Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 (21000 Views)

2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error / Morgan Freeman Mistaken For Nelson Mandela On Billboard In India / A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Linoversace:

he was 17 years not 12 years!

Thx I love people like u
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by kstyle2(m): 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
tellwisdom: A white old man ran away when i sat beside him some time ago on transit...was he mistaken me for Nigerian politician?? sad
....nope.he mistook u 4 chidi lloyd
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by alaladakosta(f): 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
like someone rightly said above me" never look down on anybody 'cept you admiring their shoes" we all face stuff like that every day here in the states, like the other day i went to WAWA to get myself a cup of coffee,the redhead behind was looking at like"hey u sucker,get da hell outt'a myway" saw the words in his facial expression though.lol. i intentional took all the time in this world to make my coffee rich in creamy. if it was white in front of him,u will be hearing phrase like,"oh no,take you time" i dont blame them,i blame the thugs we have as leaders in our country.
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
sakaguchi: All this classification, they are relative, if Obama had been born in Nigeria, he would have been looked on as a white dude..."OYINBO".
But then forming prejudice for once person based on color is simply shallow, especially when the meeting in focus is a gathering of "supposed cerebral individuals". If like the lady said that Obama was awkward and out of place, then I see a jaundiced opinion from somebody who is suppose to be an erudite, so him been black now makes him out of place in an academic symposium? Would he be out of place if she had seen him in jail? Sometimes I truly wonder if what we preach and what we expect the world to be is not out of tune with who we really are. Humanity has bits of racist streak in them.
Zimmerman murdered the boy, a situation which initially started from him being black.
Obama was looked down at as a waiter because he was black, and somebody who tries to preach against prejudice herself confirmed that obama was "out of place...awkward".
The Vatican while wanting to be international with the members of non-European catholics outnumbering their european counterpart brought to the world an European white man in diaspora.
Mohammed is the messenger of Allah and he has this universal appeal because he is white, if he had been born in Potiskum, we will only know of him in African history text.
Jesus Christ is the Son of god and this appeal is Universal because he is white, T.B Joshua is looked upon with surrepticious glances because he is not white, had it been he was an Italian, he would have had a world appeal and mojo.
Akon sang and sang Classics but he can never reach or not to talk of eclipsing Justin Timberlake.
If Enya was a Kenyan singing her weird song, nobody will know her outside Mombasa.
Obama (being a minority in USA) can never be the president of Nigeria if for instance his mix race is from a White woman and a Gwari/Nupe/Idoma/igala Itshekiri Man.
If David Beckham was a Nigerian, he would never had been a world star.
If Okocha were English, one could only wonder what his career would have been. We need to re-shape our inner selves, still in the 21st century, premordial streak of RACISM still hang loose in our Purine and Pyrimidine DNA strand. Humanity has a long way to go...

Saka rora ma fa igbo.. grin
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by hammedkola(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
In 1999 Thomas Muller was a ball boy at Alianz Areana, but in 2012(13 years later) he played as a striker in the Uefa Champions league final at the same Alianz Arena.... Everyone is born great, but just for you to discover yourself
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by yuzedo: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
Jakumo: Watch how a person relates to subordinates, or to those percieved to be of lower social standing, for that interaction is a more accurate and honest index of character than is the manner in which the same person relates to equals or superiors.
bro, I giveth my banana iceland savants dodo + tea every nite and day. smiley Am a good man. wink cool

1 Like

Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by nagoma(m): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
Jakumo: Watch how a person relates to subordinates, or to those percieved to be of lower social standing, for that interaction is a more accurate and honest index of character than is the manner in which the same person relates to equals or superiors.

copy copy cat. Why don't you mention where you are qouting from Sir?
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Linoversace: 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Thx I love people like u
wink
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by sugardaddy1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
nagoma:

Oya tell us abi na u him quote from?
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by landinfo: 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
nagoma:

are u 4 real?
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Lugboye247(m): 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
cheesy
Starlett:

http://www.africaeagle.com/2013/07/six-years-before-he-was-president.html shocked
On
Tuesday, Barack Obama was elected the
44th president of the United States .”
Incredible! She approached a humble
Barack Obama, who would, within six
years, be the President of the United
States. Here’s where it gets weird:
“What I will always remember,” Rosman
wrote in 2008, “is as I was leaving that
party … I was approached by another
guest, an established author. He asked
about the man I had been talking to.
Sheepishly he told me he didn’t know
that Obama was a guest at the party,
and had asked him to fetch him a drink.
In less than six years, Obama has gone
from being mistaken for a waiter
among the New York media elite, to the
president-elect. What a country......lols
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by PStacks(m): 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
And People would come here and complain about the West. As if there has ever been any system that is Perfect in itself.
The West is Not Perfect but America is Number 1 as it stands today.

People should never chase shadows and forget the substance.. It is really dangerous.

The System in the West has brought up an African-American and I'm proud of that and atleast as a poor black Nigeria Boy, I have an African-American success Story I can Associate with..

