Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Islam And Under Age Marriage! - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Under Age Marriage! (29902 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / Senator Yerimah Clears The Air On The Issue Of 'under Age Marriage' / Islam's Position On Paedophilia And Marriage Of Under-age Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Mustay(m): 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
baba dey:

Which of the historical record is now valued more than the holy Quran undecided??. I can bring out the verse in the holy Quran where it is stated that she was 6 or so.

Pleaae do, am actually waiting for this. If there's one tool enemies of Islam wish to seek to destroy Islam, it's DISTORTION OF FACTS. Other means have been tried to no avail but these - media propaganda, trying to change the content of the Qur'an, fake hadith etc. In fact, fake hadith is timeless. Those who collected these hadith faced these challenges too - thousands of false narrations, weak chain etc. If you rely absolutely on the internet as guidance (another means where these people create so-called Islamic sites), you'll be massively misguided. Get the right EDUCATION - there's a reason why religious scholars still exist.

2 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by LagosShia: 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
vedaxcool:

pls direct your comments to Khomeini and members of the Iranian Parliament who think otherwise.

my words are for all muslims who insist to be stuck in the past.

but no one should try to justify anything using the lie concocted by Aisha that she was 9 year old when the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his pure Ahlul-Bayt) married her.historical records convincingly expose her as a liar.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Psylas(m): 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
"If ♈ōϋ ¢αή't convince them ♈ōϋ confuse them"
†ђά̲†'s wђã†̥ muslims ά̲яє đǿing
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by omoobajeje1(m): 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
Who cares about your useless perception?
Ibanga p: Preach to me all you want, it doesn't change my perception of Islam and what it stands for........ A religion of

Complete the sentence at ur own risk.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by babadey(m): 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
opey25: stop disgracing urself publicly,there is no verse in the holy quran that stated that she was 6

You call this disgrace?... I laff in arabic grin
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by DeepSight(m): 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2013
Smayee: D rate christain criticise evrytyn abt islam is alarming muslims hardly abuse jesus or mary but only try to reason wit christain concernin dat dey dnt undastand. I hate wen christain refer to d holy prophet anyhow u guys shuld beta watch it or it might turn into religion. Islam doesn't force anyone to practise we d muslims accept wot ws revealed to us withou question n average muslim will neva force u 2do wot we r doing.whats ur concern?

O really? You would not force others against their will, and yet, you will tolerate the marriage of minors? How is that not force? What minor has a say in that, be honest, for once. Also the punishment for apostasy (leaving islam) is death, no? How is that live and let live?

4 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by vedaxcool(m): 3:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
eagle,eye:

Anybody can register a DOT COM and claim to be the Catholic Church. Moreover Christains will believe you more if you can site a bible reference.

why don't u prove otherwise, keep Sheilding yourself from the truth. the fact is there r Christians who believe Joseph was 90 when he married Mary who was his just 14.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by kolado(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
eagle,eye:
Why will she even want to renounce her citizenship in the first place?
So if she where, let's say 50 years and unmarried she is not of full age to renounce her citizenship?
Abeg carry your interpretation comot for here.
MUMU,you should be asking ur castrated fools called senators not me since you don't understand english enough to know that the section 29(4)(b)applies only to renunciation of citizenship and not underage marriage.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by babadey(m): 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
Mustay:

Pleaae do, am actually waiting for this. If there's one tool enemies of Islam wish to seek to destroy Islam, it's DISTORTION OF FACTS. Other means have been tried to no avail but these - media propaganda, trying to change the content of the Qur'an, fake hadith etc. In fact, fake hadith is timeless. Those who collected these hadith faced these challenges too - thousands of false narrations, weak chain etc. If you rely absolutely on the internet as guidance (another means where these people create so-called Islamic sites), you'll be massively misguided. Get the right EDUCATION - there's a reason why religious scholars still exist.

I'm not trying to destroy anything brother,I'm not ur enemy too. I got my findings from a site,which I don't fully concur wif. I have been trying for long to find a Quran translated to english but to no avail(maybbe cos I'm not eager sha).I'm a christain that (will) loves to know everything about other religions for a good cause
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by stopit: 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2013
Guy I think d best thing to do is to state facts from your quoran because d senators and others cited facts about prophet mohammed having canal knowledge of aisha at age 9.so if you want to contradict their statements please cite facts,because we hear that this takes place in the north and most of them do this and believe it was cited by prophet mohammed.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by vedaxcool(m): 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
^

superb lying skills, wellllldone grin grin
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by ommo(m): 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
eagle,eye:

If the prophet did no such thing, why then are his follows ALL OVER THE WORLD doing it, even till this day?

