Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful (675 Views)

We Expect Monday Meeting With FG To Be Fruitful – ASUU / ASUU Expects Monday Meeting With President Jonathan To Be Fruitful / ASUU Strike: Fg In Crucial Meeting With ASUU Today •‘talks With Vcs Fruitful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by FPHRESH: 9:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
I am a high institution aspirant hoping by the grace of God to be registered with one of the high institutions (be it Uni or Poly) in Nigeria by next year.
I like dealing with figures. Having a great passion, reasonable level of understanding and love for Mathematics and Physics, I earlier wanted to study either Mathematics or Statistics but lately developed the feeling that graduates of those courses has a limited future.
Now my mind can't picture any alternate course. So, am appealing to every Nairaland forum member to help me out by suggesting a course/courses I can offer and prosper with; detailing me the chances. Or revealing to me my possible future if I go for the aformentioned course(maths or stats).
Candid advice and encouragments will also be appreciated.
I want to make my years in the high institution fruitful. Thanks for the time offered in reading this as I anticipate for your comments.
Re: I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by nenergy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
My Fellow Nairalander, nobody knows you but you. So follow your heart, study your course of choice (the one you'll perform effortlessly at) because Nigerian companies operate "a degree in any discipline" job recruitments requirement. Success with school and don't be distracted by campus 'life'.

1 Like

Re: I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by Ujawissy: 9:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
WHY NOT GIVE ENGINEERING A TRIAL

1 Like

Re: I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by donem: 10:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
I wont recommend any course of study for you, all i can say is follow the advice of the First poster on this thread, he gave the advice i was about giving to you, remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by AbuMikey(m): 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
Booked!
Re: I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by FPHRESH: 12:08am On Jul 20, 2013
Thank you all. I will still reconsider my 1st choices. I appreciate. And as of Engineering; I will weigh it in my scale. But which field of engineering? UJAWISSY
Re: I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by webcam(m): 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2013
@poster since you have parsion for mathimatics why dint you go for Accounting or economics?
Re: I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by Atolagbe1: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2013
@op. I'm a 200L Statistics student at University Of Nigeria Nsukka,Statistics as a discipline give u d opportunity to work in any field of human endeavour be it CBN,NAFDAC,Any Government parastatals/Ministries,UNICEF,Financial analyst,Data analyst,Nigerian Stock Exchange,Auditing Firms e.t.c so, stat no beans ooo!
Re: I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by FPHRESH: 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
Webcam. Thanks for your contribution but I 've already weighed those courses before choosing Statistics.
And to you ATOLAGBE, thanks for surfacing. Please with your experience so far as a statistics student, can you enlighten me more on my possible outcome if I should walk along the path of statistics with you.
Re: I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by Atolagbe1: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
What else?? Put in for BSC Statistics man for a rewarding future,Let me give u an example the senior statistician at CBN graduated frm my dept in 1997;and now he is earning up to #2.5m per month.Note in stat u need d skills to analayse.
Re: I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by Atolagbe1: 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
TO truly know d beauty of Statistics,let me give u some clues....
Time series:It is used to know the time interval of sales in industry.
Index number:It is used in stock exchange to know the % increase or decrease with respect to time.
Operation research:It is used to determine marketing strategy and structure.
Sampling techniques:It is used in auditing at financial houses et al.
Re: I Want My 4-5years In School Fruitful by FPHRESH: 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
You 've lifted my spirit man. Thanks a million ATOLAGBE. Let me go work 2wards my admission. But pls, is thr any other thing I need to knw dat cud enhanc my learning durin d course. Lyk learnin strategies or skill I need 2 acquire b4/during d course 2 keep me ahead.

(1) (Reply)

Unizik Releases 2013/2014 Departments Cut-off Marks / . / 2013/14 Admission Session Into Nigerian Universities Must End 31, October - Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.