Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Genevieve Nnaji’s Name/scenes INDEED Missing In ‘half Of A Yellow Sun Movie’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji’s Name/scenes INDEED Missing In ‘half Of A Yellow Sun Movie’ (906 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji & Her Brother Pose For Cool ‘snowfie’ / Pictures From Half Of A Yellow Sun Premiere In Canada / Genevieve Nnaji In Canada For 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premiere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Nnaji’s Name/scenes INDEED Missing In ‘half Of A Yellow Sun Movie’ by Kaymisola(f): 9:15am On Jul 24, 2013
A few months ago, reports from Nollywood indicated that the adaptation of Chimamanda Adichie’s award winning book, Half of a Yellow Sun, had a cast that included Thandie Newton, John Boyega, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Dominic Cooper, Anika Noni Rose, Geneveive Nnnaji and Joseph Mawle.
However, E247Mag refuted the report claiming that “Genevieve’s scenes weren’t expressly important to the story, we reliably gathered because of Ms Nnaji’s way of acting, her character dragged the storyline, so it was cut out during editing. Her minor role was compensation to Nollywood. So, the film producers might be apologetic for cutting out her parts, as she should not try to go to the cinemas to see the film with her family members, else she will give herself heartache.”
Well, the movie trailer was released a few hours ago and she was missing!I saw several naija actors but not Genevieve in the preview - Zack Orji, Onyeka Onwenu, Gloria Young, Tina Mba were all there but she wasnt or Did I miss her?
Watch Movie trailer HERE AND Read more HERE http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/07/genevieve-nnajis-name-and-scenes-indeed.html

Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s Name/scenes INDEED Missing In ‘half Of A Yellow Sun Movie’ by vislabraye(m): 9:45am On Jul 24, 2013
That's disappointing!!! It could have well been included since she has already acted the movie.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s Name/scenes INDEED Missing In ‘half Of A Yellow Sun Movie’ by omar22(m): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2013
She would be in the directors version when the dvd comes out

Thats life it does happened to the best, especially if the movie or storyline is dragging

and on the otherhand didnt she protest against using foreign actors in the movie? (I might be wrong)
Re: Genevieve Nnaji’s Name/scenes INDEED Missing In ‘half Of A Yellow Sun Movie’ by RedCard1(m): 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
It's such a sad news for my dearest Genny. I thought it was just her few scenes that were deleted, well let's see it when it comes to cinemas cos they might have not included it in the trailer. People have been saying that Genny never did well since the rumour came in january but it's not a matter of her being a good actress but significance of role. Every role that adds nothing to the story gets removed from movies like this. It has happened to many great hollywood actors although the exposure would have been good for Genny cos she has really worked hard and paid her dues. I really love her and I hope she learns from this. She is a good actress (far better than some hollywood actresses) but there is still a great need for improvement. For her to have accepted this role in question means she is really ready to improve but an acting and diction lessons will be better.

(1) (Reply)

Yinka Ayefele Donates 50million Naira Hall,books To Alma Mata / [must Read] "I Am A Victim Of Domestic Violence" - Actress Chika Ike Opens Up / Omotola Jalade Ekeinde - Exclusive Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.