Obama 4 Mankind.
When I think that I can't, I En-vision Obama.

Against all odds, he made it.
He Made it Big despite African-American..

I love the side that says in a "Free World"

Freedom is Important.

Thank God for the Founding Fathers.

That God for the Right to Live.
Thank God for the Rights to live Freely.
Thank God for the right to the Pursuit of Happiness.

Obama had the right to live, Obama had the right to live Freely and Obama had the right to pursue whatever made him Happy..
Obama is an African-American production of the West we all come here to speak about.

Long live Barrack Obama.
God Bless Barrack Obama..

Obama, Mandela my Legends Alive..
Obama 4 Mankind.
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by PStacks(m): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
And People would come here and complain about the West. As if there has ever been any system that is Perfect in itself.
The West is Not Perfect but America is Number 1 as it stands today.

People should never chase shadows and forget the substance.. It is really dangerous.

The System in the West has brought up an African-American and I'm proud of that. at least as a poor black Nigeria Boy, I have an African-American success Story I can Associate with..

Obama 4 Mankind.
When I think that I can't, I En-vision Obama.

Against all odds, he made it.
He Made it Big despite being African-American..

I love the side that says in a "Free World"

Freedom is Important.

Thank God for the Founding Fathers.

That God for the Right to Live.
Thank God for the Rights to live Freely.
Thank God for the right to the Pursuit of Happiness.

Obama had the right to live, Obama had the right to live Freely and Obama had the right to pursue whatever made him Happy! Even the Office of the Presidency..

Obama is an African-American production of the West we all come here to speak ill about.

Long live Barrack Obama.
God Bless Barrack Obama..

Obama, Mandela my Legends Alive..
Obama 4 Mankind.
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
hammedkola: In 1999 Thomas Muller was a ball boy at Alianz Areana, but in 2012(13 years later) he played as a striker in the Uefa Champions league final at the same Alianz Arena.... Everyone is born great, but just for you to discover yourself

"Allianz Arena" had not been built as at 1999.
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by rotexsky(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
WHO IS OBAMA?
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by stexsy(m): 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
Not possible in nigeria
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by stexsy(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
rotexsky: WHO IS OBAMA?
its a name of a person, animal, place or thing
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by stexsy(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
angrym
its a name of a person, animal, place or angrything
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by firestar(f): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2013

Word.
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Swaginton(m): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
sakaguchi: All this classification, they are relative, if Obama had been born in Nigeria, he would have been looked on as a white dude..."OYINBO".
But then forming prejudice for once person based on color is simply shallow, especially when the meeting in focus is a gathering of "supposed cerebral individuals". If like the lady said that Obama was awkward and out of place, then I see a jaundiced opinion from somebody who is suppose to be an erudite, so him been black now makes him out of place in an academic symposium? Would he be out of place if she had seen him in jail? Sometimes I truly wonder if what we preach and what we expect the world to be is not out of tune with who we really are. Humanity has bits of racist streak in them.
Zimmerman murdered the boy, a situation which initially started from him being black.
Obama was looked down at as a waiter because he was black, and somebody who tries to preach against prejudice herself confirmed that obama was "out of place...awkward".
The Vatican while wanting to be international with the members of non-European catholics outnumbering their european counterpart brought to the world an European white man in diaspora.
Mohammed is the messenger of Allah and he has this universal appeal because he is white, if he had been born in Potiskum, we will only know of him in African history text.
Jesus Christ is the Son of god and this appeal is Universal because he is white, T.B Joshua is looked upon with surrepticious glances because he is not white, had it been he was an Italian, he would have had a world appeal and mojo.
Akon sang and sang Classics but he can never reach or not to talk of eclipsing Justin Timberlake.
If Enya was a Kenyan singing her weird song, nobody will know her outside Mombasa.
Obama (being a minority in USA) can never be the president of Nigeria if for instance his mix race is from a White woman and a Gwari/Nupe/Idoma/igala Itshekiri Man.
If David Beckham was a Nigerian, he would never had been a world star.
If Okocha were English, one could only wonder what his career would have been. We need to re-shape our inner selves, still in the 21st century, premordial streak of RACISM still hang loose in our Purine and Pyrimidine DNA strand. Humanity has a long way to go...
woah take it easy luther,ure makin sum salient points bt dnt let ur insecurities take d beta of u...u shudnt go around blamin individuals' failures on d 'black' factor...success as well as failure is relative;it depends on ha far u envisioned n hw well ure prepared

1 Like

Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by stephenponti(m): 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
The frequency of your grammatical acumen is obvious.
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by PStacks(m): 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
bejahisky:

Saka rora ma fa igbo.. grin

Someone comes to make a point on nairaland, the person appears too good or too intelligent for you to match! Next thing is from ur stuipidity associate it with Igbo..

