Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (279527 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

cheesy Thanks!

@Elxandre. The 640 and 830 sure as hell feel like the same phones angry with of course an exception in memory capacity. I'm disappointed.
Look at the 830 as a deluxe version of the 640.
830 has wayyyy better carl zeiss, pureview camera with OIS etc. Plus Dolby digital sound.
The 830 has a slightly weaker battery though.

MS is quite annoying with it's use of similar hardware in all it's midrange phones.
The pricing should be close

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

App-wise they're just messing up. You can imagine my shock when I saw LinkedIn working superbly on my brother's Htc. These app developers make me want to go droid instead.
I checked the 830 on amazon. Turns out it's way cheaper to buy from the US than here angry What's the cost of shipping btw? Or having someone send via dhl from the US?
What would it cost a massive company like linkedln to create a superb app?
I was showing off picsart to my little bro who always bad mouths WP. I really thought it was exclusive to WP.
He simply pulled his droid and showed me the app with even way more filters. cheesy

If WP had the apps like iOS, it would simply be incredible.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:51am On Apr 12, 2015
Cvesta:
hw did you go about the unlocking thing? via mail or chat? just bought an att 635 on ebay

Via their site and they replied to me thru mail. Fill this form on their site.
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:53am On Apr 12, 2015
Elxandre:

bro.
how much did shipping cost you?

$9. And that includes shipping, handling and tax. It will be delivered to your doorstep or any place you want. I use shoptomydoor for deliveries to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by opinchinoo(m): 8:03am On Apr 12, 2015
Guys is Lumia 640 coming to d Nigerian market?? Looks good wit d price
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 11:53am On Apr 12, 2015
Seems buts of windows 10 update will be coming to some windows 8.1 phones

http://mobilityarena.com/get-bits-of-windows-10-preview-in-windows-phone-8-1-update-2/
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Kessleek(m): 12:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
Guys I don't know if this question have been asked beforehand but how can I download the critical update without the use of WiFi
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
oyb:
Watching and waiting for 640xl
me too, i,m waiting for 640xl. So any idea when it gona be available in Nigeria?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
Kessleek:
Guys I don't know if this question have been asked beforehand but how can I download the critical update without the use of WiFi

You Can't. Sorry
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 2:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
Kessleek:
not possible
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
Pls guys is there openvpn app for WP?? Like dat of driod nd IOS ??.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by honorbule(m): 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
Feraz:
My LinkedIn was ok oh. . . Worked well. . . Try using this guy called Mikkyangel. Visit this link. He's trusted. Bought my two Lumia phones for me.

abeg....can u pls explain the steps on aw to order for a lumia phone from amazon....currently using a lumia 925 but wnt to get the 830...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
honorbule:

abeg....can u pls explain the steps on aw to order for a lumia phone from amazon....currently using a lumia 925 but wnt to get the 830...

Try using this guy called Mikkyangel. Visit this link. He's trusted. Bought my two Lumia phones for me. You will see instructions on how to get yours. . .

Anyway, I searched for a phone on eBay, found the one I liked, contacted the above guy and sent him the link on his thread, email and phone number. He checked it for me and told me his commission to get the phone, paid him his commission together with the cost of the phone and the rest. . .history!!!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by honorbule(m): 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
Feraz:

Try using this guy called Mikkyangel. Visit this link. He's trusted. Bought my two Lumia phones for me. You will see instructions on how to get yours. . .

Anyway, I searched for a phone on eBay, found the one I liked, contacted the above guy and sent him the link on his thread, email and phone number. He checked it for me and told me his commission to get the phone, paid him his commission together with the cost of the phone and the rest. . .history!!!

is d fone d sim free type or the locked type
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by honorbule(m): 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2015
Feraz:

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 4:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
honorbule:

Anyone you want is there. I bought an unlocked T Mobile Lumia 925 first before it was stolen then I got an unlocked Verizon Lumia 928. I'd advise you to get one that is not locked to a network brand should you have problem so you can fix it here in Nigeria. Right now, I have to send my Lumia 928 to the USA for them to fix it as there is no one who can currently fix it here since the parts cannot be gotten here.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by honorbule(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
Feraz:
Anyone you want is there. I bought an unlocked T Mobile Lumia 925 first before it was stolen then I got an unlocked Verizon Lumia 928. I'd advise you to get one that is not locked to a network brand should you have problem so you can fix it here in Nigeria. Right now, I have to send my Lumia 928 to the USA for them to fix it as there is no one who can currently fix it here since the parts cannot be gotten here.

