Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! (933 Views)

Minor Could Be A Bride Stop The Fuse And Get Educated-muslim's View On Underage / Propaganda Campaign In Nigeria Against Iran And Muslims.Please Muslims Beware! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by ziccoit: 7:04am On Jul 22, 2013
My brothers and sisters in Islam. We need to be very careful how we interpret issues that bother on our religion. Islam is a religion with laid down rules, laws, cultures etc that don't change with time. That is why a Muslim is a Muslim. Islam is Islam. There is nothing like modern Muslim or Islam.

This bring us to the issue of underage marriage. It has been explained that Islam allows such. If you are a Muslim who wants to meet Allah in peace, you must accept this and never go against it lest you go foul of Allah and His Prophet's injunction. Don't let those who know nothing about Islam push you into darkness. Nobody asks you to practice that. Your responsibility as a Muslim is to believe and accept such as the correct injunction as laid down by Allah and His Prophet.
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by Lanrefahm(m): 7:17am On Jul 22, 2013
Dont mind those ignoramus,is d media i blame, they are the 1 giving it name to make it seem bad.and dey did not bother to read the bill details.there is nothing dey can do about dey just going to b backing like dogs as they always do
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by iamswizz(m): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2013
So because Mohammed did it.. Means it should legalised in Nigeria?

This is just annoying.. I hope u know they did not pass the law for only muslims, because if it were, then it could have been better..

Nigerians!!! Be wise! These people are trying their best to Islamise Nigeria.. Trust me, it wont work!

Since the brain Allah gave you thinks Effing a likkle girl is the right thing to do..

Why are you not obeying the ones that boko haram are obeying.. Dont tell me they misinterpreted it o.. Because it is as clear as Bleep..
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2013
So majority of Muslims support this? I'm curious
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by LagosShia: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2013
[size=14pt]"Muslims Reject Child Marriage And Absolve Islam Of The Blame Based On Facts"[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1366430/muslims-reject-child-marriage-absolve
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by LagosShia: 9:37am On Jul 22, 2013
ziccoit: My brothers and sisters in Islam. We need to be very careful how we interpret issues that bother on our religion. Islam is a religion with laid down rules, laws, cultures etc that don't change with time. That is why a Muslim is a Muslim. Islam is Islam. There is nothing like modern Muslim or Islam.

This bring us to the issue of underage marriage. It has been explained that Islam allows such. If you are a Muslim who wants to meet Allah in peace, you must accept this and never go against it lest you go foul of Allah and His Prophet's injunction. Don't let those who know nothing about Islam push you into darkness. Nobody asks you to practice that. Your responsibility as a Muslim is to believe and accept such as the correct injunction as laid down by Allah and His Prophet.

please beware that the above poster is an imposter who may not be muslim.
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by siddiq202(m): 12:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
LagosShia:

please beware that the above poster is an imposter who may not be muslim.

What proof do you have for this allegation?
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by azzezs: 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2013
Another stupid sharia law where anyone can marry a young girl of six, old lecherous men would pass this law because they have abundant poor family where they can choose a youg bride of six, all this stupid talk of consummation is B.S. onces an old man marries off a young girl of six,nothing stops him from having sex with her. more bad name for the religion of ...,well you all know.
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by vedaxcool(m): 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
LagosShia: ^

The Ayatollah is correct in saying the Salafists/Wahhabis are not Muslims and are Zionists,based on the word of the holy Prophet (sa) and politics respectively. .. they (salafists/wahhabis) declare them as "kuffar" and "mushrikeen".as per the words of the holy Prophet (sa) anyone declaring a muslim an "unbeliever" means that person is in fact himself the unbeliever.

a victim of his own words.

siddiq202:

What proof do you have for this allegation?

1 Like

Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by BetaThings: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
ziccoit: My brothers and sisters in Islam. We need to be very careful how we interpret issues that bother on our religion. Islam is a religion with laid down rules, laws, cultures etc that don't change with time. That is why a Muslim is a Muslim. Islam is Islam. There is nothing like modern Muslim or Islam.

