level head on your shoulders. smiley

But what about your parents? Why didn't they assist you? I'm assuming you're based in Naija - and what you've achieved is no mean feat.

Kudos on you.
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by Viciyke(m): 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
My parents are divorced, i grew up wit my mum and seeing what she has to go through taking care of nine children sent cold shivers through my spine so i let her be. Although she does assist me wen am seriously in need of it. May God Bless Her Memory for me (RIP Mum).
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by dayokanu(m): 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
I am the first born so thats expected
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by nne4(f): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
@op what kind ot biz were u doing.
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
Diverse mantras, Ideas and thoughts.

Not every culture distinctly have it that the first son would be showered with attention and financial assistance, most places u'd have the younger ones been trained as the eldest would be deemed big enough to train himself.

Maybe am talking from experience, maybe Not.
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by EfemenaXY: 8:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
^^ Must you always type with blue fonts?? angry angry
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
Kudos op! U r definitely going places but pls o,try not to hold it against them so that ur joy may be complete.
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by bmasz(m): 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
I being supported by my elder ones, though I wished I could support myself. Its sort of demeaning to think that I would be owning them a favour or two in future. In a way their support makes me unusually very serious with my academics. Am highly grateful for your help BIG BROS
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 19, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Must you always type with blue fonts?? angry angry

Lol!

Sweetheart thats my Signature - El the blue font guy...

First time u're hitting me on tis issue in how many years? embarassed
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by EfemenaXY: 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Kudos op! U r definitely going places but pls o,try not to hold it against them so that ur joy may be complete.

Well said.

El Guapo:

Lol!

Sweetheart thats my Signature - El the blue font guy...

First time u're hitting me on tis issue in how many years? embarassed

Just couldn't take it anymore. The thing na eye-sore embarassed undecided
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
Efemena_xy: Just couldn't take it anymore. The thing na eye-sore embarassed undecided

And who said that Wives cant Influence their husband's decisions? grin

Here am I, thinking of how to change my font embarassed
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by EfemenaXY: 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
*** Sniggers...*** grin

@OP sorry for the derailment. Na this Chelsea supporter cause am... tongue
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
Efemena_xy: *** Sniggers...*** grin

@OP sorry for the derailment. Na this Chelsea supporter cause am... tongue

Lol cheesy
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by madampresident(f): 9:37am On Jul 21, 2013
@ op...Looks like we got something in common. I am the last of seven children.
My elder ones never assisted in my academics and i never asked.The one time my eldest bro promised to send me something,he never did,though i was hurt but then they are family, right? wink
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by jmoore(m): 10:17am On Jul 21, 2013
My father did everything and he is still doing it, he is equal to the task.

I will sponsor myself for my masters next year.
Re: Does Your Elder Once Assist You In Your Education? by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:07am On Jul 21, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Must you always type with blue fonts?? angry angry
So that Ѱє̲̣̣̣̥ can know he has money ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ blue inks!

(1) (Reply)

Sons Vs Daughters – Who Cares More For Parents? / Naming Ur Child Monday, Friday And Sunday ... What Does It Really Mean / CHOOSE ONE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.