Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,204 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278829 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gboyeboy(m): 7:23pm On May 06, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Says who??
I have been using 3g on my phone comfortably until I updated and start having this issue... Other phones I use are on 3g's.

Found out that it is a global problem buh some people get their way out of it...
Since its a global issue as you stated, then I think MS will fix that issue with an update but as for me, I've never had a problem locking unto 3G on my device.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 06, 2015
Gboyeboy:

Since its a global issue as you stated, then I think MS will fix that issue with an update but as for me, I've never had a problem locking unto 3G on my device.

I believe some people is experiencing this issue...
I pray Microsoft resolves this issue in the next update.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:43pm On May 06, 2015
Cvesta:
how did u pay bro?am having problem paying with my master card nor do i realy understand the gt acc transfer thing.got 2 items i must ship b4 saturday.pls reply ASAP.thanks

I usually pay with my paypal account cos 1. I don't like giving out my card details to many sites and 2, it is much less of a hassle.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:44pm On May 06, 2015
martineverest:
To those that re about to leave windows ecosystem to android,think twice cos d world is about to return to windows.......microsoft is currently hosting BUILD conferences.

Trust me, it ain't about hosting build conferences. Google and Apple do that almost all the time. The truth of the matter is that with the way things are shaping up in the mobile world, Windows will continue playing catch up for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 11:55pm On May 06, 2015
Do u realise dat technology is leaving smartphone to augmented and virtual reality
henryskywalker2003:

Trust me, it ain't about hosting build conferences. Google and Apple do that almost all the time. The truth of the matter is that with the way things are shaping up in the mobile world, Windows will continue playing catch up for a long time.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Cvesta(m): 12:07am On May 07, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

I usually pay with my paypal account cos 1. I don't like giving out my card details to many sites and 2, it is much less of a hassle.
i prefer it too but i dont have a dime on my paypal...am being charged 224 to a dollar via bank transfer...makes me have a rethink about deals next time..i have other trusted channels used before...obnly the option of it coming to my door with no hassle attracted me
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 1:07am On May 07, 2015
kinesis:
please be informed that the name of the forum has been changed to 'windows mobile naija forum' to suit the incoming change of the OS to windows mobile 10. God bless u all for ur contributions so far to this forum. been on sabbatical and i just resumed

holla
Bro pls return it back to WP.
Windows mobile doesn't exist no more since 2010.

The title sounds archaic and won't be easily discoverable through search since no one calls it that.
It's actually simply called, "Windows 10 for Phones" but that's a long story so just kindly return it back.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 1:16am On May 07, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Lol.
I've always had this problem.
Now I'm always in this room I'm doing from because this room has the strongest airtel 3G connection in my house.
You cant lock your phone to "3G only" on wp except the new ones like the 535 etc.
Maybe in the next update tho.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gboyeboy(m): 7:15am On May 07, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Bn reading about such on the internet but I guess I'm just lucky grin
Hopefully they do.

And WP10 for mobile is wack(my opinion)
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:12pm On May 07, 2015
martineverest:
Do u realise dat technology is leaving smartphone to augmented and virtual reality

I guess you think those prototypes that you've being hearing in MWC are going to take off tomorrow. Maybe in 10 - 15 years and still it won't knock the smartphone off
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 12:42pm On May 07, 2015
Was there hololens demo @ mwc?.....d last time i checked it was @ windows 10 event in january and @ build conference......microsoft had already said dey lll be ready dis year.
henryskywalker2003:

I guess you think those prototypes that you've being hearing in MWC are going to take off tomorrow. Maybe in 10 - 15 years and still it won't knock the smartphone off
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 12:49pm On May 07, 2015
The one @ win10 event was a prototype;@BUILD conference,last month,it was a real device dats it close to its final stage...just wair for E3 in june,where microsoft ll make its final demo
henryskywalker2003:

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:18pm On May 07, 2015
Cvesta:

i prefer it too but i dont have a dime on my paypal...am being charged 224 to a dollar via bank transfer...makes me have a rethink about deals next time..i have other trusted channels used before...obnly the option of it coming to my door with no hassle attracted me

You don't have to do bank transfer. Just add you ATM debit card to your paypal account. I will recommend Diamond Bank, they have a lower exchange rate than most other banks. As at Tuesday this week, GTBank charged me 209 to a dollar while Diamond charged me 203.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:25pm On May 07, 2015
martineverest:
Was there hololens demo @ mwc?.....d last time i checked it was @ windows 10 event in january and @ build conference......microsoft had already said dey lll be ready dis year.

Dude, chill. I was referring to your assertion on VR. Samsung demoed it last year, Google did the same a year before. HTC did the same this year. Game companies have delved into that area many years ago as well, as far back as 24 years ago (Sega). Many have demoed their VR products. But that's all it is for now, demos on Proof of Concept. They porduce fully working device for such demos of course but it is still not going mainstream anytime soon. Ask Google what happened to their Glass project.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 1:32pm On May 07, 2015
Google glass ie an ar not vr......htc vive ll be realeased dis yr while facebook annouced yestaday dat occulus rift vr ll be released within first 3months of next yr
henryskywalker2003:

Dude, chill. I was referring to your assertion on VR. Samsung demoed it last year, Google did the same a year before. HTC did the same this year. Game companies have delved into that area many years ago as well, as far back as 24 years ago (Sega). Many have demoed their VR products. But that's all it is for now, demos on Proof of Concept. They porduce fully working device for such demos of course but it is still not going mainstream anytime soon. Ask Google what happened to their Glass project.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:40pm On May 07, 2015
martineverest:
Google glass ie an ar not vr......htc vive ll be realeased dis yr while facebook annouced yestaday dat occulus rift vr ll be released within first 3months of next yr

