Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure (65181 Views)

10 Healthy Foods That Are Actually Not Healthy / How To Lower Blood Pressure, Using Foods, Herbs And Natural Supplements / 5 Top Weight Loss Nigerian Foods! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by HolyHolla(m): 7:27am On Jul 21, 2013
Run the soft insides of breadfruit in your blending machine and gulp it down. Guaranteed to keep stroke under the carpets.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by sanandreas(m): 7:32am On Jul 21, 2013
Very good.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by jimino(m): 7:43am On Jul 21, 2013
Nice post. Bt we shld pray harder dat nigerians shld hv choices wen it comes 2 fud because as i speak some nigerians dnt hv wat 2 eat
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Balkan(m): 7:51am On Jul 21, 2013
aniiii:

grin No, I am afraid not.
are you a Dr. Or what?
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 21, 2013
nijanigga: Be careful of fish polluted with mercury very harmful.The best that can lower high blood pressure is BEET ROOT.If you can squeeze the juice out,within hours, guaranteed your blood pressure will fall if it was high. Very helpful to athletes especially runners,if you eat it roasted just before going running.
what is beet root brother?
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by ozoemeka(m): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2013
bookmark
aniiii: African yam/ Sweet Potato:
African Yam and Sweet Potato plays an important role in lowering blood pressure.
They provide a good source of vitamin B-6. This vitamin is important in protecting blood vessels from damage. Vitamin B-6 breaks down a material known as homocysteine, which increases the risk of medical conditions such as heart attacks and strokes.

[img]http://vincesmarket.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Yam-SP-Crosscut-copy1.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 21, 2013
BUT THESE THINGS LISTED ARE EVERYDAY MEALS IN NAIJA
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 21, 2013
nijanigga: Be careful of fish polluted with mercury very harmful.The best that can lower high blood pressure is BEET ROOT.If you can squeeze the juice out,within hours, guaranteed your blood pressure will fall if it was high. Very helpful to athletes especially runners,if you eat it roasted just before going running.
What is BEET root, and how can one get it?
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by ikehvic2(m): 8:20am On Jul 21, 2013
this is a lesson for some people concerning their selective attitude toward food.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by legendsilver(m): 8:42am On Jul 21, 2013
Now I knw why my friend always eat beans, onions, guava n fish. Tanks 4 dis info, Jah bless u plenty
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by ItMilly(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2013
Serve tHe food nau...abi if u gO party u nO gO eat undecided
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by banky222: 9:29am On Jul 21, 2013
Tolexander: Aniii! This na temptation ooooo. where can I get ijebu garri now?
Nice work!

What about this food in the picture below that has been sustaining nigerians before the existence of the geographical nomenclature?
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by dokunbam(m): 9:36am On Jul 21, 2013
Page reserved

People like food o, see page view and comments
Una no dey go chuch?

I have all these ingredient at home, I will be back with my own picture.

I was thinking of preparing yam and beans before

Why do we add all these ingredient together and make a yam and beans porridge.

Oya let's go there
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by mcevans1(m): 9:39am On Jul 21, 2013
Lifebender: You forgot to add igbo(it's good for giving the body more dan enof confidence)cheesycheesy
you will feel like amaechi..sorry Shekau grin

Hahahahahahahahahahaha *falls from mango tree*
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by wendieposh: 9:40am On Jul 21, 2013
Must the listed food(s) be cooked and eaten together? Can't we just take two or three and prepare...like cook beans with blended garlic and sliced cabbage? Instead of preparing the Tilapia sauce with beans in it.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by amymax(f): 9:49am On Jul 21, 2013
Raypawer: ...... since 12midnight wey I wake up I no fit close my eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@op na d nornal 9ja food them b dis na!

This is wat I call real nigeria food

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by citiconnect: 9:51am On Jul 21, 2013

How can I get beet root? Is it readily available in d market, does it have a local name?
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] na beans sure pass oo. kiss
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 21, 2013
na beans sure pass oo. kiss
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Btruth: 9:56am On Jul 21, 2013
What about the un-ripe plantain? I think it produce a lot of protein when boil than fried though.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by olyalby(m): 10:09am On Jul 21, 2013
Smh
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Forwetinnah: 10:10am On Jul 21, 2013
cheesy grin cheesy..there's never a dull moment on Nairaland, that bag of Ijebu garri, the soaked garri and groundnut and lifebenders post have made my day, I zon zie!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Reference(m): 10:35am On Jul 21, 2013
Nice presentation but one of the problems of obesity and its relations is portion sizes. The quantity of food in those pics can be misleading. Anyone of those can still kill you in the long run. We eat way beyond our metabolism in this country. Its not always about what we eat but about the timing and the quantities as well. I know someone who ran down his blood pressure over indulging on bananas. Wisdom is finding the right balance.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Reference(m): 10:39am On Jul 21, 2013
amy max:

This is wat I call real nigeria food

These are the kinds of portions that kill people in the long run. Except if you're an active athlete you shouldn't be attempting this.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by aniiii(f): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2013
Reference: Nice presentation but one of the problems of obesity and its relations is portion sizes. The quantity of food in those pics can be misleading. Anyone of those can still kill you in the long run. We eat way beyond our metabolism in this country. Its not always about what we eat but about the timing and the quantities as well. I know someone who ran down his blood pressure over indulging on bananas. Wisdom is finding the right balance.

I agree! Please feel free to open a thread about it. It is highly informative.
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Otses(f): 10:45am On Jul 21, 2013
Nice post, will try it out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by morningsta(m): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2013
Beet roots don't grow locally in Nigeria and many other African countries. If you really want beet roots, then try Shoprite because they sell all manners of foreign vegetables.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Ademo2: 11:29am On Jul 21, 2013
@ nii,may God bless u 4 dis wonderful post.tanks
Re: Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure by Kenneth87(m): 11:40am On Jul 21, 2013
ok thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Health Advice: Doctors Online / Identical Twins Married To Twins Give Birth To Identical Twins Same Day / 5 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 323 . 85 discharged. 10 deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.