Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278342 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 9:34am On Jul 23, 2014
jorges1: Pls guys, I'm in Owerri, does anyone in Imo knw where I can find Wifi to do an OS update?
Go to a cyber cafe and ask them to connect you.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2014
jorges1: Pls guys, I'm in Owerri, does anyone in Imo knw where I can find Wifi to do an OS update?
I dont knw. Im not in owerrI. try out big intreats or hotels. But just incase u cant. Just find another phone that has 3G and can tether hotspot via wifi. Then buy MTN or ETISALAT 3Gigabyte night plan. On the orther phone. At night by 9pm. one the 3G network. Tether through wifi hotspot. Use ur phone to find the signal and download the update. Remb th o put a password unless anoda person fit update all his games and pc on ur expense. U cant finish the 3 gig so u can use it to update apps and download new ones too.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by uchebest2006(m): 9:50am On Jul 23, 2014
There re guys in Tetlow road or Douglas Road that will do that for ya.Tanks!!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 10:07am On Jul 23, 2014
have you tried usin a laptop as your wifi hotspot ? Or you can buy a mobile/mini wifi unit from any good computer store or any telecom providers main office
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by W3xy1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
UjSizzle:
You can't get 3g if you aren't in a 3g area undecided I have a friend who usea that phone and has his 3g constantly available.

Is that the only reason you don't like the phone?
there is 3g in my area. I hav an ipad with full bar 3g on it and i also use the sim in modem.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
UjSizzle:
You can't get 3g if you aren't in a 3g area undecided I have a friend who usea that phone and has his 3g constantly available.

Is that the only reason you don't like the phone?
lol.
Windows phone will never lock to 3g, except you are in a place with good 3g signal.
This is the only gripe I have with this OS.
I'm very sad!

my brothers Android always picks up 3g signals when he sets it to 3g only mode, while my Lumia has never seen MTN 3g through the five months I've owned it.

There is a bypass though, but its abit tedious, as it involves developer unlock.
Will try that when I'm less busy.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
the lumia 530 is now out, its a bit disappointing but still good and its a lil bit better than the 520 and cheaper at just 115 dollars which is roughly 18,360 naira while lumia 520 is 20 thousand the phone has a better processor than d 520 at 1.2 ghz while 520 is 1:0 it also has a better screen display and so on awl definately sell my 625 which is already old and also my tecno p5 cause am already bored of android but neva sold it cause d cheapest lumia was 20k and buy 2 of this phone for my mum and maself sha when it comes out by the wat anyof you guys who wanna get a second phone like me or a windows phone should wait for it and buy
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
a
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
Elxandre:
lol.
Windows phone will never lock to 3g, except you are in a place with good 3g signal.
This is the only gripe I have with this OS.
I'm very sad!

my brothers Android always picks up 3g signals when he sets it to 3g only mode, while my Lumia has never seen MTN 3g through the five months I've owned it.

There is a bypass though, but its abit tedious, as it involves developer unlock.
Will try that when I'm less busy.
Pele. That 3g thing is quite annoying.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
UjSizzle:
Pele. That 3g thing is quite annoying.
I would love to get a phablet soon, but what's the use of a big dumb phone like the 1520, that won't understand that 3g is poor in Africa?
I really like WP, but If I don't get a way to lock 3g only with 8.1, then I'm going Android next time o!

Even my old Symbian sef had 3g only mode!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by kamikaze2458(m): 12:39am On Jul 24, 2014
I am a lover of windows phone, with due respect to android i think it's trash. So please can someone tell me the best nokia lumia within the range of 40 to 50 grand cos i wanna get one asap.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 24, 2014
either u get the 925 which is an all rounder best for that price or u wait for successors to the mid and high ends to reach naija
kamikaze2458: I am a lover of windows phone, with due respect to android i think it's trash. So please can someone tell me the best nokia lumia within the range of 40 to 50 grand cos i wanna get one asap.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 24, 2014
trishguy: the lumia 530 is now out, its a bit disappointing but still good and its a lil bit better than the 520 and cheaper at just 115 dollars which is roughly 18,360 naira while lumia 520 is 20 thousand the phone has a better processor than d 520 at 1.2 ghz while 520 is 1:0 it also has a better screen display and so on awl definately sell my 625 which is already old and also my tecno p5 cause am already bored of android but neva sold it cause d cheapest lumia was 20k and buy 2 of this phone for my mum and maself sha when it comes out by the wat anyof you guys who wanna get a second phone like me or a windows phone should wait for it and buy
I agree,but I guess its for the low end market
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by jorges1(m): 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
runzlord:
I dont knw. Im not in owerrI. try out big intreats or hotels. But just incase u cant. Just find another phone that has 3G and can tether hotspot via wifi. Then buy MTN or ETISALAT 3Gigabyte night plan. On the orther phone. At night by 9pm. one the 3G network. Tether through wifi hotspot. Use ur phone to find the signal and download the update. Remb th o put a password unless anoda person fit update all his games and pc on ur expense. U cant finish the 3 gig so u can use it to update apps and download new ones too.
talktimi: have you tried usin a laptop as your wifi hotspot ? Or you can buy a mobile/mini wifi unit from any good computer store or any telecom providers main office
I think I Shld look for another phone with WiFi hotspot. My laptop cld find a WiFi and browse with it bt a WiFi cannot find it. I have tried and tried. Dunno what to do to d system again.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
jorges1:
I think I Shld look for another phone with WiFi hotspot. My laptop cld find a WiFi and browse with it bt a WiFi cannot find it. I have tried and tried. Dunno what to do to d system again.
some newer model blackberry phones can be used as wifi hotspots, you can try usin any of them but make sure your phone is chargin while doin the updates o, its better that way
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
Lumia 520 for sell.08064357013,ondo state only.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by solomityo(m): 1:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
jorges1:
download "connectify" in ur laptop. It will enable you send wifi from your laptop to any device. Tats wat i use to share network frm my laptop.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by zeeh: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
Will b leaving for d UK, will my Lumia 720 work ova der or I ll v to involuntarily dash out my lumia tongue
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
zeeh: Will b leaving for d UK, will my Lumia 720 work ova der or I ll v to involuntarily dash out my lumia tongue
LOL dash it to me. grin It can't work in a foreign country ever! ;P

