Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:25 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (283627 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by derbylicious: 12:08pm On May 15, 2015
arazanbal:
Pls guys i have a lumia 1090 and the screen is bad,pls does anybody know how much i fit take fix am.i m in benin city,it has d microsoft logo 4 bck nd front wit dual sim(double sim) screenshot

There's no such model as 1090 and it looks like it was in a car crash...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by derbylicious: 12:12pm On May 15, 2015
Been following L540 news like a maniac...it was launched yesterday and I've seen some hands on videos, it isn't as it was hyped...meanwhile I'm anticipating a comparison video of it and 640...but from the looks of it,it's like 640 wouldn't be coming here
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 3:49pm On May 15, 2015
[quote author=derbylicious post=33761463]

There's no such model as 1090 and it looks like it was in a car crash

Google is ur frnd,u will b suprise ,it d new windows phone dt has no nokia logo,but Microsoft
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by oyewolestephen(m): 5:41pm On May 15, 2015
derbylicious:
Been following L540 news like a maniac...it was launched yesterday and I've seen some hands on videos, it isn't as it was hyped...meanwhile I'm anticipating a comparison video of it and 640...but from the looks of it,it's like 640 wouldn't be coming here
bro you just copy paste what is on my mind. Am really thinking of the two phones if the price difference is huge I will go for the lumia 540
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 7:15pm On May 15, 2015
I'm wondering what people are still doing with android

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by pharmtech: 7:25pm On May 15, 2015
derbylicious:
im madly followed the 540 up to launch broz,but i really discouraged now
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by dabosuker(m): 9:27am On May 16, 2015
chrsyoung:

Aight, thanks.

install it on a spare phone , if you have got one
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 12:48pm On May 16, 2015
If nxt version of windows is 'windows 10'.does dat make u name all windows mobile window 10 moble?....y not 'windows mobile',which stands for all windows devices with 4 to 8 inch screen
kinesis:
this is a link for windows phone users. the name above is the actual name from microsoft itself. told u so

http://www.podmetro.com/2015/05/next-version-of-windows-phone-will-be-called-windows-10-mobile.html
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DankemzI(m): 1:31pm On May 16, 2015
I own a Lumia 535 that only accepts Mtn sim.... Etisalat, Glo, Airtel. Are all not recognized by the device. Please what can I do?

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by sammy042(m): 3:22pm On May 16, 2015
Please,how do i download novels,like purple hibiscus by chimamanda adichie and co on my l630..wch app shuld I install?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 5:02pm On May 16, 2015
sammy042:
Please,how do i download novels,like purple hibiscus by chimamanda adichie and co on my l630..wch app shuld I install?

Install e-book reading apps like the ones mentioned earlier on in this thread. Then have it load your books already in *pdb (portable digital book) formats, that's your chimamanda adichie books if in the format.

I can help you out with few reads of Dean Koontz, Jeffery Archer, Cook etc of you're into those.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DankemzI(m): 8:26pm On May 16, 2015
ceaser:

Install e-book reading apps like the ones mentioned earlier on in this thread. Then have it load your books already in *pdb (portable digital book) formats, that's your chimamanda adichie books if in the format.

I can help you out with few reads of Dean Koontz, Jeffery Archer, Cook etc of you're into those.

I own a Lumia 535 that only accepts Mtn sim.... Etisalat, Glo, Airtel. Are all not recognized by the device. Please what can I do?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 16, 2015
dabosuker:
Who has used the 640 XL dual sim,..how do u see it? am thinking of adding it to my arsenal
i.m currently using lumia 640xl. everything works fine. my only disapointment is just low light camera performance but day time camera is very sharp both front and rear camera.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by dabosuker(m): 10:54pm On May 16, 2015
Nokialumia720:
i.m currently using lumia 640xl. everything works fine. my only disapointment is just low light camera performance but day time camera is very sharp both front and rear camera.

Ok thanks, i wasn't really expecting too much from the camera , since its not "Pureveiw". Another observation is that microsoft should have at least included a hardware camera button IMO. I hate to have to tap a screen to take a shot
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nastydroid(m): 11:55pm On May 16, 2015
is there any app like flash share or xender for windows device
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 12:49am On May 17, 2015
Nastydroid:
is there any app like flash share or xender for windows device
Easy transfer is the closest I know of.
But not close to being as good as xender.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:16pm On May 17, 2015
DankemzI:

I believe your device must have been resold from a previous user that most likely had the phone locked to a specific GSM band, I suppose. I knew someone who had exactly same problem with Glo and Airtel sim cards during the Nokia Symbian days. If I could remember well, I think he got it unlocked somehow in computer village to solve the problem.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DankemzI(m): 7:47pm On May 17, 2015
ceaser:

I believe your device must have been resold from a previous user that most likely had the phone locked to a specific GSM band, I suppose. I knew someone who had exactly same problem with Glo and Airtel sim cards during the Nokia Symbian days. If I could remember well, I think he got it unlocked somehow in computer village to solve the problem.

