Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria (42880 Views)

Impact Of Good Academic Grades And Personal Qualities On labour Market Success / Gain Admission Into 200 Levels In Nigerian Universities Without Jamb. / Good Centers For Cambridge GCE O Levels In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria by SimpleABC: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hello House,

Does anyone have full info on the different levels/Grades in Nigerian Universities. By that I mean, Senior lecturer, Assistant lecturer, etc

What are the order?
How about the qualifications for each of them?

Thanks yo'all.
Re: Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria by ajasbaba(m): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
OK PLS GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

ASK HIM
Re: Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria by SimpleABC: 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
Thankx Ajas,
I'm sure other people are very familiar with this question and can digg my question on the tips of their fingers instead of me tying bits and pieces together online. You may as well post a link if you find any. If everybody responds like you just did, there wont be contents on this forum. would there?

2 Likes

Re: Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria by tosomaju(m): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
According to the university of ibadan which is a British type of ranking.
Professor-Phd
reader - Phd
lecturer 1- Phd
lecture 2 - MSc (but should be running his/her Phd @d university of ibadan)

note: the America system call a reader an associate professor and lecturer2, assistant lecturer. From what I heard, Phd will be the minimum qualification of lecturers in ui irrespective of their level or department very soon.

4 Likes

Re: Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria by Farrang: 8:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
In descending order:
1. Professor - PhD, 10-15 years university full-time teaching and research experience, adequate number of publications, ability to provide academic leadership in his/her field, administrative experience may be required.
2. Associate Professor/Reader - same as Professor except that only 8-12 years university full-time teaching and research experience is required.
3. Senior Lecturer - same as Associate Professor except that only 6-10 years university full-time teaching and research experience is required.
4. Lecturer 1 - PhD, 3-5 years teaching and research experience, adequate number of publications
5. Lecturer 2 - PhD.
6. Assistant Lecturer - MSc
7. Graduate Assistant - BSc(1st class/2:1)

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria by steveyen(m): 3:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
Brilliant guys i have been looking 4 this grading system online 4 months. Thank God i come here. Nairaland rocks! No more long hours on google search without results.
Re: Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
Farrang:
In descending order:
1. Professor - PhD, 10-15 years university full-time teaching and research experience, adequate number of publications, ability to provide academic leadership in his/her field, administrative experience may be required.
2. Associate Professor/Reader - same as Professor except that only 8-12 years university full-time teaching and research experience is required.
3. Senior Lecturer - same as Associate Professor except that only 6-10 years university full-time teaching and research experience is required.
4. Lecturer 1 - PhD, 3-5 years teaching and research experience, adequate number of publications
5. Lecturer 2 - PhD.
Good job bros. I can't believe I won't find it on the net except on nairaland. Although I'm aware that promotion in govt sectors including govt universities is usually delayed and backdated.

But i would like to know their average salary scales and other allowances. I know it differs in different institutions but just thier average overall at each level and is this hierarchy same in private universities? I desire to go into lecturing thats why im curious. Pls i await your reply. Thanks a lot.
Re: Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria by Motion123(m): 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2017
Farrang:
In descending order:
5. Lecturer 2 - PhD.

nice one bro
Re: Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 25, 2017
Does every school accept graduate assistant cos I will love to enter the lecturing line after I graduate?.

Do some universities accept graduates with second class upper or is it only first class they accept?

(1) (Reply)

"We Spent N20m To Hack Into JAMB Registration Portal" – Suspect / What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? / University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.