Who defines underage?
Very many countries in Europe put age of marriage at 15
Several have it as 14
Nigeria just picked 18 and are making it look like they did some research
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
The Quran (and Islamic Law) is abundantly supportive of child marriage. records hold that Muhammad’s (PBUH) favorite wife, Aisha, was six when he wedded her and nine when he consummated the marriage

"The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death)” (Bukhari 7.62.88)"

It is permissible to have pubescent sex with her as well. Islamic Law is explicitly clear on this
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by vedaxcool(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
quran support this but no verse to prove claims
islamic laws support this no single law has been quoted

can we consider this evangelism by lies na wa ohh grin
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
'Moderate' Muslims are typically quite embarrassed by this fact.

According to Surah 2:228, if a Muslim man wants to divorce his wife, he should wait until she has gone through three monthly cycles (i.e. three periods). But the question later arose: What are men who want a divorce supposed to do when their wives, for whatever reason, do not have monthly cycles?

The Qur'an answers this question in Surah 65:4, where it gives divorce rules for
1: women who do not have monthly cycles because they are too old,
2: girls who do not have monthly cycles because they are too young, and
3: women and girls who do not have monthly cycles because they are pregnant.

The verse declares that, if Muslim men want to divorce girls who haven't yet reached puberty, they must wait three months (after having sex with them).

Qur'an 65:4 And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair.

But please avail me of the proper interpretation if wrong
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by vedaxcool(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
typical "moderate " atheist are know to engage in evangelism by lies, supportive of child marriage? u r yet to show us the supportive verses all we r seeing r divorce unless divorce means support.
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by LagosShia: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
vedaxcool:

a victim of his own words.

silly boy,i don't know if he is a muslim.and I didn't call him a non-muslim while knowing for sure he is a muslim.this is what I stated:

"who may not be muslim".
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by vedaxcool(m): 5:54am On Jul 23, 2013
argue all u want, using your words you r required to retake your shahada, instead of playing around with words.
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by azzezs: 8:12am On Jul 23, 2013
Just woke up and started thinking of being a muslim, I would tell you why,
1. Am allowed to marry up to four wives, And I can divorce them anytime.(Interesting).
2. I can kill an infidel (non-muslim) and Allah would be praised.
3. I can lie to infidels (non muslims).
4. I can marry a six year old girl, and the interesting part is to wait till she starts menstruating...and I can mate her.(so interesting).
5. I can sin as much as i love but i can atone for my sins in fighting a jihad for Allah, afganistan, iran, syria, boko haram, here I come.

Isn't Islam a wonderful religion

Muhammed be praised!!!
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by ziccoit: 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
BetaThings:

Who defines underage?
Very many countries in Europe put age of marriage at 15
Several have it as 14
Nigeria just picked 18 and are making it look like they did some research

Like a popular Yoruba saying "atewo labala a o mo eni to ko" translates "On the palm we found the creases we don't know who make them". Who would have marked the palm if not its creator-The Almighty Allah. Allah and His prophet set a term. Who are we to question Allah's judgement not to mention that of His Messenger.

Thanks for the insight.
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by ziccoit: 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
azzez.s:
Just woke up and started thinking of being a muslim, I would tell you why,
1. Am allowed to marry up to four wives, And I can divorce them anytime.(Interesting).
2. I can kill an infidel (non-muslim) and Allah would be praised.
3. I can lie to infidels (non muslims).
4. I can marry a six year old girl, and the interesting part is to wait till she starts menstruating...and I can mate her.(so interesting).
5. I can sin as much as i love but i can atone for my sins in fighting a jihad for Allah, afganistan, iran, syria, boko haram, here I come.

Isn't Islam a wonderful religion

Muhammed be praised!!!

None of what you put up here has a semblance with Islam. Islam represents justice and peaceful coexistence with your neigbour. You can just not understand how wonderful it is unless you are of sound mind. Islam requires you being intelligent to be able to be in tune with Allah's and His prophet's dictates.
Re: Underage Marriage- Muslims Beware! by ziccoit: 11:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
LagosShia: [size=14pt]"Muslims Reject Child Marriage And Absolve Islam Of The Blame Based On Facts"[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1366430/muslims-reject-child-marriage-absolve

I pray Allah to deliver you from the clings of ignorant and gross misinterpretations in the name of blind followership of loss sect and leaders. Muslims would not be happy but rather sadden by seeing you die in this state of yours. May He open your mind to the truths so that you can become a Muslim and be useful to His course.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Yerimah Clears The Air On The Issue Of 'under Age Marriage' / Islam Have No Sects And Quran Is The Final Revelation / Salah Meat With Allah's Inscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.