Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey (1498 Views)

Fraudster Arrested At Lagos Domestic Airport-mm2 Today (Photos) / Man Cuts Off Wife's Ears During Domestic Violence (Graphic Photos) / Graphics!!! See What A Woman Did To Her Domestic Servant Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by Seun(m): 10:31pm On Aug 22, 2005
Hello,

This poll has been created to give an opportunity to the women of Nigeria to anonymously share their experiences in the area of domestic violence. We want to estimate the prevalence rate of domestic violence in this country; we like to estimate how many of our women have had to put up with this menace sometime in the past.

Please make sure you contribute in the above survey (remember, it's an anonymous survey). If so inclined, you can further explain your answer by replying to this thread.

- Remember to choose the most serious form of DV that you've suffered so far.
- Remember to answer "yes" even if it has happened to you only once - a new survey will be opened in a few days to measure the frequency of domestic violence.
- If such things occured to you while you were living in Nigeria, then answer as if you're still in Nigeria.

Thanks.
Re: Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by obong(m): 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2005
any results? how do i see the results
Re: Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by Seun(m): 12:56am On Sep 02, 2005
You'll see the results when you vote!
Re: Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by Latoya(f): 4:21am On Sep 06, 2005
Women in nigeria come out now,we r waiting for your comments
Re: Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by demmy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2005
interesting.

<EMBED style="FILTER: shadow" name="RAOCXplayer" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/" src="http://www.maroc-2010.com/but-maroc-nigeria.wmv" width="320" height="265" type="application/x-mplayer2" autoplay="true" s="1918" ShowControls="1" ShowStatusBar="0" AutoSize="true" loop="true" EnableContextMenu="0"></EMBED>
Re: Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by face007(f): 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2008
most nigerian women are been violated,we are just too shy to come out and speak up,alot dnt have access to the computer,we that are fortunate shuld speak for those,it is hi time.NO to battering of women,our law need to be firm concerning domestic violence sad
Re: Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by almondjoy(f): 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2008
face007:

most nigerian women are been violated,[b]we are just too shy to come out and speak up,[/b]alot dnt have access to the computer,we that are fortunate shuld speak for those,it is hi time.NO to battering of women,our law need to be firm concerning domestic violence sad

Yes, I have encoutered such and it was fight to finish! grin There is nothing to be shy about. It is a very common problem in Nigeria and most "Black American" homes!

Since men are the chief perpertrators, the survey should have been how many men have slapped or beaten a lady and see all the liars that will show up here. They can't keep their fists off your face on Nairaland, they expect us to believe that they are such loveable creatures offline! cheesy

Who una wan deceive? grin

Brutish Beasts!

Leilah were are you? Come vote abeg! cheesy
Re: Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by uspry1(f): 5:58pm On Feb 19, 2008
almondjoy:

There is nothing to be shy about. It is a very common problem in Nigeria and most "Black American" homes!

I was involved in deaf advocate for most Deaf Americans, too back in 2000! Lot of battered American deaf women COULD NOT speak out themself in the name of domestic violence! Very few states has established a small domestic violence agency for all battered/abused deaf women around the USA. (2 out of 50 states, non-profit organization).
Re: Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by Leilah(f): 9:21pm On Feb 19, 2008
Yes! I have honestly voted for slapped or lightly hit. Hopefully it won't happen again, I have seriously addressed this issue. Put it this way imagine being in Nigeria and having no internet or financial access etc it must be terrible for some women. Thank you for remembering me smiley
Re: Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by Leilah(f): 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2008
Black american homes I thought their women would be well able to stand up for themselves! I suppose not all though undecided
Re: Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by almondjoy(f): 7:44am On Feb 21, 2008
Leilah:

Yes! I have honestly voted for slapped or lightly hit. Hopefully it won't happen again, I have seriously addressed this issue. Put it this way imagine being in Nigeria and having no internet or financial access etc it must be terrible for some women. Thank you for remembering me smiley

Even if they had internet access, the culture of "stigmatization" and "secrecy" will never allow most to voice out that they have been kicked around. Anyway, the thread asked for "anonymity". Of course, I always remember you. cheesy

Leilah:

Black american homes I thought their women would be well able to stand up for themselves! I suppose not all though undecided

Yes they do stand up for themselves. Domestic violence has nothing to do with "standing up for yourself". You a victim of a crime of hate perpetrated by a psycho-sociopath. You are never to blame. No one has the right to violate another human being. kiss
Re: Girls and Women in Nigeria: A Domestic Violence Survey by rainbowdigital: 8:20am On Jan 08, 2013
Hello!
Everyone

Please, anyone who can provide legal guide on reporting a desertion or abandonement in marriage by
a spouse.

I need contact address or site that deals with such matters

Regards,

(1) (Reply)

Cocaine Mule Jailed / Nigerian In Court For Murder Of Irish Woman / Nigerian female Postal Worker Arrested For Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.