I bought it new, not London used. I don't reside @Lagos
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 7:32pm On May 18, 2015
DankemzI:

I bought it new, not London used. I don't reside @Lagos

Then you might need to pay a visit to the sale outlet where you got it from. You need to be sure you were not sold a refurbished device. Let them see to it that it works with a sim/network of your choice since technically it should still be within the warranty period.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by whitechriz(m): 12:43am On May 19, 2015
5 things Windows Phone can do that iPhone can’t

Home > windowsphoneafrica > News > What has Windows mobile ever done for us?
What has Windows mobile ever done for us?
whitechriz 4 days ago News, windowsphoneafrica Leave a comment 7 Views
1. You can view and edit Microsoft Office apps like Word, Excel spreadsheets or PowerPoint. Not surprisingly Microsoft hasn’t written versions of its Office apps for the iPhone. Apple has its own Office-alike suite called iWork, but there are 1 billion Office users.

2. Windows Phone lets you customise your home screen by resizing Live Tiles. On iPhone you can’t customise what apps are on your home screen.

3. Live Tiles mean you can see real-time updates on your home screen of emails, Facebook or any other real-time app. iPhone apps can only show you the number of notifications you’ve received.

4. Windows Phones have Near Field Communications (NFC) chips built in. You can swap data by touching phones and make payments by waving the phone over any NFC terminal.

5. You can charge your Windows Phone using the built-in standard USB socket, and any standard USB lead (from the cigarette lighter in your car, for example) . Apple has its own design socket (called ‘Lightning’) that is more difficult to use and needs a special lead. Some Nokia Windows Phones can be charged wirelessly, just by placing them on the charger.

what do you think?

http://www.windowsphoneafrica.com/5-things-windows-phone-can-do-that-iphone-cant/

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 7:59am On May 19, 2015
whitechriz:

Home > windowsphoneafrica > News > What has Windows mobile ever done for us?
What has Windows mobile ever done for us?
whitechriz 4 days ago News, windowsphoneafrica Leave a comment 7 Views
1. You can view and edit Microsoft Office apps like Word, Excel spreadsheets or PowerPoint. Not surprisingly Microsoft hasn’t written versions of its Office apps for the iPhone. Apple has its own Office-alike suite called iWork, but there are 1 billion Office users.

2. Windows Phone lets you customise your home screen by resizing Live Tiles. On iPhone you can’t customise what apps are on your home screen.

3. Live Tiles mean you can see real-time updates on your home screen of emails, Facebook or any other real-time app. iPhone apps can only show you the number of notifications you’ve received.

4. Windows Phones have Near Field Communications (NFC) chips built in. You can swap data by touching phones and make payments by waving the phone over any NFC terminal.

5. You can charge your Windows Phone using the built-in standard USB socket, and any standard USB lead (from the cigarette lighter in your car, for example) . Apple has its own design socket (called ‘Lightning’) that is more difficult to use and needs a special lead. Some Nokia Windows Phones can be charged wirelessly, just by placing them on the charger.

what do you think?

http://www.windowsphoneafrica.com/5-things-windows-phone-can-do-that-iphone-cant/

Nice my brother,just can't wait for the release of Windows 10

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UchihaItachi(m): 9:17am On May 19, 2015
Hi guys..please recommend a good Windows phone to buy, my budget is 40k
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ycmdng(m): 12:44pm On May 19, 2015
arazanbal:
Pls guys i have a lumia 1090 and the screen is bad,pls does anybody know how much i fit take fix am.i m in benin city,it has d microsoft logo 4 bck nd front wit dual sim(double sim) screenshot
Your phone is Lumia 535, the 1090 you wrote here is the RM number. You can repair the phone free @ Nokia Care on first mechanical damage under warranty by Mansard.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ycmdng(m): 12:47pm On May 19, 2015
UchihaItachi:
Hi guys..please recommend a good Windows phone to buy, my budget is 40k

You can go for Lumia 830 or 730.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Cvesta(m): 3:17pm On May 19, 2015
US used Nokia Lumia 635 for sale...sparkling neat and mint...Price :20k though negotiable ...whatsapp or call 08089657971 now
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Bilany(f): 5:16pm On May 19, 2015
Please can anyone recommend a good e book app? Most of the ones I have only let you read books available in the library but you can't download others. And I mean books from stores like Sidney Sheldon, Sandra Brown and Danielle Steele.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by honorbule(m): 1:36am On May 20, 2015
ycmdng:
bro..please where did you see lumia 830 for 40k...i wantu get one oh.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UchihaItachi(m): 12:21pm On May 20, 2015
ycmdng:

Thanks, I got a 640XL
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 2:59pm On May 20, 2015
Pls guys,i m in benin city,does anybody knws where i can buy fairly used original xbox 360 game cds @ 2000,i wana play new games on it,dnt hav money for brand new cds
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by whitechriz(m): 12:02am On May 21, 2015
[quote author=UchihaItachi post=33881169] Hi guys..please recommend a good Windows phone to buy, my budget is 40k [/quo

My dear go for Nokia Lumia 730 One of the best ....check it out @ http://www.windowsphoneafrica.com/microsoftnokia-lumia-730-dual-sim-review-the-best-smartphone-for-selfies-for-africa/
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by whitechriz(m): 12:10am On May 21, 2015
arazanbal:

Nice my brother,just can't wait for the release of Windows 10
am so excited about windows 10 mobile
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by whitechriz(m): 1:22am On May 21, 2015
wow !!!! Real Madrid CF official app Windows Phone 8.1 http://www.windowsphoneafrica.com/real-madrid-cf-official-app-windows-phone-8-1/

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (158) (Reply)

Code For Flashing Nokia Phones / Only D Best 4 Ur S60v3 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.