Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Austria V Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Austria V Nigeria (1977 Views)

Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013 / Liberia V Nigeria: 2013 AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On September 8th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Austria V Nigeria by presido1: 5:11pm On May 26, 2008
Guys which channel will air the friendly match btw Nigeria and Austria tomorrow and the time of the game.
Any info will be appreciated.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by manickal(m): 5:22pm On May 26, 2008
AIT acquired broadcasting rights for all the super chickens matces and their likes.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by presido1: 5:25pm On May 26, 2008
What time is the match bros or u have ait web address plz
Re: Austria V Nigeria by manickal(m): 5:30pm On May 26, 2008
clueless. swore neva to watch them play till they win the world cup.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by presido1: 5:32pm On May 26, 2008
manickal:

clueless. swore never to watch them play till they win the world cup.
boot get your size oh.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by manickal(m): 5:38pm On May 26, 2008
thx, u no follow.??
Re: Austria V Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 5:56pm On May 26, 2008
Any website showing it?
Re: Austria V Nigeria by tkb417(m): 6:26pm On May 26, 2008
clueless. swore never to watch them play till they win the world cup.
grin cheesy grin the super fowls cant win the u-20 world cup sef
hehehehehehe
Re: Austria V Nigeria by pcs: 12:15pm On May 27, 2008
does anyone have the list of players around for d match
Re: Austria V Nigeria by kliverpool(m): 12:46pm On May 27, 2008
For me fixing friendly away from home is senseless,considering the fact that we have a game
in Nigeria on Sunday.
why cant we invite them to come down to Nigeria.
they will get back to Nigeria on Wednesday or Thursday,before they settle down after such a long flight
they might not even come together at once.
The people organizing our football are mumus.
let us just continue to hope and pray,for god of soccer to smile on us.

don't say i did not worn u the game against south Africa might be a sorry one.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by landis(m): 12:47pm On May 27, 2008
Re: Austria V Nigeria by doncaster(m): 12:57pm On May 27, 2008
Whats the time of the game, i know AIT is showing the game
Re: Austria V Nigeria by doncaster(m): 1:08pm On May 27, 2008
Just confirmed the time now
20:30hrs Austrian time and 19:30hrs UK and Nigerian time.
Happy viewing dudes
Re: Austria V Nigeria by bluehorizo(m): 5:54pm On May 27, 2008
Is Obafemi committed to the Eagles? Imagine the guy playing the role of a best man at a societal wedding held Saturday at the Etale Hotel in Oregun area of Lagos shunning the Super Eagles camp. Amodu has a very difficult task ahead.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by tosinadeda: 7:02pm On May 27, 2008
Make him no do him paddy wedding again ni?
Re: Austria V Nigeria by Cristalz(f): 9:50pm On May 27, 2008
Game over.
Austria 1 - 1 Nigeria
The Super Eagles played quite well tho,at least better than the show of shame @ AFCON.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by hustler(m): 9:55pm On May 27, 2008
@Cristalz

How did the game go and who were the performers for us?. i didnt even know a game was going on, State of how many ppl feel these days post AFCON 2008.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by Cristalz(f): 10:18pm On May 27, 2008
@hustler
I missed the first half and a little of the second.Dint get home in time.But from the little i watched,the highlights and post-match commentaries,it seems therez been a tangible improvement in the team.Sorry i can't say much as per defence,midfield and attack since i dint watch the game thoroughly.
Some of the regular names were present tho.I saw Kanu,Taiye Taiwo,and co,but the goalie wasn't familiar.Dint recognize him.
I guess by tomorrow someone who watched the full game will come give us proper analysis.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by hustler(m): 10:28pm On May 27, 2008
goalie wasnt familiar??

R u sure they havent recalled Rufai to the squad??LOL.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by DrKitaun(m): 10:37pm On May 27, 2008
LOL . . . . grin  grin

EUGENIA ABU    tongue

anyways, Cristalz   are u saying u don't know who Dele Aiyenugba is  shocked

I missed most of the match too, but from the little I saw, IK Kalu was man of the match and the commentators kept commending him for a game well played, shadowing Osaze and Utaka in the wings . . .

it was nice to see King Kanu, Mikel, Yakubu, Taiye, Yobo, Nwaneri et al, suffice to say the newbies M.ohammed Yusuf, Kayode Odejayi and not really new Uche Kalu the other half of the Kalu brothers were not bad-looking nor lost  cheesy  

what the hell is wrong with Utaka ?  shocked

and please no one should talk about Obafemi here, that guy is just an opportuned idiot that doesnt know that when peeps are praising u, thats the time u ought to be humble else u lose all !  angry

even Mikel seems to have turned a new leaf ! Martins should be dropped from  the national team for life !  cool

if he is making any difference in that team I would have said maybe just maybe thats the reason, but aside that he is not even one of our 5 most influential players right now but hin yanga pass anybody one . . .yeye average player !  embarassed
Re: Austria V Nigeria by ayusman16(m): 11:17pm On May 27, 2008
Talking about Martin. So u peeps think he shouldnt get a life outta football right. Am sure he must av taken permission to attend the wedding. Naija is not a country worth dying for ooo.

