Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:16 AM

Stolen Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stolen Passport (963 Views)

How To Guide Against A Stolen Nigerian International Passport / A Nigerian Caught After More Than 20 Years Of Stolen Identity In The UK / Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Passport by pekelepekele(m): 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
Hi Nlers ,

I lose my passport at gunpoint to some armed robbers that snatched my vehicle away in 2011 and now am in need of my international passport .

How difficult is it to get it replaced , i have heard people saying it's very difficult and very expensive

Advice needed

Thanksa
Re: Stolen Passport by 25omega(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
How difficult and expensive was it to get the one you lost? By the way you lost it in 2011 and you never inquired about the costs and your ability to get it since then?
Re: Stolen Passport by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
it expensive to replace and it can only be done in abuja. Visit an immigration office close to you for the requirements
Re: Stolen Passport by pekelepekele(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
honey86: it expensive to replace and it can only be done in abuja. Visit an immigration office close to you for the requirements

Thanks for the response , I appreciate it .
Re: Stolen Passport by pekelepekele(m): 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
25omega: How difficult and expensive was it to get the one you lost? By the way you lost it in 2011 and you never inquired about the costs and your ability to get it since then?

Getting a new one is easier than replacing it
Re: Stolen Passport by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
pekelepekele:

It is not possible to apply for a new one when immigrantion has his thumbprint on file. Unless the stolen passport is the old type

1 Like

Re: Stolen Passport by Godson201333(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
pekelepekele:

Please do not get a new one because thats a criminal advise..Just go to Abuja and your problem is gonna be solved..you can only get renewal with thesame information assuming your stolen passport has already expired.
Re: Stolen Passport by pekelepekele(m): 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2013
Godson201333:

Please do not get a new one because thats a criminal advise..Just go to Abuja and your problem is gonna be solved..you can only get renewal with thesame information assuming your stolen passport has already expired.

Thanks bro
Re: Stolen Passport by pekelepekele(m): 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2013
honey86:
It is not possible to apply for a new one when immigrantion has his thumbprint on file. Unless the stolen passport is the old type

You are right
Re: Stolen Passport by Originalsly: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lost is one thing but stolen?...since 2011?...and didn't report it? Are you telling us the whole story? Most likely somebody been using your passport and pray not for illegal purposes. Good luck at the office.

(1) (Reply)

10 Societies Buried Beneath Your Feet / Immigration Visa Application From NVC Is Refer Back To USCIS, What Can We Do / Picture Of Obudu (calabar)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.