First of all there poster i responded to, claimed his source as the Quran, which is every misleading and untrue secondly, is it all the actions of christians of today are christ like if i may ask?

Marrying under aged girls is as old as Adam and it was practice by virtually all tribes and race of the world, it is until recently that some tribes have tried control or regulate it. Till today it is still being practice among some tribes and ethnic groups. So don't give it a religious under tone until you have your facts.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Ishilove: 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
abdulkayus: The "Under-age" Marriage with consummation (I.e. carnal knowledge, sexual intercourse) is not permitted in Islam, a girl has to reach the age of puberty before marriage can be consummated (I.e. carnal knowledge, sexual intercourse) .

But Islam permits the betrothal, engagement and marriage of a girl even at birth and of-course this has always been the practice of many cultures in Africa and the world over.
However , the girl might grow up and refused to be married to the man she is betrothed, engaged or married to at birth - either due to religion or lack of love.
Her permission must be sought before the marriage could be consummated. There is no forced marriage in Islam.

The Prophet (Peace and blessings of God be upon him) did not approve of forced marriage.
He [the best of mankind] (saw) is the best example for us to follow. Allahu Allam....Allah knows best.
Toh. Na una sabi.

Tell it to all those little kids yonder north who suffer VVF because their daddy's age mates started sleeping with them and impregnated them before they were physically mature to handle such

1 Like

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by pbling: 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2013
were is dat yerima dat was yellin abt islam,som pple ll jst tun bible n quran upside
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by 3kay945(m): 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
Either it is Yerima or like minds, I know all they simply want is a VIRGIN. Since its hard to get at older age, they prefer catching them too young grin
Let them come and denie this cool.
They may use religion to cover up though. cry

3 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by babadey(m): 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
vedaxcool: ^

superb lying skills, wellllldone grin grin

If I'm to join your FOOLyandry,I'll state tons of sites that says he married aisha @ that age and with the backings of some of their scholars. Continue ur internet 'search-and-beleive-everything' style,it is permitted.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
'Na wa o!' Thank GOD 4 christianity. My aboki friend was trying to convince me about early marriage. This act is satanic. Those who practise this religion are in bondage. No wonder they have the highest case of vvf 'abi'? Thank GOD for CHRIST for his HOLY and Peaceful teachings. 'Even as them dey fast dem wan carry their frustration put 4 people. Fasting wey dem dey chop in the morning break evening lol Dat wan no b fasting na'. Mtscheeew Ill die a true christian in JESUS CHRIST Name. AMEN

3 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Psylas(m): 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
There ίƨ nothing wrong with ίτ
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Sall(m): 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
Do muslims worship allah or the prophet, must you people follow every thing the prophet says
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by vedaxcool(m): 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
Spain
The age of consent in Spain is 13, as specified by the Spanish Penal Code, Article 181(2). However, if deceit is used in gaining the consent of a minor under 16 years an individual can be charged under Article 183(1) upon parental complaint.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by dnative(m): 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

You are an illiterate. Worse, you are a presumptuous illieterate. The sort of illiterate who will try to teach Phd holders how to write A - B - C. A delirious illiterate.

1. It is not a "new law." It is not even a law at all. It is a vote on an amendment - which has not passed yet because it still has to be passed by the House of Representatives, and by at least 2/3rds of all the Houses of Assembly of the States of the Federation.

2. Minors, all over the world, do not have what is called in law, "Capacity to Contract." As such, they cannot take legally binding actions. This is a simple and universal principle predicated on the recognition that minors are not of suitable maturity to be held absolutely bound by decisions in the way that full adults are.

For this reason, minors do not suffer the same penalties as adults do for crimes: even the worst crimes, such as murder. For this same reasons, Minors are not permitted to vote, to purchase alcohol, or to drive.

Now, if it is accepted that minors lack capacity to contract, how then should minors be permitted to enter into the most decisive and binding contract of all - marriage? Does the potential for undue influence of the minor elude you?

3. Following on the principle of Capacity to Contract, why should a minor be donated with rights with legal implications such as renunciation of citizenship?

4. You are a leering pedophile are you not? Obsessed with thoughts of screwing 3 year old girls, are you not? Fess up. Your condition can be treated.

wa gbayi!
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by kwajahafiz(m): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
Load of crap..Why is what I hear about islam always different from the actions I see its participants engaged in?....Are the masses fools?. Do we not see this things happening around us everyday?.

1 Like

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by babadey(m): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
ommo:

First of all there poster i responded to, claimed his source as the Quran, which is every misleading and untrue secondly, is it all the actions of christians of today are christ like if i may ask?

