Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Are There Expert Clojure Developers In Nigeria - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are There Expert Clojure Developers In Nigeria (1338 Views)

Ruby On Rails Developers In Nigeria / Where Are The Flex Developers in Nigeria? / Are There Any C# Developers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Expert Clojure Developers In Nigeria by codenature: 10:54am On Jul 25, 2013
We are currently looking for Clojure developers to work on our web apps.

But thus far, we have only been able to get 2 though we need about 4 developers. We are now looking outside the country.

I would prefer to recruit local developers for the project rather than European and Asian developers.

Hence, my question: where are Nigerian Clojure developers?
Re: Are There Expert Clojure Developers In Nigeria by naijaswag1: 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
You want your job done in Nigeria, platforms where developers abound include PHP, Python, ASP.NET, Java EE, Ruby on Rails. Even the worlds biggest and largest websites and web applications thrives on these. Detriments of using an less popular language. Lisp extention and functional, not many folks around here want the simple trouble it gives. Go hire Indians, Egyptians or SA guys. Good luck.
Re: Are There Expert Clojure Developers In Nigeria by codenature: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
Thanks @naija_swag. I agree with you to a reasonable extent; but the popularity of platform or language is irrelevant to what we are trying to achieve. (and, yeah, i know you could achieve the same thing in every turing complete language). But the cost of achieving it would be different.

I know clojure developers are rare compared with developers for other platforms, hence the question.
Re: Are There Expert Clojure Developers In Nigeria by kambo(m): 12:52am On Oct 23, 2013
codenature: Thanks @naija_swag. I agree with you to a reasonable extent; but the popularity of platform or language is irrelevant to what we are trying to achieve. (and, yeah, i know you could achieve the same thing in every turing complete language). But the cost of achieving it would be different.

I know clojure developers are rare compared with developers for other platforms, hence the question.

y clojure (java lisp) in a country with an entrenched IT culture like ours?
Re: Are There Expert Clojure Developers In Nigeria by johnbendie(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2013
@codenature I have been playing with clojure for 2 years now full time. Currently I work with the new pedestal platform. Previously it was ring-based frameworks. I also do clojurescript for client side development which is mostly suited to single page style web applications. I use mostly emacs for development on a day to day basis. I have been looking for people with similar interests. I typed in google the words "Nigerian clojure programmers" which landed me here. I'm glad to know there are people trying to program in a sane way separating state from identity. I once went to Seamfix for an interview and was surprised to learn my interviewer hadn't heard of clojure. I was embarassed. Write me if you'll like us to chitty chat a bit on clojure, the most interesting language on the planet. johnbendie [at] gmail [dot] com.
Re: Are There Expert Clojure Developers In Nigeria by TheSociopath(m): 2:05pm On Apr 05, 2020
codenature:
Thanks @naija_swag. I agree with you to a reasonable extent; but the popularity of platform or language is irrelevant to what we are trying to achieve. (and, yeah, i know you could achieve the same thing in every turing complete language). But the cost of achieving it would be different.

In case you need interns please

(1) (Reply)

Google Chrome Profile Version Error. Error Message / Hello I Need A Great Developer To Work Out A Great Video Advertising Platform / My Personal Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.