Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Please Advice!!! - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Please Advice!!! (775 Views)

Please Advice A Brother.... / Am Too Shy To Talk To Ladies.please Advice Me On What To Do. / Please Advice Him(naijasugardate.com)are They Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice!!! by faithuak(f): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2013
Pls,with all seriousness,pls,som1 help me out,plssssss,I dnt want to make a mistake that I would ever regret in my life,can an Urhobo girl get married to an Edo guy?Esan 4 dat matter?pls what are the sides effect of it?I dnt want 2 b carried away by luv and in 10yrs to come,I would start cryin or regretting getting married 2 an Esan guy.pls som1 help me out,so I know if am on the right track plssssssssss.
Re: Please Advice!!! by cipslim(m): 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hi...

First I need to ask these questions... What are your reasons for thinking that an Urhobo girl shouldn't get married to an Esan man? What is so terrible about Esan..?(I am not even Esan..Yoruba) Are the Urhobo ladies forbidden from marrying Esan men?

Secondly... marriage is more about maturity, patience, endurance, forgiveness and tolerance. No one said the Journey into Marriage is going to be easy or perfect.... There will be time in every marriage when the couples get fed up of each other and want to go different ways but maturity, patience, endurance, forgiveness and tolerance keeps it going.. Mind you when you get over that stage, Things will be fine.
I am a guy but there is one thing I definitely know about marriage.. " If a marriage works, It’s the woman that have done the hard job"

Thirdly... I have seen one, two, many marriages... Some of same ethnic, same language, same village and it all end up broken... Esan Men might have a so called Reputation.. That doesn't mean every Esan man is bad... An Urhobo Man wed an Urhobo lady doesn't mean it will end well or last more than 2 years. My dear it’s not about where the man or woman is from.. It’s more about the individual... Does the fellow have a good heart, Is the fellow someone that i can accommodate at my moody days .. does he or she makes me happy.. Do I see myself living and waking up to this fellow... when is little or nothing can I withstand or share with him or her.. There are more questions like this and I stand to be corrected ... I thinks marriage has more to it that just tribe or ethnic..

Lastly I live in a place where divorce and separations is a door bell.. where man get adviced not to get married... yet I quote from Socrate "By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." likewise for Women too..

Back to your Question....
I don't know if you are on the Right Track or Wrong track... I am not sure if anyone can answer that question better than you... You know what you want better I assume.
Kindly stop thinking negatively... You are going to a marriage (a whole life long journey) and you having notion that it might not work in 10 years’ time... Please think positively.. have little faith and be determined, it will surely work out for you best....

Cheers
Re: Please Advice!!! by faithuak(f): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
Thanks dear,u d best,is just dat I luv dis guy so much,bt dnt want 2 b carried away by just luv only,nt lukin at oda aspect of lif itself,am d only child of my parents,and they also wish I get married 2 a close tribe,nt 2far 4rm hom,bt am nt worried abt dat,no 1 tels me who 2 get married to,bt wat am scared is dat,I dnt want 2 do things on my own and later discover I made a very big mistake,even wen ppl were telling me(Esan being diabolical)I turn them down,due 2 luv.just scared.and thanks 1 more tym again,u just elevated me.
Re: Please Advice!!! by cipslim(m): 9:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hi,

I do understand now... Being an only child makes it more complicated and Marriage is kind of a big deal for us... Like i said earlier, It your call... and you know what is best for you, if you are religious, you can pray about it on your own.

I might be wrong but i guess you are the type that worries alot, I can't tell you not to worry... if i am being realistic.. we are all humans and we do worry over every little thing, but try worry less because if you look back into your life "you will smiled and Remembered that today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday"...

Bless
Re: Please Advice!!! by faithuak(f): 10:20am On Jul 26, 2013
Great 1,Thanks for the advice dear,would keep to that,and would always back it up with prayers.
Re: Please Advice!!! by simple2004(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2013
the advice given by clipslim is good. i think you can ask in family section. you'll get more advice especially from married folks who are into inter-tribal marriage, some are even of your tribe. best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice!!! by faithuak(f): 11:55am On Jul 28, 2013
Nice1 dear,tnx
Re: Please Advice!!! by faithuak(f): 11:57am On Jul 28, 2013
simple2004: the advice given by clipslim is good. i think you can ask in family section. you'll get more advice especially from married folks who are into inter-tribal marriage, some are even of your tribe. best of luck.
Tnx

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / ... / International Dating Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.