Marrying under aged girls is as old as Adam and it was practice by virtually all tribes and race of the world, it is until recently that some tribes have tried control or regulate it. Till today it is still being practice among some tribes and ethnic groups. So don't give it a religious under tone until you have your facts.

Now uve spoken smiley. WE are not the ones who is giving it a religious tone. Your elders in north(senators,imam) said,it is right in islam and allowed,all they did was putting it on the basis of religion. Aint they muslims or they are different types?

2 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by DeepSight(m): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
vedaxcool: Spain
The age of consent in Spain is 13, as specified by the Spanish Penal Code, Article 181(2). However, if deceit is used in gaining the consent of a minor under 16 years an individual can be charged under Article 183(1) upon parental complaint.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

And this makes you sleep well at night abi? If at all this is true, then it rebounds on you as Spain is historically the only European country to have been ruled by muslims for centuries. So that will explain such a tradition!

4 Likes

Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by osisiego: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
Its unfortunate that 99 percent of the people making noise do not even understand the issue on ground. Get informed adequately before you open your mouth
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by LagosShia: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
Deep Sight:

Impressive. Just as when a woman is r.aped, it is her fault for being improperly dressed - - - > Now when your prophet marries an infant, the infant is clearly at fault and is a liar.

Delicious.

he did not.records prove that.

no,when a woman is ra.ped,according to the bible it is her fault for not screaming loud enough to call for rescue:

A RAPE VICTIM MUST MARRY THE RA.PIST

Deuteronomy 22:28-29
28If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and Desecrates her and they are discovered, 29he shall pay the girl’s father fifty shekels of silver.c He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Death to the Rape Victim

Deuteronomy 22:23-24
"If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife".
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by DeepSight(m): 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
baba dey:

Now uve spoken smiley. WE are not the ones who is giving it a religious tone. Your elders in north(senators,imam) said,it is right in islam and allowed,all they did was putting it on the basis of religion. Aint they muslims or they are different types?

Ask am for me o.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by Kingharzyz(m): 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
SLIDE waxie: I tink the topic is 'islam and underage marriage', so, i am discussing on such context!

That prophet called mohammed will always pass into islamic law, any crime he is guilty of, or any action he wanted to favour him!

I dnt care whether u guys wanna defend the 'reach puberty' or not, all i say is, 'any marriage below, let's say 16 should be a crime'!

I dnt wanna knw whether the lady in question had all hairs covering her triangle like a lawn, or her triangle gushes blood in d name of menstruation like a faulty tap!

Anyone who marries a lady below 16 shld face a firing squad!

I dnt care of the parents consent whom may av no choice due to poverty!
fool ode oshi.... buh you Can Have sex with 13years...to me 16 yrs old ain't a kid... even without this Law most of them are mothers..already...check ur street you'll see them..
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by ommo(m): 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
baba dey:

Are you an extremist ni? undecided. I wasn't talking to you ddude why take it personal?. LagosShia is the brother I'm trying to clarify thinggs with and the dude is answering me with serenity and by all his comments,it really shows he's a good muslim brother. If you don't like my questions or findings,pls park well.

U call me extremist? LOL, i am not surprise, if that is what you think i am for correcting your falsehood, then you are welcome. And the last i checked, this is an open forum, where i don't need permission to expose your lies. I don't think i sounded anyway offensive in my first post. I saw your claim in your post were you mentioned the Quran as your source, and i decided to point it out that it is wrong that is all. You are always welcome to ask any question but, quote your sources and facts right.

And please don't play the good muslim brother card here, it would not work.
Re: Islam And Under Age Marriage! by TruthTella(m): 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
abdulkayus: The "Under-age" Marriage with consummation (I.e. carnal knowledge, sexual intercourse) is not permitted in Islam, a girl has to reach the age of puberty before marriage can be consummated (I.e. carnal knowledge, sexual intercourse) .

But Islam permits the betrothal, engagement and marriage of a girl even at birth and of-course this has always been the practice of many cultures in Africa and the world over.
However , the girl might grow up and refused to be married to the man she is betrothed, engaged or married to at birth - either due to religion or lack of love.
Her permission must be sought before the marriage could be consummated. There is no forced marriage in Islam.

The Prophet (Peace and blessings of God be upon him) did not approve of forced marriage.
He [the best of mankind] (saw) is the best example for us to follow. Allahu Allam....Allah knows best.

[size=17pt]Muhammed married and slept with Aisha when she was 9years old.

A 9year old cannot give her consent for marriage and if she got pregnant she could have been affected by VVF. PLease, please and please, Muslims if you see something wrong with your religion then admit that your religion is faulty. Stop living in denial!!!!![/size]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? / Prayer Before Halaal Sexual Intercourse / Dog In The House Reduces Good Deeds Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.