Ok...thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

$9. And that includes shipping, handling and tax. It will be delivered to your doorstep or any place you want. I use shoptomydoor for deliveries to Nigeria.
You ordered from Amazon?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by oyewolestephen(m): 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
opinchinoo:
Guys is Lumia 640 coming to d Nigerian market?? Looks good wit d price
How much is the price am really interesting too
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 6:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
henryskywalker2003:
Wow. That's so cheap. Let me go check out ebay. cheesy
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Cvesta(m): 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

The Shipping Is Pretty Cheap If $9 Is All It Cost.Hw Long Did It Take To Arrive And What Does Shoptomydoor Charge To Signup?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Cvesta(m): 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
Feraz:
Buy The Parts On Ebay N Repair It Here.Dont Waste Money Sending It Over Then.Buying A New Phone Would Make More Sense Than That
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 6:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
Cvesta:
Buy The Parts On Ebay N Repair It Here.Dont Waste Money Sending It Over Then.Buying A New Phone Would Make More Sense Than That
Like I said earlier, they could not repair the phone, heck, they even destroyed some components. When I gave them my phone to repair, the screen was good but now, it is not even showing anything, the charging port area is somewhat bent and when plugged to a source, there's light at the button but it does not read even when plugged to a system. I do not even know if the screen is still good. I need thorough check up of the phone of which I was disappointed visiting CV.

What am I even saying?

henryskywalker2003:

Please, explain what you did. Do you know if I can deliver my phone to a repair centre in USA at this amount? Also, do they ship from China?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Cvesta(m): 6:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
Buy Anoda Lumia Feraz.It Cost Way More To Ship To And Fro.A 635 Seller Accepted My Bid Of $18 Yestaday On Ebay.Phone Has Slight Crack To Screen Though.Yet To Pay.At Worse I Wil Spend Additional $22 Or Less To Get It To Benin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
henryskywalker2003:

How many days did it take?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
Choi!!! I just saw the Lumia 640XL y'all have been saying. The phone make sense die. . . Uj_sizzle, you may want to reconsider getting a Lumia 830. . . cheesy
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 8:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
Feraz:
Choi!!! I just saw the Lumia 640XL y'all have been saying. The phone make sense die. . . Uj_sizzle, you may want to reconsider getting a Lumia 830. . . cheesy
You sighted it physically?
I read the spec. Anything larger than a 5in screen will be too large for my womanly hands tongue But otherwise, it seemed pretty much like the 830 to me save for the memory capacity and camera ability and battery life.
I'm just confused sef sad
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 9:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
MS to bring Cortana to iOS and Android devices as an independent app.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Poll-results-Would-you-use-Microsofts-Cortana-on-Android-or-iOS_id68161

Meanwhile, has anyone tried a different Windows device that isn't a Lumia phone? Say, htc?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mynd44: 9:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
*side eyes her to gsmarena*
UjSizzle:

I read the spec. Anything larger than a 5in screen will be too large for my womanly hands tongue But otherwise, it seemed pretty much like the 830 to me save for the memory capacity and camera ability and battery life.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
UjSizzle:

Na spec I read. . .oh, so you too dread screens more than 5"? grin

No much difference though
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Mynd44:
*side eyes her to gsmarena*
Phonearena grin
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
Feraz:
Na spec I read. . .oh, so you too dread screens more than 5"? grin

No much difference though
Over dread o. But the 830 looks more beautiful smiley
Read the 640 will be released next month. I'll wait to read the hands-on review first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.