Obama is American President today but his nick name in college was Barrak O'ganja. Barrack Obama had at one point or the other admitted to Marijuana.. If you smoke and get calm and reason well, that's ur business, if you smoke and go to the bus-stop and fight like an agbero that's ur business same way u go for a drinking competition and drink 6 litres and drink urself to death..

It should be noted that when people speak on pertinent matters and serious issues, people that are either too dull to comprehend or or too lousy to bring lousy Jokes, such people should never make it to where intelligent people are trying to make a point.. Mediocre minds shouldn't be on this forum in the first place.. This guy made a very lovely and intellectual point I am learning from all for me to see an idiot like u say ko ro ra ma fa igbo..

If he smoke's igbo, how d f*uck does that affects you? Has he said anything amiss? Has he shed light on the issue on ground? Has he educated you? Does he hav a valid point or not? These are the issues..
But being whom we are, Nigerians Leaves the main Object and chase Shadows...

@Saka I am proud of you! You have educated me, you have shed lights on Racism as it stands today...

Racism is Evil.
I still believe Racism is a lesser evil to Religion.

Religion is worse than Racism..

Racism divides into Black and White and is a monumental problem till today and is being tackled world all over..

Religion divides into xtain and muslims but nobody is talking about the division caused by Religion.. Everybody is talking the division caused by Racism..

Mind you, Nelson mandela didn't fight for Blacks, he fought against Racism..

If Nelson Mandela fought only for Blacks, Whites won't be in S/A today..

Nelson Mandela fought Racism for Unity

We can Fight Religion for Unity.

1 Like

Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
[quote author=dannysteve99@ya][/quote]
The conclusion of d whole matter is that we'll all end up six feet under d ground!
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Obama is still on food stamp with his Muslim name though. Crook assss Kenyan
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
P.Stacks:

Someone comes to make a point on nairaland, the person appears too good or too intelligent for you to match! Next thing is from ur stuipidity associate it with Igbo..

Obama is American President today but his nick name in college was Barrak O'ganja. Barrack Obama had at one point or the other admitted to Marijuana.. If you smoke and get calm and reason well, that's ur business, if you smoke and go to the bus-stop and fight like an agbero that's ur business same way u go for a drinking competition and drink 6 litres and drink urself to death..

It should be noted that when people speak on pertinent matters and serious issues, people that are either too dull to comprehend or or too lousy to bring lousy Jokes, such people should never make it to where intelligent people are trying to make a point.. Mediocre minds shouldn't be on this forum in the first place.. This guy made a very lovely and intellectual point I am learning from all for me to see an idiot like u say ko ro ra ma fa igbo..

If he smoke's igbo, how d f*uck does that affects you? Has he said anything amiss? Has he shed light on the issue on ground? Has he educated you? Does he hav a valid point or not? These are the issues..
But being whom we are, Nigerians Leaves the main Object and chase Shadows...

@Saka I am proud of you! You have educated me, you have shed lights on Racism as it stands today...

Racism is Evil.
I still believe Racism is a lesser evil to Religion.

Religion is worse than Racism..

Racism divides into Black and White and is a monumental problem till today and is being tackled world all over..

Religion divides into xtain and muslims but nobody is talking about the division caused by Religion.. Everybody is talking the division caused by Racism..

Mind you, Nelson mandela didn't fight for Blacks, he fought against Racism..

If Nelson Mandela fought only for Blacks, Whites won't be in S/A today..

Nelson Mandela fought Racism for Unity

We can Fight Religion for Unity.

Shut up joor..
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by pekelepekele(m): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
I am black but truth be told . There is something wrong with we blacks , which is the hatred we have towards one another . If we can start loving ourselves and stop seeing ourselves as low people to the white , I believe the whole thing about the white hating on the blacks will stop.

I produce ogogoro you know help me buy am na oyinbo whiskey you prefer undecided but na still from me the oyinbo dey buy ogogoro take produce whiskey for you

1 Like

Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
pekelepekele: I am black but truth be told . There is something wrong with we blacks , which is the hatred we have towards one another . If we can start loving ourselves and stop seeing ourselves as low people to the white , I believe the whole thing about the white hating on the blacks will stop.

I produce ogogoro you know help me buy am na oyinbo whiskey you prefer undecided but na still from me the oyinbo dey buy ogogoro take produce whiskey for you

God bless you sirsmiley
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Anniettieufia(m): 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
cry
Wonderful lesson,
Truly ,
This is the same way
my size
And
my eyes
Are deceiving
many people.
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Chriz(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
iamswizz: Well.. Our own president was always mistaken as a:

1. Clown
2. Retardeen
3. Fisherman
4. Otuoke fishFarmer
5. Retardeen again.

Even the clueless one. Loll!
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by Jankoller(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ask Google.
Re: Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 by chessguru1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
tongue guy which textbook you copy this thing from
Na play o tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zimbabwe Okays Payment Of School Fees With Goats / UK Rejects Opening Borders To Ukraine Refugees / US Army Soldier Indicted And Accused Of Selling Sensitive Military Information.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.