Nothing spectacular about today's match. The Super Fowl havent arrived yet.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by DrKitaun(m): 4:38am On May 28, 2008
he must have taken permission to be absent

guy, if u n o get anything to say . . .SHUT IT ! tongue

this guy had all the time in the world to make it to Graz . . .wasnt the wedding held on Saturday undecided

do u know how many times Martins had been sighted on a Monday, even arrested once at VGC for bad driving yet still played on Wednesday for his club ? undecided

we keep complaining about players generally yet we love to absolve some of these our fave players for no just reason . . . INDISCIPLINE IS INDISCIPLINE ! there shouldnt be any ambiguity to it ! angry
Re: Austria V Nigeria by JUNIT1(m): 9:09am On May 28, 2008
who scored?
Re: Austria V Nigeria by bgees(m): 9:21am On May 28, 2008
Why would anyone say Nigeria is'nt worth dieing for. Anyone who does'nt luv is country surely wont luv is family.

I dont think we still need martins. Why should we be concernd.
He is unpatroitic,he is a liar,he is all about d money and HE IS NOT THAT GOOD.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by ayusman16(m): 9:59am On May 28, 2008
Thats my opinion guys. U respect it or better still jump into the lake. What has Nigeria done for those who av contributed in making us proud. Have u ever asked of where Peter Fregene is? Or the guy who designed the national flag? Leave matter jo! If something should happen to any of the players; what do u think Nigeria would do for them?
Re: Austria V Nigeria by bluehorizo(m): 11:42am On May 28, 2008
We have quality strikers who are better than Martins. Just give them the chance!
Re: Austria V Nigeria by marosky(m): 12:17pm On May 28, 2008
Yussuf (the guy in jersey number 21) was not a bad player.The Eagles performed above average.The Uches were wonderful.Aiyegbeni was blowing hot and cold.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by DrKitaun(m): 12:47pm On May 28, 2008
@Ayusman16

how old are u ?

and what do u know about patriotism ? embarassed

think not about what the country can do for u but rather what u can do for ur country ! cool
Re: Austria V Nigeria by manickal(m): 12:57pm On May 28, 2008
Kalu Uche scored the only goal of the match, while Ikechukwu Uche was the main threat in the attacking midfield. the defence was lacking thru Nwaneri's wing and the inclusion of Osaze and Utaka somewhat killed the game. but the game eas okay non the least.
Re: Austria V Nigeria by kolaoloye(m): 1:12pm On May 28, 2008
bluehorizo:

We have quality strikers who are better than Martins. Just give them the chance!
You have spoken well. All the way am with you.

bluehorizo,long time no see
Re: Austria V Nigeria by ofurufu(m): 1:50pm On May 28, 2008
Not a bad game really, given Eagles' disappointing shows in recent time. Let's not forget that Austria are preparing for Euro 2008 as co-host and eager to prove a point. The large turn-out for the game says a lot about their serious approach to the game,even though we just see it as a friendly. Let's not also forget that this same team beat CIV recently. I saw it as a 50-50 game, and when we factor in home advantage for them,we 'll see that Eagles had a decent outing, although still far from the team of our dream!

All the players had a good game. Ike Uche Getafe would have been my man of the match but his final balls were not as purposeful as one would have have expected after the dribbles and the runnings on the flanks. Yusuf also had a good game,played like Taye Taiwo in his formative years. Mikel was average and ditto for most other players.

Martins?? I do not see anything wrong in leaving a friendly match to best his friend. Not wrong at all,moreso as we have more than enough strikers to choose from. It would have been a different thing if it had been a competitive game.Let us always remember that these players also have overriding family and personal interests!!!
Re: Austria V Nigeria by bgees(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2008
@Ayusman16,
kanu is a living example.d nfa did'nt help him during his heart crisis. But ,he still kept on luving this country.
Of course, he knew d nigerian fans still loved him.pple prayed for him.and thats why he is d most decoratd african footballer.KANU IS A LIVING EXAMPLE.
As for martins, sod him. Nigeria is d last thing on his selfish mind. And thats why he may rot on st.james' park.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Iceland Players Names End With 'SON' / Top 20 Football Players Of All Time. / Mayweather Lavish Cool Money On Ladies After Beating Mcgregor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.