Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,316 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Poem: A Train Of Squalor By Gboyega Richard Ayepola Published By Poojablog - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poem: A Train Of Squalor By Gboyega Richard Ayepola Published By Poojablog (739 Views)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / Excerpts From The Unseen Terrorist  An Exposé Published By Author House UK / "And I Spied": Published By Drumbeat or Longman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poem: A Train Of Squalor By Gboyega Richard Ayepola Published By Poojablog by SexyPooja1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ayepola Gboyega Richard is a Young, Talented, Upcoming, Nigerian Poet and Novelist who sees poetry and Literature at large as worlds of unchained expressions.

A Graduate of the Department of English from Nigeria’s Premier University(University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria).

Some of the extracts of the chats between Gboyega and PoojaBlog:

WHAT KINDS OF POEMS DO YOU WRITE?

“I see beyond the ordinary when I write poems and I believe the authenticity of a poem is determined by the deepness of the source of inspiration. In other words, the beauty of a poem is determined by how intense and vivid the inspiration is. I write and speak for the masses, I adore the African culture, I write about inadequacies in Governance, I write about love and Religion and I write deeper poems pouring out strange emotions from a mind I don’t understand sometimes. All in one, I embrace versatility.”

YOUR POEM TITLED A TRAIN OF SQUALOR HAS RECEIVED GREAT APPRECIATIONS FROM THOSE THAT HAVE VIEWED IT. DO YOU HAVE A DEEPER MEANING TO THE POEM AS OPPOSED TO WHAT THE PUBLIC THINKS?

Well, to a large extent, Meaning in a work of Art is often determined by the reader’s interpretative ability. A Train of Squalor mirrors a society through a train that passes along the Ikeja Express way. The poem reveals the predicaments of two classes of people in the modern day society of Nigeria; The extremely impoverished and the Traders, and it reveals the rich man’s dispositions towards the moving train through the last line (the train is noisy, so they say). It is a moving train, hence it is a symbolic representation of that squalor that seems unstoppable and moves continuously on the soil of Nigeria and Africa at large.

Read the Poem here ....http://www.poojablog.com/2013/07/poem-train-of-squalor-by-gboyega.html?spref=tw

(1) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Book Publishers Still Active / The Gambler (a Short Story) / The Ex Factor... Episode 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.