Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,441 members, 7,954,744 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (283697 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Teephar(f): 2:54am On Sep 15, 2014
DJEhimond:

Nokai Care in Computer Village. Costs 7k.
thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 15, 2014
like android where u need a google acct, u need a windows live acct or hotmail acct to download apps
Odelana1: Cant i download whatsapp on it? Its askin 4window id
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 7:46am On Sep 16, 2014
I recently did upgrade for my lumia 520.... From update to preparing installation to migrating of data to restarting of my phone but now I'm still seeing window 8.0

WTF... I'm angry at nokia for this.

Sorry guys I'm seeing Lumia Amber now not Cyan

Can I still check for another update from Amber to cyan?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by obisite: 9:08am On Sep 16, 2014
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't knw what's wrong, can't browse with glo.. pls what's the settings for glo on lumia 630... n does air tel 1 month bb subscription works on lumia.....

don't knw what's wrong, can't browse with glo.. pls what's the settings for glo on lumia 630... n does air tel 1 month bb subscription works on lumia.....
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2014
u have some more updating to do. why not look for a wifi area and do the updates. after amber is black before cyan
guyANDROID1: I recently did upgrade for my lumia 520.... From update to preparing installation to migrating of data to restarting of my phone but now I'm still seeing window 8.0

WTF... I'm angry at nokia for this.

Sorry guys I'm seeing Lumia Amber now not Cyan

Can I still check for another update from Amber to cyan?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
So kinesis, I figured out what's wrong with the phone and why it's not updating to Lumia Cyan. The ish is since my carrier is T-mobile, it's not gonna update cos T-mobile hasn't released the latest version. When I used the recovery tool, it took me back to the latest firmware update on T-mobile which was Lumia Black. I chatted up an online representative and he told me why after checking my IMEI number. I was given an option of going to a Nokia care centre to update it directly and since I'm in Benin and the nearest is Asaba, I'd rather wait till it's released so I guess I'll just go back to DP.

For those whose phones haven't been updated, just go to a Nokia centre and they'll do so; though, I have no idea if you'll be charged.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by guyANDROID1: 6:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
kinesis: u have some more updating to do. why not look for a wifi area and do the updates. after amber is black before cyan

Thanks, I'm now on the final upgrade which is cyan.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by walexzreal: 10:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
Am using lumia 520 running on window 8, pls I want to upgrade to window 8.1, what are d procedures, tx
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2014
i was asked to pay 6k for w 8.1 upgrade by nokia care
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2014
joker5180: i was asked to pay 6k for w 8.1 upgrade by nokia care

That's very ridiculous!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
DJEhimond:

That's very ridiculous!
i was disappointed at the guy, he even claimed that 'lagos' collect 10k.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by deniceguy(m): 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
joker5180: i was disappointed at the guy, he even claimed that 'lagos' collect 10k.
Why not do it yourself.
It took me only #200 or so
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
deniceguy:
Why not do it yourself.
It took me only #200 or so
how?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
I noticed a place called temporary files in my storage folder, been trying to delete it since to no avail meanwhile its eating into my phone memory gradually. What can one do to solve this issue ?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2014
why not DIY. go online if u r not that sound in updating or better still keep checking for updates on ur phone till u cant find any again. u shud b on 8.1 by then
joker5180: i was asked to pay 6k for w 8.1 upgrade by nokia care

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 19, 2014
did u buy the phone here? if u did then u shud take it back to who u bought it from cuz all phones here should be unlocked by default
Feraz: So kinesis, I figured out what's wrong with the phone and why it's not updating to Lumia Cyan. The ish is since my carrier is T-mobile, it's not gonna update cos T-mobile hasn't released the latest version. When I used the recovery tool, it took me back to the latest firmware update on T-mobile which was Lumia Black. I chatted up an online representative and he told me why after checking my IMEI number. I was given an option of going to a Nokia care centre to update it directly and since I'm in Benin and the nearest is Asaba, I'd rather wait till it's released so I guess I'll just go back to DP.

For those whose phones haven't been updated, just go to a Nokia centre and they'll do so; though, I have no idea if you'll be charged.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 11:41am On Sep 19, 2014
kinesis: did u buy the phone here? if u did then u shud take it back to who u bought it from cuz all phones here should be unlocked by default
Nope, got it from eBay.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 11:45am On Sep 19, 2014
talktimi: I noticed a place called temporary files in my storage folder, been trying to delete it since to no avail meanwhile its eating into my phone memory gradually. What can one do to solve this issue ?
I think you should check your browser settings and unclick the 'allow sites save files on my phone'. Also clear the history. I think that should do.

How can Nokia care ask for that ridiculous amount just to upgrade?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by deniceguy(m): 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
joker5180: how?
Etisalat & another hotspot enabled phone..I then connected my Lumia via WiFi

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
thts the issue. u shuda made sure it was factory unlocked by default. then u shud use the developer preview
Feraz: Nope, got it from eBay.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Can't upload photos to nairaland from my 520. Wat happen ?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
kinesis: thts the issue. u shuda made sure it was factory unlocked by default. then u shud use the developer preview
Not too worry much. I've rectified it. smiley
talktimi: Can't upload photos to nairaland from my 520. Wat happen ?
What version of W8 are you using?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
Feraz: Not too worry much. I've rectified it. smileyWhat version of W8 are you using?
undecided ok I'm still on 8 (black).... Long story
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by deepleke(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
The internet is slow on Lumia cyan unlike Lumia black.guess I will have to wait for Lumia denim update.
Hope this Nokia people will not give us a boko haram or Ebola update soon . grin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
deepleke: The internet is slow on Lumia cyan unlike Lumia black.guess I will have to wait for Lumia denim update.
Hope this Nokia people will not give us a boko haram or Ebola update soon . grin
First time I'm hearing this.
How can it be slower? LOL
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
If you have a Lumia and refuse to upgrade, you are cheating yourself.
Lumia cyan is the best thing to ever happen to a windows phone.

2 Likes

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by deepleke(m): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sharing my data plan on Lumia black was superb compare to Lumia cyan,each time I connect my laptop to my phone.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Lusayo(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
Please l need your assistance on my Lumia 720. Taking pictures with my phone is now a rocket science for me because my pics always store into the SKY DRIVE instead of my phone. What can l do to stop this?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lusayo: Please l need your assistance on my Lumia 720. Taking pictures with my phone is now a rocket science for me because my pics always store into the SKY DRIVE instead of my phone. What can l do to stop this?
Are you on cyan or black?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by deniceguy(m): 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lusayo: Please l need your assistance on my Lumia 720. Taking pictures with my phone is now a rocket science for me because my pics always store into the SKY DRIVE instead of my phone. What can l do to stop this?
Go to settings & swipe left to applications.
Scroll down to photos + camera and disable the auto upload to Skydrive/Onedrive feature..Try and see if that works
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by deniceguy(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
Elxandre: If you have a Lumia and refuse to upgrade, you are cheating yourself.
Lumia cyan is the best thing to ever happen to a windows phone.
You are right Sir
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Lusayo(m): 12:18am On Sep 28, 2014
Elxandre:
Are you on cyan or black?
l appreciate your efforts, but can you pls explain cyan and black?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (158) (Reply)

Code For Flashing Nokia Phones / Only D Best 4 Ur S60v3 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.