Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Madiba, Wake Up! I Did Not Forget Your Birthday - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Madiba, Wake Up! I Did Not Forget Your Birthday (849 Views)

Rip Madiba!!! Your Favourite Quote By Nelson Mandela / Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / A Letter To Imam Farouk (laugh N Forget your Sorrow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Madiba, Wake Up! I Did Not Forget Your Birthday by Orikinla(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
Dear Madiba wake up!

I did not forget your birthday.
But the cacophonies of Xhosa melodies blocked my way
The chants of the mammoth crowd I saw on Thursday July 18
It was the most colourful scene I have ever seen
Njengo mdudo ka Mapassa
Yes, Madiba Mandela It was like the marriage feast of Mapassa.
I call it the euphoria of Pretoria
As they came with their bouquets of flowers
And also with their chaplets and hearts full of prayers
They kept vigils at the Mediclinic Heart Hospital
Many were having a carnival and others it was a revival
Including the uniformed Omasiza mbulala
The people who rescue and kill.

Read the complete poem in Xhosa and English by the Master Orikinla Osinachi on http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2013/07/madiba-wake-up-i-did-not-forget-your.html
http://hellopoetry.com/-orikinla-osinachi/

(1) (Reply)

7 Costly Mistakes To Avoid In Your Journey Of Life / Chapter One Of New Crime Story: 30 Days To Aso Rock / I Don't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.