You still don't get it. Smartphones and VR are not the same niche and VR isn't going mainstream anytime soon. Have you even seen how bulky those devices are? How many people do you think will want to walk around wearing those on their head? I mentioned Glass because it was portable and seemed to gain adoption faster and yet, it was a white elephant project. Anyway, let's watch and see what happens with Oculus
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 1:54pm On May 07, 2015
Hololens and son morpheus re very light
henryskywalker2003:

You still don't get it. Smartphones and VR are not the same niche and VR isn't going mainstream anytime soon. Have you even seen how bulky those devices are? How many people do you think will want to walk around wearing those on their head? I mentioned Glass because it was portable and seemed to gain adoption faster and yet, it was a white elephant project. Anyway, let's watch and see what happens with Oculus
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 07, 2015
its actually called windows 10 mobile. that moniker u put up is what the fans have agreed to call it but i will confirm first and get back
Elxandre:

The title sounds archaic and won't be easily discoverable through search since no one calls it that.
It's actually simply called, "Windows 10 for Phones" but that's a long story so just kindly return it back.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 07, 2015
pls who knows where i can change my cracked lumia 535 screen,i stay in lag .its urgent pls respond d screen aint working and if u av an idea of the price pls say

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by mayordadon(m): 7:08pm On May 07, 2015
coolsamie0:
Guys, I need help. After updating my Lumia 535 dual sim, it stopped recognizing the second sim. I did a reset, it started recognizing both sims only to do a restart and stopped recognizing both sims. I need assistance. Thanks
same here guys i av d same problem plz help us am regreting i update d phone o
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by mayordadon(m): 7:15pm On May 07, 2015
Unseen:

Go to network+ under settings and turn off Use only 3G then restart the phone. Simple.
plz help wen ever i plug in my 535 dual sim d scren wil b over sensitive to d estent dat i wil just leave it to b full before i wil uplug it nd it wil return to normal. Plz any help?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 7:49pm On May 07, 2015
mayordadon:
plz help wen ever i plug in my 535 dual sim d scren wil b over sensitive to d estent dat i wil just leave it to b full before i wil uplug it nd it wil return to normal. Plz any help?

Hahahahaha,na bad charger dy cus dt tin na.wht i mean is dt d phone nor recorgnise dt charger as suitable,dough it will charge it bt will b doin dt.jst use beta charger if posible lumia own or test d charger by operatin ur phne while chargin ad see wht happen
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 8:13pm On May 07, 2015
Elxandre:

Change this topic to Windows phone 10, biko. This is windows phone, not windows mobile

P.S I don't know if you found a solution to you opera mini not downloading problem, but I don't use the browser, I dislike it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 12:38am On May 08, 2015
orimion:
Change this topic to Windows phone 10, biko. This is windows phone, not windows mobile

P.S I don't know if you found a solution to you opera mini not downloading problem, but I don't use the browser, I dislike it.
No solution o.
It's difficult to get a suitable data plan because of where I live and the networks with 3G connectivity, that's why I use Airtel opera mini plan. smiley
Still no solution. I wonder what's wrong as I have even reinstalled the app to no avail.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by mayordadon(m): 11:46am On May 08, 2015
arazanbal:

Hahahahaha,na bad charger dy cus dt tin na.wht i mean is dt d phone nor recorgnise dt charger as suitable,dough it will charge it bt will b doin dt.jst use beta charger if posible lumia own or test d charger by operatin ur phne while chargin ad see wht happens
but na d follow come charger I dey use brox .
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Folajay22(m): 3:14pm On May 08, 2015
kinesis:
its actually called windows 10 mobile. that moniker u put up is what the fans have agreed to call it but i will confirm first and get back

i believe it is called Windows 10 for Phones..please confirm and revert..cheers.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 5:03pm On May 08, 2015
martineverest:
Hololens and son morpheus re very light

Bro, do you really love arguing for it's sake alone? Just checked out the Holo Lens and found that it is also ar and not vr. So, what were you saying when I mentioned Google Glass earlier.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by pharmtech: 5:12pm On May 08, 2015
pls whats current issue of upcoming lumia 540
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by martineverest(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2015
Have i said dat hololens is vr?...hololens google glass and magic leap re d only known augmented reality...while sony morpheus,facbook occulus,htc vive and galaxy gear vr are all virtual realityquote author=henryskywalker2003 post=33545056]

Bro, do you really love arguing for it's sake alone? Just checked out the Holo Lens and found that it is also ar and not vr. So, what were ou saying when I mentioned Google Glass earlier.[/quote]
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:38pm On May 08, 2015
Unseen:

Go to network+ under settings and turn off Use only 3G then restart the phone. Simple.
mayordadon:
same here guys i av d same problem plz help us am regreting i update d phone o
Unseen:

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ycmdng(m): 8:35pm On May 09, 2015
trishguy:
pls who knows where i can change my cracked lumia 535 screen,i stay in lag .its urgent pls respond d screen aint working and if u av an idea of the price pls say
There is insurance on Lumia 535 meaning you can get it fixed at no cost @ Nokia Care. Head office No 22B Akinola Cole Crescent, Adeniyi Jones Ikeja.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 3:12pm On May 10, 2015
someone once asked for a bbm channel of this thread. The new bbm update for windows phone now has channels

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.