Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? (8192 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by kentochdis(m): 10:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hi everyone, I have been following the Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free and other related post on this forum for a while now and I have noticed that one recent (3 to 4 months now) problem that keeps coming up is that of "which Nigerian Bank Card is one supposed to use for payment on Aliexpress?"

I used my UBA Africard to make purchases from 4 different stores on Aliexpress in May 2013 and they were all successful. Two weeks after that, I noticed that some members of this forum were complaining that their UBA Africard was no longer accepted on the site, some people suggested GTB MasterCard, another set of people complained saying that their GTB MasterCard were also rejected. Later, somebody informed forum members that Aliexpress now only accepts Credit Cards No more Debit Cards (I went to Aliexpress to confirm this information and it was true). I went to our Bank websites and discover that UBA Africard, UBA MasterCard, GTB MasterCard, GTB VisaCard and All others bank cards I checked were all Debit Cards. I was disappointed because I thought I could no longer continue with the mini importation business.

Later in June I purchased ladies hand bag and other stuff with my UBA Africard on aliexprss and the payment was successful. Last Week I bought a Tab and other stuff with the same card and payment was still successful. Remember, all this time people kept saying Aliexpress does not accept UBA AfriCard, GTB MasterCard or other Nigerian Cards (Debit Cards).

Now, I have seen a lot of people on nairaland that have also been using their cards whether UBA, GTB or others Nigerian cards on aliexpress. The solution is not really jumping from one bank card to another bank, but rather to find out what makes some cards accepted and others not accepted. I really wish I knew the answer, I just know that my UBA Africard is personalized. So if anyone in these banks can help us out, it will help our brothers who have already acquired 2 cards and non worked for them on aliexpress. Cheers

You can find some of the stuff i've been importing for sales at http://www.hostketcom.com/ketcomshop.html
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by Kingslaw(m): 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ok.thanks
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by kentochdis(m): 11:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
Kingslaw: Ok.thanks

You'll welcome.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by vivnwa(f): 4:57am On Jul 20, 2013
@kentochdis sorry to draw u back. Pls do u mean one can actually do importations into nija on aliexpress. Pls educate me, really interested.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by kentochdis(m): 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2013
vivnwa: @kentochdis sorry to draw u back. Pls do u mean one can actually do importations into nija on aliexpress. Pls educate me, really interested.

Wow! yes dear, loads of Nigerians are into the 'Mini-Importation' business. Pls note the word I used Mini-Importation, which focuses on small scale importation. In the B part of your question, you asked that I educate you. To be honest, all you need has all been discussed on nairaland. Read the following treads to get you Bsc in the Mini-importation business. I encourage you to take time and read everything as you'll learn a lot of tricks and strategy to succeed in it.

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 1 - https://www.nairaland.com/1116339/it-yourself-importation-guide-free
Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - https://www.nairaland.com/1186199/it-yourself-importation-guide-free

If you however want a one on one tutorial then you can contact me. Cheers
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by Devisiyi(m): 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
pls do you need token to pay for goods at aliexpress using your GTBANK MASTER CARD?
kentochdis: Hi everyone, I have been following the Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free and other related post on this forum for a while now and I have noticed that one recent (3 to 4 months now) problem that keeps coming up is that of "which Nigerian Bank Card is one supposed to use for payment on Aliexpress?"

I used my UBA Africard to make purchases from 4 different stores on Aliexpress in May 2013 and they were all successful. Two weeks after that, I noticed that some members of this forum were complaining that their UBA Africard was no longer accepted on the site, some people suggested GTB MasterCard, another set of people complained saying that their GTB MasterCard were also rejected. Later, somebody informed forum members that Aliexpress now only accepts Credit Cards No more Debit Cards (I went to Aliexpress to confirm this information and it was true). I went to our Bank websites and discover that UBA Africard, UBA MasterCard, GTB MasterCard, GTB VisaCard and All others bank cards I checked were all Debit Cards. I was disappointed because I thought I could no longer continue with the mini importation business.

Later in June I purchased ladies hand bag and other stuff with my UBA Africard on aliexprss and the payment was successful. Last Week I bought a Tab and other stuff with the same card and payment was still successful. Remember, all this time people kept saying Aliexpress does not accept UBA AfriCard, GTB MasterCard or other Nigerian Cards (Debit Cards).

Now, I have seen a lot of people on nairaland that have also been using their cards whether UBA, GTB or others Nigerian cards on aliexpress. The solution is not really jumping from one bank card to another bank, but rather to find out what makes some cards accepted and others not accepted. I really wish I knew the answer, I just know that my UBA Africard is personalized. So if anyone in these banks can help us out, it will help our brothers who have already acquired 2 cards and non worked for them on aliexpress. Cheers

You can find some of the stuff i've been importing for sales at http://www.hostketcom.com/ketcomshop.html
kentochdis: Hi everyone, I have been following the Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free and other related post on this forum for a while now and I have noticed that one recent (3 to 4 months now) problem that keeps coming up is that of "which Nigerian Bank Card is one supposed to use for payment on Aliexpress?"

Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by kentochdis(m): 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2013
Devisiyi: pls do you need token to pay for goods at aliexpress using your GTBANK MASTER CARD?

Oga Devisiyi, these are the things am talking about, some people make payment with GTBANK MASTER CARD without a token and it is successful while others try it and it doesn't work. Look through the post below and you'll understand what am talking about.

https://www.nairaland.com/1186199/it-yourself-importation-guide-free/161

If people in the banking industry can help us out and explain why this is so it will help a lot. Cheers.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by presegsADESIDA(m): 3:54am On Jul 21, 2013
kentochdis:

Oga Devisiyi, these are the things am talking about, some people make payment with GTBANK MASTER CARD without a token and it is successful while others try it and it doesn't work. Look through the post below and you'll understand what am talking about.

https://www.nairaland.com/1186199/it-yourself-importation-guide-free/161

If people in the banking industry can help us out and explain why this is so it will help a lot. Cheers.

It seems GTBank that now require OTP before you can proceed.With that,you need a token and I will advise you to go and get one.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by kentochdis(m): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
presegsADESIDA:

It seems GTBank that now require OTP before you can proceed.With that,you need a token and I will advise you to go and get one.

For the GTBank MasterCard (debit card), I got the Token more than 3 or 4 years ago. I pay for Hosting and other stuff with it and have never been asked to use my token with it, but, when am doing bank transfers I use it (the token), in this case, the transfer is from the bank website. When am using my MasterCard for online payment, it's the card numbers I enter on the sellers site (not GTBank site). Cheers

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by sunnshyn(f): 4:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
I saw this post and then contacted Kentochdis as the many grammar on the DIY mini importation was confusing...

Thank you so much man! I just placed my first orders of wristwatches on Aliexpress....Your encouragement really boosted my spirit. And yes! I paid with my debit VISA card and it went through...

I had to call my banking officer and asked why some people's debit cards were rejected and others accepted. She said she coudnt explain why, but it may be as a result of the account being a savings one.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by kentochdis(m): 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
@sunnshyn, thanks for the shout out and contacting your bank. I think that was an angle I didn't think about before. Welcome to the club. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by kentochdis(m): 7:46am On Jul 25, 2013
Do we have any more reports about our debit cards not getting accepted on Aliexpress?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by emeka94(m): 1:00am On Oct 19, 2014
Can I use my first bank master card to make payments on Aliexpress
?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by Trut(m): 4:04am On Oct 19, 2014
The best card for online shopping and paypal verification is Access Bank Visa Debit Card. Merchants hardly decline their Card and their exchange rate is the best.

UBA Cards are the worst, their exchange is too high. Access Bank charges N163 + some kobos per $1, but UBA charges N168 + some kobos per $1.

I have stopped using my UBA Africard and Master Card in Aliexpress and other shopping sites since I notice the difference.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by Tweetums(f): 8:21am On Oct 19, 2014
emeka94:
Can I use my first bank master card to make payments on Aliexpress
?
I'm using first bank master card but for u to successfully use it on aliex u ll need to enrolled ur card
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by emeka94(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2014
Tweetums:
I'm using first bank master card but for u to successfully use it on aliex u ll need to enrolled ur card

Thanks a lot. But how do I enrol it?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by emeka94(m): 8:43am On Oct 19, 2014
Trut:
The best card for online shopping and paypal verification is Access Bank Visa Debit Card. Merchants hardly decline their Card and their exchange rate is the best.

UBA Cards are the worst, their exchange is too high. Access Bank charges N163 + some kobos per $1, but UBA charges N168 + some kobos per $1.

I have stopped using my UBA Africard and Master Card in Aliexpress and other shopping sites since I notice the difference.

I have access visa and first bank master card. Which is better?
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by Tweetums(f): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2014
emeka94:

Thanks a lot. But how do I enrol it?
mail their cc that u Want to enroll ur card for online shopping...
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by Trut(m): 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
emeka94:

I have access visa and first bank master card. Which is better?

Access Visa Card.
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by emeka94(m): 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
Trut:

Access Visa Card.

Ok thanks
Re: Which Nigerian Bank Card Is One Supposed To Use For Payment On Aliexpress? by ifeebube: 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
presegsADESIDA:

The last time I tried using GTBank Mastercard, they asked for OTP and I verified it, but still it didn't go through

(1) (Reply)

What Sells Most In Lagos From Dubai? / 1000 Real & Active Nigerian Followers On Instagram Every Single Day / Forex Restriction Threatens Over 50,000 Jobs In Dairy Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.