Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? (534 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? / I Have Well Optimized Website(news And Entertainment Blog) For Sale / Mobile Cash Accelerator - Create $197 Mobile Optimized Websites In Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by elvis10ten(m): 9:28am On Jul 20, 2013
Hi wap/webmasters. If you face this situation, what will be your choice or what will you advice someone to do: You started a site which is about 2 years old with no problem, then all of a sudden you started having problems and issues due to high traffic and your hardware or server is not capable of handling it. You then have X amount of money which you can use to optimize/improve or buy a better server/hardware for a year. Both of the them will work and make your site problem free and fast but, don't know what to choose. Which one will you prefer an optimized code or better server ?. I asked this question when i saw peoples comment on seun jamb competition.
Re: Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by teemy(m): 2:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
money saved is as good as profits made. as all businesses are profit oriented, cost saving practices as long as nothing is jeopardised are advised. techniques like flat file cacheing, would go a long way in stressing server resources
Re: Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by yawatide(f): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
bite the bullet and do both. It'll last a lifetime.
Re: Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by elvis10ten(m): 5:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
this bullet is something else. The person only has X amount that can do 1 but not both.
Re: Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by teemy(m): 6:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
which could end up in the belly if not bitten well X here being limited. it is good to make sacrifices when necessary but with ample consideration of available tins
Re: Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by teemy(m): 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
elvis10ten: this bullet is something else....
lol. fear dey catch you?
Re: Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by teemy(m): 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
as only you know when things can become Y+X it all borders down to you making the final decision after careful deliberation on available options. cheers
Re: Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by elvis10ten(m): 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2013
teemy: lol. fear dey catch you?
it isn't my site, we are just assuming.
Re: Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by teemy(m): 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
elvis10ten: it isn't my site, we are just assuming.
oh, ok
Re: Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by yawatide(f): 12:50am On Jul 21, 2013
Then work within the budget and go for hardware. I am thinking if the hardware is resolved, it can handle whatever heavy code is on there.
Re: Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by elvis10ten(m): 6:35am On Jul 21, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
Then work within the budget and go for hardware. I am thinking if the hardware is resolved, it can handle whatever heavy code is on there.
ok
Re: Better Hardware Or Optimized Code, Which Do You Prefer ? by sisqology(m): 11:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
I'm sleepy sef

(1) (Reply)

Help With A Banner Ad Link / 4 Qualities Of A Successful Blogger Or Business Man / Seomarts Paying Via Perfect Money And Neteller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.