it will certainly work in almost any country. As long as it's not locked to any network!!!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
zeeh: Will b leaving for d UK, will my Lumia 720 work ova der or I ll v to involuntarily dash out my lumia tongue
LOL dash it to me. grin It can't work in a foreign country ever! tongue

it will certainly work in almost any country. As long as it's not locked to any network!!!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hi guys. I can't upload media files or word documents via internet explorer. Is this a general problem or just specific to some Lumia models, and is this annoying bit corrected in 8.1?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by irukandji89(m): 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
Will lumia 520 ever get wp 8.1 update? Do I have to search for update with wifi? I know we can only download with wifi. But can we check with our 3g network? Why is multitasking crappy on WP8? If I switch between open apps the next one would reload, especially if its a browser. How do you experienced wp users get over this? I also think ms is now charging ppl 19 dols to register at preview site.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by solomityo(m): 11:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
UjSizzle: Hi guys. I can't upload media files or word documents via internet explorer. Is this a general problem or just specific to some Lumia models, and is this annoying bit corrected in 8.1?
its corrected in 8.1
it was general for all wp8.0
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by solomityo(m): 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
irukandji89: Will lumia 520 ever get wp 8.1 update? Do I have to search for update with wifi? I know we can only download with wifi. But can we check with our 3g network? Why is multitasking crappy on WP8? If I switch between open apps the next one would reload, especially if its a browser. How do you experienced wp users get over this? I also think ms is now charging ppl 19 dols to register at preview site.
you can check for updates but you cant know d updates available until you download it.
Multitask is better in 8.1 jst like android phones only downside is d browser reloading.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:14am On Jul 26, 2014
solomityo:
its corrected in 8.1
it was general for all wp8.0
Thank God. Thanks smiley
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by hayor2014(m): 5:33am On Jul 26, 2014
BBM beta for Windows Phone coming out next week...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:43am On Jul 26, 2014
sad I don't understand why my phone keeps detecting updates, when nobody in Africa has cyan yet.
To make it more confusing, I'm not on developer preveiw, as I deleted the preview app long time ago without ever starting the download!

I don't have Mb to waste if it's developer preview o!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 26, 2014
Elxandre: sad I don't understand why my phone keeps detecting updates, when nobody in Africa has cyan yet.
To make it more confusing, I'm not on developer preveiw, as I deleted the preview app long time ago without ever starting the download!

am sorry for saying this but are you stupid, you are saying that your phone is detecting an update and you dont want to download wow you may even be the only one in nigeria who is getting 8:1 update now and by the way which phone are you using and there is no way you can download developer preview if you arent a developer eh just download it and tell how it is
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
i just got cyan. lumia users using 625 and 925 can check for the updates now. its available.

Plus good news again. BBM is coming next week as promised by Blackberry

http://www.podmetro.com/2014/07/bbm-coming-to-all-windows-phone-devices-end-july-next-week.html

Elxandre: sad I don't understand why my phone keeps detecting updates, when nobody in Africa has cyan yet.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
i would advice those using 625 and 925 to revert to the normal windows phone 8 by searching for nokia software recover tool http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/supportFiles/phones/files/recovery/NokiaSoftwareRecoveryToolInstaller.exe

Then checking for the update as microsoft has halted the update from developer edition of 8.1. this is only for 625 and 925 users for now
trishguy: am sorry for saying this but are you stupid, you are saying that your phone is detecting an update and you dont want to download wow you may even be the only one in nigeria who is getting 8:1 update now and by the way which phone are you using and there is no way you can download developer preview if you arent a developer eh just download it and tell how it is
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 12:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
trishguy: am sorry for saying this but are you stupid, you are saying that your phone is detecting an update and you dont want to download wow you may even be the only one in nigeria who is getting 8:1 update now and by the way which phone are you using and there is no way you can download developer preview if you arent a developer eh just download it and tell how it is
The silly thing is you didn't bother to know what device I have before concluding! angry
I'm no noob..
Lumia 520 has seen cyan in only France.
I have limited data, and I don't want to waste it.

I actually started the download, but I quit it. Will download and see in a few days time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.